ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 32
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
O.city 11:44 AM 04-24-2018
If there are that many guys with first round grades, I think it actually shows the opposite that the class is pretty weak. Not many guys separating themselves.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:44 AM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Well that's totally against what everyone is saying.

We will see
I'd have to agree. Teams want the picks today to fill holes after a subpar FA class.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:04 PM 04-24-2018
In 2007, NE traded their 28th pick to SF for that years 4th and next years first
In 2009, NE traded back twice for future draft picks that turned into Gronk
In 2011, they traded back 4 times and one was for a future pick they used on Chandler Jones.
In 2013, NE traded down and out of the first
In 2016 they traded down twice

From 2001-2016 NE traded down 36 times.
[Reply]
O.city 12:21 PM 04-24-2018
They didn't need a future Qb those years. Now they do. I bet they trade UP this year.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:30 PM 04-24-2018
On 610 Terez said Dorsey was more of a “gather more picks for more value” guy while Veach is a “get good players period” kinda guy and trusts his scouting to find the right players.

There likely won’t be value at 54 or even 44 for guys that will be there at 32-37. Think about it...5 QB’s are projected to go in the first rd and 2-3 RB’s. Defensive talent is going to slide down the board a bit.

If Veach trades up, he won’t half ass it. He’s going to be aggressive.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:42 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
On 610 Terez said Dorsey was more of a “gather more picks for more value” guy while Veach is a “get good players period” kinda guy and trusts his scouting to find the right players.

There likely won’t be value at 54 or even 44 for guys that will be there at 32-37. Think about it...5 QB’s are projected to go in the first rd and 2-3 RB’s. Defensive talent is going to slide down the board a bit.

If Veach trades up, he won’t half ass it. He’s going to be aggressive.
I think the world of Dorsey as far as drafting goes.

Here's an article which pretends that you should diversify the risk: https://www.vox.com/2015/4/30/851600...raft-economics

I had read a different but similar article some time ago showing the virtues of collecting multiple picks.

I just hope Veach is not over-agressive because of his lack of experience as a GM.

Even when you really love a player and want to trade up for him, you should globally always look to diversify the risk because there is no such thing as a sure thing.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:32 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
In 2007, NE traded their 28th pick to SF for that years 4th and next years first
In 2009, NE traded back twice for future draft picks that turned into Gronk
In 2011, they traded back 4 times and one was for a future pick they used on Chandler Jones.
In 2013, NE traded down and out of the first
In 2016 they traded down twice

From 2001-2016 NE traded down 36 times.
The only one where you mentioned compensation they got a 1st back.

That's their usual mo.

Why would they take a 2nd next year woven they want a qb this year? Why would they take less than a 1st back?

You are dreaming imo

Edit they drafted Jones with a first so they got one in that trade too
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:43 PM 04-24-2018
The gronk year they got a first and 4th. Then traded that 1st fir a 2nd and 2 3s.

And they also had the 1st pick in the 2nd from us.

You are dreaming that anyone is going to really value that pick next year imo.

Its going to hold more value to us imo to move up and get our pass rusher
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:44 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I

I had read a different but similar article some time ago showing the virtues of collecting multiple picks.

I just hope Veach is not over-agressive because of his lack of experience as a GM.

Even when you really love a player and want to trade up for him, you should globally always look to diversify the risk because there is no such thing as a sure thing.

Veach's aggressiveness the most difficult issue to predict, as you can see everyone went apeshit when I posted "nightmare scenarios".

I'd rather garner selections for next season since we acquired Mahomes at the expense of the 2018 draft.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:58 PM 04-24-2018
You posted idiot scenarios
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:02 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Veach's aggressiveness the most difficult issue to predict, as you can see everyone went apeshit when I posted "nightmare scenarios".

I'd rather garner selections for next season since we acquired Mahomes at the expense of the 2018 draft.
Because trading Hill is beyond a dumbass post.
[Reply]
Shag 06:11 PM 04-24-2018

TIL that giving up your 1st rounder mortgages the entire draft.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:13 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Because trading Hill is beyond a dumbass post.
:-)
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:18 PM 04-24-2018
:-)
You’re face palming me? You’re the one that said trade Hill
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:21 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
You’re face palming me? You’re the one that said trade Hill
Damn right, you took it at the totality that what I would do.

I'm bringing up possible scenarios because of Veach's aggressive nature.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 32
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up