ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1757 of 3903
« First < 757125716571707174717531754175517561757 175817591760176117671807185722572757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 01:56 PM 05-01-2020
Went to our local butcher just a little bit ago and motherfuckers are making a run on beef. I was lucky and got a couple of nice filets for this weekend and a couple of pounds of beef. People need to chill.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:59 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If you don't think social distancing prevents the spread of infectious diseases, I'm not sure what else I can say to you for you to believe me.

Do you think that sitting in your home, the virus will come knock on your door and force its way into your lungs? Social distancing always works. The degree it works depends on how drastic the measures are. We have greatly diminished this from moving forward, especially since it was during the cold and flu season.

Every thing you do affects the spread. Leave everything open, way more are effected. If you ONLY shut schools down and left all businesses open it would still decrease the spread. It is a sliding scale on the degree of social distancing a state or country implements.

We are moving out of that and into spring & summer when coronaviruses do not spread AS EASILY. But we still do not know for sure how this novel virus will react. When states & non-essential businesses reopen we can expect more cases.

If you want to re-open the economy. Fine. If you are fine with hundreds of thousands, potentially millions dying from a virus because you believe your way of life or economic prosperity is more beneficial than the consequences. Also fine. That is up to your own personal ideology and of opinion. Indicating social distancing does not work and we have not mitigated the spread of the virus by what we have done so far is just plain ignorant.
Hundreds of thousands are going to die without regard to lockdowns, considering the timeline of the outbreak is indefinite.

But I'm glad you admit that the whole point of a lockdown wasn't to prevent an overload of the health care system, since Kansas City hasn't even bothered to prepare for any sort of contingency plan for that scenario with the six weeks of time created by flattening the curve.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:03 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Went to our local butcher just a little bit ago and motherfuckers are making a run on beef. I was lucky and got a couple of nice filets for this weekend and a couple of pounds of beef. People need to chill.
My area is completely stocked with everything. The shelves are full. No shortage of any meat, milk, eggs etc here.

Hell, my favorite local market even has a full aisle of shit paper. I was gonna take a pic and share on CP but that'd be mean.
[Reply]
kgrund 02:09 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Hundreds of thousands are going to die without regard to lockdowns, considering the timeline of the outbreak is indefinite.

But I'm glad you admit that the whole point of a lockdown wasn't to prevent an overload of the health care system, since Kansas City hasn't even bothered to prepare for any sort of contingency plan for that scenario with the six weeks of time created by flattening the curve.
I don't exactly get what you mean that KC has not prepared for this. Have not followed the Missouri side, but off the Johnson County website, the hospitals they are monitoring in the area have 910 surge beds that have never been touched as total unused beds has never fallen below 14%. The metro on the Kansas side has been sitting and waiting from what I can gather.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:09 PM 05-01-2020
8 states expiring today or tomorrow, no state has reached white house threshold of 14 day decline in cases.

Yet they are doing it anyway.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:10 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
I don't exactly get what you mean that KC has not prepared for this. Have not followed the Missouri side, but off the Johnson County website, the hospitals they are monitoring in the area have 910 surge beds that have never been touched as total unused beds has never fallen below 14%. The metro on the Kansas side has been sitting and waiting from what I can gather.
I am fairly confident that there isn't a KC equivalent of the Javits' Center ready to go right now.
[Reply]
kgrund 02:13 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I am fairly confident that there isn't a KC equivalent of the Javits' Center ready to go right now.
Why would you need it? Again on the Kansas side they have over 910 beds for the "spike" that are collecting dust. They have never been touched. They were more than ready.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:15 PM 05-01-2020
8 states expiring today or tomorrow, no state has reached white house threshold of 14 day decline in cases.

Good news man, you can stay in your house as long as you want.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:15 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
My area is completely stocked with everything. The shelves are full. No shortage of any meat, milk, eggs etc here.

Hell, my favorite local market even has a full aisle of shit paper. I was gonna take a pic and share on CP but that'd be mean.

Here I was just needing to get out of the house so I thought since it was going to be nice this weekend grab a couple of nice filets because this butcher is awesome. They do great business but they are never busy at one time but today, yep had a line and their cases were almost empty. wtf..I haven't ventured out to Wallyworld yet but I am sure it is the same way.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:16 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Why would you need it? Again on the Kansas side they have over 910 beds for the "spike" that are collecting dust. They have never been touched. They were more than ready.
Thats 7x more beds than people that have died in Kansas.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:17 PM 05-01-2020

I may need to head down to North County because the shelves are mostly empty here in LA.

And there's no toilet paper to be found anywhere, same with napkins.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:18 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Here I was just needing to get out of the house so I thought since it was going to be nice this weekend grab a couple of nice filets because this butcher is awesome. They do great business but they are never busy at one time but today, yep had a line and their cases were almost empty. wtf..I haven't ventured out to Wallyworld yet but I am sure it is the same way.
Yeah Walmart sucks. I avoid that place as much as i can because of course, they make you wait in line....6' apart. Takes forever just to get in the damn place and they STILL don't have any shit paper.

I went two weeks ago because i needed some decent hair clippers for my dog. Sucked hard.
[Reply]
farmerchief 02:20 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Good news man, you can stay in your house as long as you want.
Not me, We Farmers are outstanding in our field!
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 02:22 PM 05-01-2020

Because they’re going broke, can’t print their own money, and were told to go pound sand by Congress. Really only leaves one option to get cash.

We’ve gotta try opening up at some point :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:22 PM 05-01-2020
Yeah Walmart sucks. I avoid that place as much as i can because of course, they make you wait in line....6' apart. Takes forever just to get in the damn place and they STILL don't have any shit paper.

I went two weeks ago because i needed some decent hair clippers for my dog. Sucked hard.

I hate going to Walmart but when you live in a small town you have no choice. Lately though they have been having alot of toilet paper so I guess that run was over.
[Reply]
Page 1757 of 3903
« First < 757125716571707174717531754175517561757 175817591760176117671807185722572757 > Last »
Up