ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2534 of 4817
« First < 1534203424342484252425302531253225332534 253525362537253825442584263430343534 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 11:21 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
They need a proper QB whisperer. And then they need to double up on a couple of younger reclamation projects that were highly rated coming in but it just hasn't worked out for them.

There won't be a guy where they're drafting.

Something like a Wentz AND a Rosen. With like a Kafka as OC.
Naw, they need to keep doing what they're doing and SUCK FOREVER!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:47 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
Naw, they need to keep doing what they're doing and SUCK FOREVER!
Well, that's probably what they WILL do.

Not what they NEED to do.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 03:18 PM 12-08-2020
Where is Mahomo

Broncos CB A.J. Bouye latest NFL star to get suspended for PEDs
[Reply]
tooge 04:28 PM 12-08-2020
they've now had half a generation watch their team not be able to beat the Chiefs. The diehard donk fan generation from the 90's is all in their 60's and 70's. This is how you lose a large portion of your fan base
[Reply]
TEX 04:42 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I trust Allbright bc he’s in Denver covering the Broncos. He said that he doesn’t think Denver will go to the draft.

I could definitely see Wentz in Denver which sucks bc I do think he’s a good QB whose confidence was ruined when Foles won the SB with his team. It sure as shit doesn’t help that Philly has had major injuries to their receiving core but Wentz needs a new home with a reset.

Denver has a good defense with Fangio and unfortunately their OL looks a lot better with quality weapons like Lindsay, Fant, Jeudy and Sutton.

They’re a QB away from being a playoff team.
IMO, Wentz ends up with the Colts.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 06:48 AM 12-09-2020
I’ve rumblings that Matt Stafford wants out of Detroit. Any chance Elway pulls his little parlor trick and talks him into signing with Denver?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:54 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
It won't last?!?!?!?!?!?! :-)

They are starting to sound like Nebraska football fans! :-):-)
Boy, I hate to say this, and I don't want to derail the thread, but this is pretty much true. Husker fans (and I'm one of the die hards) just can't grasp that the Huskers are no longer of any national significance. Best we can hope for, probably forever now, is that we have a few good seasons here and there with the occasional Division championship, occasional bowl wins and in an insane instance the playoffs. We will probably never again sniff a National Championship. We're all living in the 90's and 20+ years have gone by...we are worse than mediocre, and I for one would LOVE to at least be mediocre right now. Huskers are bad, and there is currently no light at the end of that tunnel.

The difference I suppose is that the NFL has parity. But as long as Mahomes is healthy and in their division, the Donks will always be playing for a wild card. They need an organizational overhaul, but that won't happen because...well...they are living in the past. Cheers!
[Reply]
wheeler08 06:58 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I’ve rumblings that Matt Stafford wants out of Detroit. Any chance Elway pulls his little parlor trick and talks him into signing with Denver?
Stafford has some years left on his contract doesn’t he? So they’d have to trade for him. I think Detroit would trade him. That team is gonna get blown up and rebuilt.

Don’t forget Sam Darnold will probably be floating around as trade bait as well.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:08 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Stafford has some years left on his contract doesn’t he? So they’d have to trade for him. I think Detroit would trade him. That team is gonna get blown up and rebuilt.

Don’t forget Sam Darnold will probably be floating around as trade bait as well.
Any team that trades for Darnold is foolish. If the NYJ get the #1 pick they are all but certain going to take Lawrence. If for some reason he pulls an Elway/Eli move than I doubt the Jets part with Darnold. If he doesn't they will most likely release Darnold anyways or at worst keep him as a backup for a year. After next year Darnold would be a FA and any team can sign him without giving up picks. Any team looking to bring him in as a starter most likely is not very good and can ill afford to offload picks for a QB that is no guarantee to be good.
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:22 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Any team that trades for Darnold is foolish. If the NYJ get the #1 pick they are all but certain going to take Lawrence. If for some reason he pulls an Elway/Eli move than I doubt the Jets part with Darnold. If he doesn't they will most likely release Darnold anyways or at worst keep him as a backup for a year. After next year Darnold would be a FA and any team can sign him without giving up picks. Any team looking to bring him in as a starter most likely is not very good and can ill afford to offload picks for a QB that is no guarantee to be good.
I think they’d keep Flacco over Darnold as a mentor to Trevor. Unless Flacco is a free agent. I don’t keep up with Jet players contracts.

Who would you trade for if you had shit at qb? Wentz or Darnold?

Darnold has been rumored to be wanted by Patriots. I don’t think they keep Newton
[Reply]
tredadda 07:33 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
I think they’d keep Flacco over Darnold as a mentor to Trevor. Unless Flacco is a free agent. I don’t keep up with Jet players contracts.

Who would you trade for if you had shit at qb? Wentz or Darnold?

Darnold has been rumored to be wanted by Patriots. I don’t think they keep Newton
I wouldn't trade for either to be honest. I don't value him high enough to be worthy of a pick, especially if my team is garbage. Wentz won't get traded. That salary will prevent it, especially in a year where the cap could go down or at best stay the same.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:40 AM 12-09-2020
The Bronco's problems are very simple and, thankfully, not ours and it's not the QB or any player for that matter. When Pat Bowlen died and the kids took over, things went to shit. The kids have been fighting over who takes over and Elway doesn't have the skills to run it by himself. When Pat ran the show, as much as I dislike the team, they had purpose, vision and accountability. Just like there were doubters when Clark took over here and was afraid that was happening in KC. Thank goodness that Clark turned out to be a far better owner that a lot of people thought he might. What used to be an exceptionally well run football team in Denver has turned into one of the worst.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:18 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
The John Elway QB Cycle

Stage 1: Draft an ultra raw guy and do the responsible thing for his development by having him sit and learn on the bench from his defense-minded head coach. After all, if there's anybody who knows about getting college QBs to put their skills to the best use, it's defensive coordinators.

Stage 2: Start your ultra raw guy too early because your current veteran sucks.

Stage 3: Realize your ultra raw guy isn't really all that raw-- he just sucks. Trade for/overpay a game manager veteran QB. May also be accompanied by hiring a new defense-minded head coach, so that you can build a "play defense, run the ball, make no mistakes, win playoff games" kind of team. Falsely assume people will praise you for thinking outside the box.

Stage 4: Vet QB sucks. You have no young talent at the position. It's time to draft a QB!

Rinse and repeat
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:59 PM 12-09-2020
I was at this game 30 years ago.

Time flies....took my late nephew to his first Chiefs game that day. Great time was had by all. I remember at the time the refs were trying to control the crowd noise by threatening time outs & penalties.

Can you imagine that nowadays?

[Reply]
tooge 03:21 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Boy, I hate to say this, and I don't want to derail the thread, but this is pretty much true. Husker fans (and I'm one of the die hards) just can't grasp that the Huskers are no longer of any national significance. Best we can hope for, probably forever now, is that we have a few good seasons here and there with the occasional Division championship, occasional bowl wins and in an insane instance the playoffs. We will probably never again sniff a National Championship. We're all living in the 90's and 20+ years have gone by...we are worse than mediocre, and I for one would LOVE to at least be mediocre right now. Huskers are bad, and there is currently no light at the end of that tunnel.

The difference I suppose is that the NFL has parity. But as long as Mahomes is healthy and in their division, the Donks will always be playing for a wild card. They need an organizational overhaul, but that won't happen because...well...they are living in the past. Cheers!
Yeah, and when the donks won in 1998 and 2015, they had QB's at the end of their careers. They knew they were done after that and other teams knew so too. With Mahomes, the donks know that they are screwed for a long long time.
[Reply]
Page 2534 of 4817
« First < 1534203424342484252425302531253225332534 253525362537253825442584263430343534 > Last »
Up