ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2535 of 4819
« First < 1535203524352485252525312532253325342535 253625372538253925452585263530353535 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:59 PM 12-09-2020
Where is that damn MH Mule Tool?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:22 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Installing a new fleshlight on his life size cutout of elway
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:35 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Boy, I hate to say this, and I don't want to derail the thread, but this is pretty much true. Husker fans (and I'm one of the die hards) just can't grasp that the Huskers are no longer of any national significance. Best we can hope for, probably forever now, is that we have a few good seasons here and there with the occasional Division championship, occasional bowl wins and in an insane instance the playoffs. We will probably never again sniff a National Championship. We're all living in the 90's and 20+ years have gone by...we are worse than mediocre, and I for one would LOVE to at least be mediocre right now. Huskers are bad, and there is currently no light at the end of that tunnel.

The difference I suppose is that the NFL has parity. But as long as Mahomes is healthy and in their division, the Donks will always be playing for a wild card. They need an organizational overhaul, but that won't happen because...well...they are living in the past. Cheers!
Nebraska messed up when they stuck their neck out in the conference realignment mess. Same goes for Mizzou.

I'm not a huuuuge college sports fan, so somebody's gonna come by and correct me and say something about blah blah money blah blah. I don't know about conference money, nor do I fucking care. If I were a fan of one of those schools, I'd be kind of pissed I will rarely ever have a shot at winning my conference. I don't give a shit what's better for the conference's or even the school's bottom line. If I have to watch my team lose every week, it's not worth it.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:45 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Nebraska messed up when they stuck their neck out in the conference realignment mess. Same goes for Mizzou.

I'm not a huuuuge college sports fan, so somebody's gonna come by and correct me and say something about blah blah money blah blah. I don't know about conference money, nor do I ****ing care. If I were a fan of one of those schools, I'd be kind of pissed I will rarely ever have a shot at winning my conference. I don't give a shit what's better for the conference's or even the school's bottom line. If I have to watch my team lose every week, it's not worth it.
I miss the days of the Big 8 and Southwestern conference!
[Reply]
alanm 12:09 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by tmax63:
The Bronco's problems are very simple and, thankfully, not ours and it's not the QB or any player for that matter. When Pat Bowlen died and the kids took over, things went to shit. The kids have been fighting over who takes over and Elway doesn't have the skills to run it by himself. When Pat ran the show, as much as I dislike the team, they had purpose, vision and accountability. Just like there were doubters when Clark took over here and was afraid that was happening in KC. Thank goodness that Clark turned out to be a far better owner that a lot of people thought he might. What used to be an exceptionally well run football team in Denver has turned into one of the worst.
As long as Bowlen's kids are fighting amongst themselves for control of the team the Bronco's will remain mediocre. Right now their content to let Elway run the show.
[Reply]
alanm 12:24 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Boy, I hate to say this, and I don't want to derail the thread, but this is pretty much true. Husker fans (and I'm one of the die hards) just can't grasp that the Huskers are no longer of any national significance. Best we can hope for, probably forever now, is that we have a few good seasons here and there with the occasional Division championship, occasional bowl wins and in an insane instance the playoffs. We will probably never again sniff a National Championship. We're all living in the 90's and 20+ years have gone by...we are worse than mediocre, and I for one would LOVE to at least be mediocre right now. Huskers are bad, and there is currently no light at the end of that tunnel.

The difference I suppose is that the NFL has parity. But as long as Mahomes is healthy and in their division, the Donks will always be playing for a wild card. They need an organizational overhaul, but that won't happen because...well...they are living in the past. Cheers!
Huskers should be in the running for the division every year. There's no reason to believe they shouldn't be. Hell, a bowl game should be the minimum every year as well. As far as beating Ohio St. that's a whole other Mnt to climb. Reilly totally fucked over the program in every way conceivable. Keep the faith. I can honestly say without knowing you personally that I'm most likely more diehard than you. One thing I can say for sure is Chinander has to go. Frost has to start firing his friends.
[Reply]
alanm 12:32 AM 12-10-2020

I'm not a huuuuge college sports fan, so somebody's gonna come by and correct me and say something about blah blah money blah blah. I don't know about conference money, nor do I ****ing care. If I were a fan of one of those schools, I'd be kind of pissed I will rarely ever have a shot at winning my conference. I don't give a shit what's better for the conference's or even the school's bottom line. If I have to watch my team lose every week, it's not worth it.
Nebraska wasn't going to stay in a league where Texas and their $$$ called all the shots. Christ they all caved when they moved the league office from KC to Dallas. I know Ne voted no on that. Believe Mizzou did too.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:42 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
Nebraska wasn't going to stay in a league where Texas and their $$$ called all the shots. Christ they all caved when they moved the league office from KC to Dallas. I know Ne voted no on that. Believe Mizzou did too.
Great. The school told Texas and their $$$-controlling ways to go shove it. Fantastic!

Has the experience of Cornhusker fans been better or worse as a result of that decision?
[Reply]
alanm 01:46 AM 12-10-2020
Great. The school told Texas and their $$$-controlling ways to go shove it. Fantastic!

Has the experience of Cornhusker fans been better or worse as a result of that decision?
The money side has been fantastic for the school. The football not so much. I used to downplay the Big 10 as being weak. But top to bottom the Big 10 is a much tougher conference than the Big 12. Under Callahan and Reilly they let the defense slide into the abyss. They dumped the walkon program which was the backbone of the Huskers. Had they stayed in the 12 I think they would have been a lot better off. Man we miss the old rivalry's. It's just been weird in the Big 10. Just no history with anyone outside of Iowa and Penn St.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:51 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Installing a new fleshlight on his life size cutout of elway
Meant to thumbs up you. Sorry!
[Reply]
TEX 07:41 AM 12-10-2020
He's been "out of town" 8 times this season...:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:15 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
He's been "out of town" 8 times this season...:-)
:-) That's a lot of fucking birthday parties
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:58 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
The money side has been fantastic for the school. The football not so much. I used to downplay the Big 10 as being weak. But top to bottom the Big 10 is a much tougher conference than the Big 12. Under Callahan and Reilly they let the defense slide into the abyss. They dumped the walkon program which was the backbone of the Huskers. Had they stayed in the 12 I think they would have been a lot better off. Man we miss the old rivalry's. It's just been weird in the Big 10. Just no history with anyone outside of Iowa and Penn St.
Alan always has, and always will, get it.
[Reply]
TEX 10:12 AM 12-13-2020
:-) That's a lot of ****ing birthday parties
Yep. Odd that he NEVER went to any from 2011 - 2015... :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:04 PM 12-13-2020
That meaningless win just dropped them out of the top 10 in draft order...lets hope they win out.

Wasted season with a shitty draft spot to show for it...another win could drop them down to 17th.
[Reply]
Page 2535 of 4819
« First < 1535203524352485252525312532253325342535 253625372538253925452585263530353535 > Last »
Up