Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:21 AM 02-14-2024
Ok, added Worthy and Sweat.

Took Murphy off.

If Legette absolutely explodes at the combine, he'll probably be added as well.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:56 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I think this might be the smart choice and the direction we end up going, ultimately. We won this year with Rice at WR alone. Protecting Mahomes is more important than providing him weapons. He IS the weapon.
I just don't like the likely options at OT. It's a lot of guys who will need a good year to get up to speed imo and that's a position it's hard to take that risk on. Quite a few look like they're technically more advanced than Morris, but not necessarily better athletes.

I know people hate it but I'm still interested in Tyron Smith at LT in FA. If he holds up that is an elite LT. A big IF.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:22 AM 02-14-2024
I’d remove Morgan after he measured in with 33” arms. Cant see Reid/Heck breaking their pattern there.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:51 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I just don't like the likely options at OT. It's a lot of guys who will need a good year to get up to speed imo and that's a position it's hard to take that risk on. Quite a few look like they're technically more advanced than Morris, but not necessarily better athletes.

I know people hate it but I'm still interested in Tyron Smith at LT in FA. If he holds up that is an elite LT. A big IF.
Interesting name, he's solid and affordable, just a bit old. Maybe on a 2-yr stop gap contact similar to Smith and Taylor, and let a young OT develop behind him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:01 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:

If a LT is available at 32....that's just what youre gonna get.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 06:53 AM 02-15-2024
I think it's gonna be one of those years where every single mock has us taking one position (WR) and it doesn't fall that way. No way Veach is reaching.

Is there a dynamic TE or DT likely to be on the board at 32?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:02 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’d remove Morgan after he measured in with 33” arms. Cant see Reid/Heck breaking their pattern there.
Missed that. Good call.

Removed Morgan and added Legette.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:14 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
I think it's gonna be one of those years where every single mock has us taking one position (WR) and it doesn't fall that way. No way Veach is reaching.

Is there a dynamic TE or DT likely to be on the board at 32?
DT is unlikely with Newton and Murphy likely gone. Sweat is a good prospect, but I don't know that I'd call him dynamic.

As for TE, Ja'Tavion Sanders from Texas fits the bill. He'll definitely be on my short list.
[Reply]
O.city 10:16 AM 02-15-2024
Sanders has really caught my eye.

I don't know that I'd put Legette up there that high. I'm just not sure he's a first round WR.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:18 AM 02-15-2024
I think our best bet right now, barring anyone falling, is an OT at 32.
[Reply]
kozzman555 10:22 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sanders has really caught my eye.

I don't know that I'd put Legette up there that high. I'm just not sure he's a first round WR.
We know he has the physical tools for sure. I thought I remember seeing he played QB in HS, so he is still learning the intricacies of the position, had like 3 or 4 different OC's in college, but still got his BS in 3 years and is working on his Masters, so the dude is smart. And we know Andy and Veach value intelligent players. I think he also has been working with Deebo in the off-season. If they decided to take him in the 1st, I would not be mad. I think he's still raw, route running-wise, but I think he can be coached.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
We know he has the physical tools for sure. I thought I remember seeing he played QB in HS, so he is still learning the intricacies of the position, had like 3 or 4 different OC's in college, but still got his BS in 3 years and is working on his Masters, so the dude is smart. And we know Andy and Veach value intelligent players. I think he also has been working with Deebo in the off-season. If they decided to take him in the 1st, I would not be mad. I think he's still raw, route running-wise, but I think he can be coached.
I don't really think WR is the route to go at 32, with the fact that the guy you're taking isn't really going to differentiate himself from some you might get at the end of the 2nd.

But that TE....yeah, he might.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think our best bet right now, barring anyone falling, is an OT at 32.
Yeah, this is where I keep ending up as well.

Guyton and Amegadjie, along with possibly 'Tez Walker. Those are the 3 guys I keep circling around. I occasionally see Mims slide to us and I'd sprint to the podium to grab him, but I see that as a major long-shot.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Are you talking about Legette or Sanders?
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 02-15-2024
Mims would be the one I'd really target, but I seem to be one of the only ones that really like Guyton

But if you go T, isn't that essentially closing the door on Wanya already?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 32
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up