ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2747 of 3903
« First < 1747224726472697273727432744274527462747 274827492750275127572797284732473747 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 01:17 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Thats how you start with these types of things. Usually, it's more "alot of small studies set up well show a bigger results" It's hard to setup big ones TBH>
I assumed as much. It just seems like very random numbers at times.
[Reply]
TLO 01:19 PM 07-30-2020
An update from DHSS for those watching Missouri numbers.

�� This month, we have been experiencing an increase in both testing and positive cases. The increase, along with testing delays at national laboratories, has caused a backlog of data processing and entry at the state level. Today’s record increase, and the record high numbers for the last ten days, is because our data entry staff has worked diligently to clear the backlog and today’s update will be the last with additional cases. Tomorrow’s update will be current with only new cases reported in the last 24 hours.

�� What does this mean?
- This situation DOES cause a delay in reporting data related to new cases on a statewide level.
- This situation DOES mean we will continue to see to see daily reports of new cases similar to today’s until there is no backlog.
- This situation DOES NOT delay the reporting of positive results from labs to patients.
- This situation DOES NOT delay the reporting of positive results from DHSS to local public health agencies for contact tracing.
[Reply]
TLO 01:20 PM 07-30-2020
Crossing my fingers, toes, balls, etc that tomorrow yields much lower numbers. I have my doubts though.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:26 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Fauci wants goggle now :-)
The oddest thing to me on this seemingly ridiculous statement is it points towards the apparent ineffectiveness of masks since the whole goal of them is to keep the virus from becoming airborne.
[Reply]
Pants 01:30 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The oddest thing to me on this seemingly ridiculous statement is it points towards the apparent ineffectiveness of masks since the whole goal of them is to keep the virus from becoming airborne.
It's not odd at all. If everyone wears a mask, it's probably not as necessary. Unfortunately, we live in a country full of retards.

You can get infected through your eyes, nose and mouth.

Wearing a mask covers your mouth and nose. Hence why people have been saying this entire time that the masks protect others more than they protect you. A lot of the virus-carrying particles coming out of your mouth and nose get stopped by the mask (notice I didn't say "ALL").

It's obvious that if you want to more fully protect yourself, then you need to take care of your eyes somehow.

Hence, wearing goggles offers more protection from the anti-mask retards.

It doesn't take a high IQ to understand this, my man.
[Reply]
Donger 01:33 PM 07-30-2020
No it doesn't. At all. Some people are weirdly binary.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:33 PM 07-30-2020
Nah man there's a bunch of people out there who are expelling C-19 laden droplets from their tear ducts.
[Reply]
O.city 01:35 PM 07-30-2020
If someone isn't wearing a mask and it's aerosolized by a cough you can contract thru the fluid in your eyes.

I'd imagine thats a rarity though.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:38 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If someone isn't wearing a mask and it's aerosolized by a cough you can contract thru the fluid in your eyes.

I'd imagine thats a rarity though.
Goggles are meant to protect others. Not you.
[Reply]
O.city 01:39 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Ah, thats what we're doin. Ok.
[Reply]
Pants 01:39 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Is that what Dr. Fauci said?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:55 PM 07-30-2020
Places that locked down hard and masked up early are blowing up now. Sweden appears to have made the right call.
[Reply]
Pants 02:06 PM 07-30-2020
Places that locked down hard and masked up early are blowing up now. Sweden appears to have made the right call.
This argument makes no sense.

Are you saying that masking up and locking down early somehow makes future outbreaks worse?

It has already been discussed ad nauseam in this thread how Sweden fared both economically and in terms of death compared to their two next-door neighbors.

Even taking all of the nuance out and pretending that all cultures and nations are the same and there are no variables at all, I would contend that we, as a species, are now better equipped to deal with the disease caused by SARS2.

Therefore, I think it stands to reason that maybe locking down early and masking up and delaying any potential outbreaks probably ended up saving quite a few lives.
[Reply]
Donger 02:10 PM 07-30-2020
Example(s)?
[Reply]
stumppy 02:13 PM 07-30-2020
Troll remark is obvious trolling.
[Reply]
Page 2747 of 3903
« First < 1747224726472697273727432744274527462747 274827492750275127572797284732473747 > Last »
Up