ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 153
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:03 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I agree with you. Perhaps folks opposed to granting protections to marginalized groups now see the importance of doing so when the shoe is on the other foot.
I'm tangential to you.

I don't mind at-will employment.
I'm not in favor of targeted protections.

Carano being let go was entirely within Disney's purview.

My main beef here is getting society to react appropriately without the messaging turning it into something it wasn't.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 02-11-2021
Can we move this shit to the DC?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:31 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Can we move this shit to the DC?
Might as well move everything there, it's all going to be politicized eventually.
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:36 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Might as well move everything there, it's all going to be politicized eventually.
Yep. Anyone that thinks this is wrong but yet still buys the product... you are just as much the problem as the ones getting her fired. I bet it would take 6 months to rectify what is going on if anyone could put themselves out just the slightest.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:59 AM 02-11-2021
If you want to talk about the political aspect of this, go create a thread in the DC cesspool and cry about it there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 AM 02-11-2021
OK, I don't want this to become DC, so I'll limit myself to one post here spoilered anything that could be DC.

Here's my position. This one took me a minute.

Caveat: I didn't bother to look up the tweets. When I saw some were deleted, I didn't figure I'd get the whole story anyway.

Spoiler!

And hypocrisy abound, we all know that. Hypocrisy everywhere. It's bullshit and it sucks.

HOWEVER

Spoiler!

Moreover, it's dumb to get loud on anything controversial. It was dumb for Carano to do it about what she did, and it's also dumb for Pascal to do it too, even though he got away with it. It's still fucking risky and stupid. It's stupid for Holywood types to do it, no different than it is for me to do it with potential or current landlords, suppliers, customers, whatever. It's stupid and Carano got burned.

tl;dr (or in this case, too long; didn't DC)
I agree at least to some extent agree with her message, but it's stupid of her to do it and I support Disney's right to shitcan her.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:00 PM 02-11-2021
imagine 20 years ago, and how companies employed many dumbasses with dumbass beliefs, etc..........

......and they had no idea........and people kept their jobs.
[Reply]
notorious 12:16 PM 02-11-2021
I don’t care what your beliefs are, don’t let them bleed into the final product and I’m good to go.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:28 PM 02-11-2021
This is what I've been told in the past 18 hours since the decision was made:

Disney contacted UTA, Carano's talent agency, more than a dozen times in the past calendar year to ask her to refrain from posting inflammatory comments on social media. She refused.

She continued to post inflammatory comments after the election but this time, Dave Filoni contacted her and asked her to refrain and again, she refused. Finally, Jon Favreau contacted her and asked her to refrain and again, she refused.

Disney felt they had no choice but to fire her, as did her talent agency.

Disney isn't going to "die on the hill" of a D-list actress. All she had to do to keep her job was to refrain from posting on social media and all would have been fine.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:29 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Disney contacted UTA, Carano's talent agency, more than a dozen times in the past calendar year to ask her to refrain from posting inflammatory comments on social media. She refused.

She continued to post inflammatory comments after the election but this time, Dave Filoni contacted her and asked her to refrain and again, she refused. Finally, Jon Favreau contacted her and asked her to refrain and again, she refused.

Disney isn't going to "die on the hill" of a D-list actress. All she had to do to keep her job was to refrain from posting on social media and all would have been fine.
Sucks, but I don't think it's in her DNA to back down from a fight.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:32 PM 02-11-2021

No surprise. I figured it was the pattern of stupid posts that did her in, not this single one off post yesterday. This was simply the final straw.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:48 PM 02-11-2021

If that's accurate, they had no choice. Which, given what we know, there's no reason to disbelieve anything here.

That's wild she'd set fire to her career like that. I guess the other side is she had the stones to stand up for what she believes. Just not the course I'd have chosen.

Thanks for posting.

EDIT: Disney gave her far more rope than Buehler445 would have.
[Reply]
notorious 12:56 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Yep.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:57 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If that's accurate, they had no choice. Which, given what we know, there's no reason to disbelieve anything here.

That's wild she'd set fire to her career like that. I guess the other side is she had the stones to stand up for what she believes. Just not the course I'd have chosen.

Thanks for posting.

The choice point wasn't the vendor, but the customer.

Disney didn't like the feedback from customers, but the customers being out of pocket is the problem.

The same as those complaining to the FCC in the past about the promiscuity and blaspheming on the airwaves in the past.
[Reply]
notorious 12:59 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
No surprise. I figured it was the pattern of stupid posts that did her in, not this single one off post yesterday. This was simply the final straw.
It doesn't matter if the posts are stupid or not. When your employer asks you to back off you probably need to do it.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 153
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Up