ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 45
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Media Center>-- Horror films you may have missed - suspense, thrillers also okay here...
Simply Red 10:45 PM 10-08-2016
I'll start with a few.

-The Invitation 2015 - Karyn Kusama

- Dead End 2003 - Fabrice Canepa / Jean-Baptiste Andrea

- They Look Like People - 2015 - Perry Blackshear

I'll add more as we go along here, I have a gazillion to mention - I'd like for some of you to wow me.
[Reply]
sedated 02:45 PM 01-03-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Sadly I learned actor Anton Yelchin also died this year :-) He was an aspiring young actor.
I just watched Green Room and had no idea he was well known or that he'd died.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:13 AM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
The Autopsy of Jane Doe was impressive...good suspense, mood, unsettling type of horror flick
Watching right now.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:40 PM 01-04-2017

[Reply]
Simply Red 03:06 AM 01-06-2017
Fear, Inc. was fucking awesome, it reminded me of three movies - I'll spare you the three, for spoiler reasons. It's a MUST SEE!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:13 AM 01-06-2017
Paranormal Activity and The Witch were OK. Both worth a watch.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:17 AM 01-06-2017
The Witch had very little jump scares. It was 100% atmospheric. I'd say they did a great job setting up the time period. It must have really fucking sucked to live in colonial America during that time period.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:50 PM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Fear, Inc. was ****ing awesome, it reminded me of three movies - I'll spare you the three, for spoiler reasons. It's a MUST SEE!!
that's interesting. rotten tomatoes has it at 29%. I've found that by and large I agree with their assessment oddly enough! typically if critics are raving about a movie I usually won't like it....actually usually I'll hate it. if critics bash something it won't stop me from checking it out and usually I'll disagree. for instance Armageddon showed up in the top 10 worst movies of all times on one site. I LOVE that movie! it's GREAT! so...I typically don't trust movie raters. R tomatoes so far usually agrees with me. :-)

having said that I will take your word for it and check it out....cause I love me some horror....good or bad.

wondering how ya'll feel about movie ranking entities.
which ones are..... good? bad? right? wrong?
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:56 PM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by frankotank:
that's interesting. rotten tomatoes has it at 29%. I've found that by and large I agree with their assessment oddly enough! typically if critics are raving about a movie I usually won't like it....actually usually I'll hate it. if critics bash something it won't stop me from checking it out and usually I'll disagree. for instance Armageddon showed up in the top 10 worst movies of all times on one site. I LOVE that movie! it's GREAT! so...I typically don't trust movie raters. R tomatoes so far usually agrees with me. :-)

having said that I will take your word for it and check it out....cause I love me some horror....good or bad.

wondering how ya'll feel about movie ranking entities.
which ones are..... good? bad? right? wrong?

RT isn't always right or accurate. 5.6 on IMDB - better on niter. Just watch it - it was a blast!
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:57 PM 01-06-2017
I use the ranks as a guideline but not as gospel, Frank.
[Reply]
frankotank 03:19 PM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I use the ranks as a guideline but not as gospel, Frank.
yeah....me too. like I said...
mostly I don't agree with them.....mostly.
(that's a horror movie reference....get it?!?)

so I've been surprised at my agreement with RT. but I know it won't always be "right"
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:28 PM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by frankotank:
yeah....me too. like I said...
mostly I don't agree with them.....mostly.
(that's a horror movie reference....get it?!?)

so I've been surprised at my agreement with RT. but I know it won't always be "right"
you must watch Fear, Inc. ASAP! :-)
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 03:33 PM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Paranormal Activity and The Witch were OK. Both worth a watch.
Black Phillip, FTMFW. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:08 PM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Black Phillip, FTMFW. :-)

Spoiler!

It was pretty creepy when it finally talked back to Thomasin.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:52 PM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Spoiler!

It was pretty creepy when it finally talked back to Thomasin.

"Would you like to live deliciously?" Fucking made my skin crawl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:54 AM 01-08-2017
The Girl With All The Gifts

A very fresh and original angle as far as zombie flicks go. Loved the little girl as the lead. Some traces of 28 weeks/Days later but not much. Surprised to see Glenn Close as a main character in this. Ending could be interpreted different ways. I really enjoyed this
[Reply]
Page 24 of 45
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up