ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2257 of 3903
« First < 1257175721572207224722532254225522562257 225822592260226122672307235727573257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sedated 03:18 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
LOL...

We basically have a lot of older posters, lots of rural area posters, and frankly this is still the bible belt so we have that too. And we know how all of that sways..We're also in a time where things are being taken to levels of a bunch of genders, the way you talk, etc etc.
Just look at a Super Bowl halftime performer thread and take a guess at the demographic.

CP's top 3 suggestions are Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, and Lynyrd Skynyrd
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:18 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
I've been in academia like 67% of my life and can say with absolute certainty....

the only problem with education is that we keep cutting funding. look at the freaking stats, a better educated populace has a TON of benefits.
Yeah the problem isnt funding, its how its being spent.

I understand some schools need more funding. But the United States pay way more per a child to get wildly different results compared to other countries.

Personally I think we need to go year round with school like some European schools do.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:19 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Just look at a Super Bowl halftime performer thread and take a guess at the demographic.

Is that actually true?
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:20 PM 05-27-2020

[Reply]
Mecca 03:22 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yeah the problem isnt funding, its how its being spent.

I understand some schools need more funding. But the United States pay way more per a child to get wildly different results compared to other countries.

Personally I think we need to go year round with school like some European schools do.
There are some schools that do that, no child left behind was a terrible thing.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:23 PM 05-27-2020

:-) - Led Zeppelin and Skynrd? Is that even possible?
[Reply]
sedated 03:23 PM 05-27-2020
Is that actually true?
Lol, no.

You really think CP could agree on anything?

(Other than rap music sucks)
[Reply]
Mecca 03:23 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
nailed it. you missed my edit, but it kinda explains the south.

there is still latent racism regardless of whether a person wants to acknowledge it, and it's funny.... the freaking slaves NOR THEIR DESCENDENDS obviously have never been on top (michael jordan, oprah, lebron and a handful over 160 years notwithstanding) but... it's the black man, right bubba?

yeah. it's the guy who's way higher % likelihood to have been born in a broken home, way higher chance of going to jail, way higher chance to be killed by violent means...

you absolutely nailed it. we MADE it black/white by policies (why is marijuana illegal? richard nixon and the fact that blacks/hippies liked it, so he wanted to demonize them).

it was always rich/poor and it's hilarious and sad to me that those most affected by it (my parents are life-long hard right leaning and... live in squalor/poverty).

vote against your interests, please people. keep voting to keep the money flowing to the top. great idea.
Something that I've always found interesting is how the poorest states in the union repeatedly vote for the party that isn't helpful to that.
[Reply]
eDave 03:23 PM 05-27-2020
Is that actually true?
Not Zeppelin. He changed it from AC/DC.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:24 PM 05-27-2020
Lol, no.

You really think CP could agree on anything?

(Other than rap music sucks)
I was gonna say there's no way a country act didn't make it into the top 3.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:25 PM 05-27-2020
There are some schools that do that, no child left behind was a terrible thing.
agreed education should have never been a federal thing in my opinion. Leave it LOCAL where the people closest have the power to remove bad educators/administrators.

If your school district is preforming like crap, local population should have a right to change it.

Instead we train our children to pass standardized testing, and other dumb crap.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:27 PM 05-27-2020
Something that I've always found interesting is how the poorest states in the union repeatedly vote for the party that isn't helpful to that.
Lol
[Reply]
Mecca 03:27 PM 05-27-2020
agreed education should have never been a federal thing in my opinion. Leave it LOCAL where the people closest have the power to remove bad educators/administrators.

If your school district is preforming like crap, local population should have a right to change it.

Instead we train our children to pass standardized testing, and other dumb crap.
You also train a generation of kids, I've personally watched this, that they can literally go straight F and they are passed to the next grade and this continues till they are in high school. If you teach someone, especially a kid in their formative years. They get the same reward as the kid that worked hard, what is the incentive for trying?

Kids are like any other group in the country you reward them for being lazy guess what they're gonna be? Then you expect by the time they're 14 they're just gonna flip a switch and be productive in high school and go to college?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:28 PM 05-27-2020
HERE WE GO AGAIN
[Reply]
Mecca 03:29 PM 05-27-2020
Lol
But it's true....I mean you can laugh and all.
[Reply]
Page 2257 of 3903
« First < 1257175721572207224722532254225522562257 225822592260226122672307235727573257 > Last »
Up