ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2707 of 3903
« First < 1707220726072657269727032704270527062707 270827092710271127172757280732073707 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 05:09 PM 07-24-2020
And their parents and teachers.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:12 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Does Trump control the UK scientists too?!

There has been no recorded case of a teacher catching the coronavirus from a pupil anywhere in the world, according to one of the government’s leading scientific advisers.

Mark Woolhouse, a leading epidemiologist and member of the government’s Sage committee, told The Times that it may have been a mistake to close schools in March given the limited role children play in spreading the virus.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...tist-3zk5g2x6z
This UK scientist.
[Reply]
O.city 05:45 PM 07-24-2020
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-nordic-study
[Reply]
staylor26 05:49 PM 07-24-2020
:-)
[Reply]
kcxiv 05:59 PM 07-24-2020
I know covid isnt the flu and its a bit different, but everytime i have been sick in say the last 10 years, it has come from a kid, my nieces/nephew, or my neighbors kids when i go hang out over there.

I'd just be skeptical about it is all.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:23 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
I know covid isnt the flu and its a bit different, but everytime i have been sick in say the last 10 years, it has come from a kid, my nieces/nephew, or my neighbors kids when i go hang out over there.

I'd just be skeptical about it is all.
Same here. It's either a kid - usually a party with chips and dips - or an airplane. I can't think of the last time I got sick other than those. Oh yeah - live poker all night in Vegas. Duh.

I have a feeling the airplane is something that's floating around in me already, but it gets all spread around when the pressure changes are like taking a plunger to my sinuses.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:24 PM 07-24-2020
Okay something is going on and there is some kind of significant change in things. Cases are almost 80k today and have been "surging" for well over a month and really all things considered we have see marginal movement in deaths all things considered. Don't get me wrong we have seen a rise in deaths but on balance we aren't seeing anything like we did before and with the exception of the 4 hot spots we aren't even seeing a run on the hospitals.

Makes you wonder if things are taking a turn for the better in that maybe this thing is becoming less and less virulent.....
[Reply]
O.city 06:26 PM 07-24-2020
I’m guessing it means we’re catching a lot more infections now than we were then. Hell there might have been 100k alone in New York
[Reply]
petegz28 06:29 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m guessing it means we’re catching a lot more infections now than we were then. Hell there might have been 100k alone in New York
We might be but cases is not what matters. That's the point. What does cases translate too? I mean no one freaks out when "everyone is getting the flu" because we know it means you will get sick and be back to normal. At some point that is going to happen with Covid as well.

So while there is obviously a rise in cases we have to really keep perspective on what that means. I mean the upward move in deaths was a bit expected but also a bit surprising that is isn't worse to be honest. Hopefully we are seeing this thing tame itself down some.
[Reply]
O.city 06:29 PM 07-24-2020
Texas and Arizona have rolled over and look to be going down. That’s atleast some good news
[Reply]
O.city 06:31 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We might be but cases is not what matters. That's the point. What does cases translate too? I mean no one freaks out when "everyone is getting the flu" because we know it means you will get sick and be back to normal. At some point that is going to happen with Covid as well.

So while there is obviously a rise in cases we have to really keep perspective on what that means. I mean the upward move in deaths was a bit expected but also a bit surprising that is isn't worse to be honest.
Can’t die if you don’t get it. So cases lead to death?

No one freaks out about getting the flu cause we have treatments and have some immunity and don’t have a high rate of bad outcomes
[Reply]
TLO 06:32 PM 07-24-2020
Yeah - this. I remember when you had to practically be dying to actually get a test. Now you can get tested with relative ease. (Most places)

Speaking of which I think it's time to start moving away from PCR testing. The turn around times are simply not practical. I saw a report the other day that antigen testing is around 97% accurate if done within 5 days of symptom onset. These types of tests give you results in 5 minutes. Not 15 days.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:33 PM 07-24-2020
Can’t die if you don’t get it. So cases lead to death?

No one freaks out about getting the flu cause we have treatments and have some immunity and don’t have a high rate of bad outcomes
Well that can be said about the flu as well so I don't quite agree though I am not saying you are wrong.

We have treatments for the flu but we still lose 1,000's to it each yer including infants and children.

So no, cases does not = death...anyway
[Reply]
TLO 06:35 PM 07-24-2020
And if the antigen test shows a negative and the doctor is still skeptical, then do the PCR test. We're never going to be able to ramp up the ability to process PCR tests efficiently at the volume we're currently testing.
[Reply]
O.city 06:39 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well that can be said about the flu as well so I don't quite agree though I am not saying you are wrong.

We have treatments for the flu but we still lose 1,000's to it each yer including infants and children.

So no, cases does not = death...anyway
More cases equal more deaths pete this isn’t hard man. Individually, it may be mild illness for however many, but it’s not for some. So higher case counts mean more deaths.
[Reply]
Page 2707 of 3903
« First < 1707220726072657269727032704270527062707 270827092710271127172757280732073707 > Last »
Up