ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>RB's.
Chris Meck 10:30 AM 01-01-2024
I tell you what-

I know the position is undervalued, but Pacheco is an awfully important piece of this offense now, and moving forward. He's also going to wear down fast.

I'd like to address the RB2/split time spot in this draft. Mckinnon is probably close to done, and Clyde is not an answer long-term.

Who do you like? I'm not saying first round, or even second-but by the mid rounds, I'd be looking for an all-around back to split time with Pacheco.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:06 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
He'll be 25 years old in December :-)
I think maybe it doesn't matter with RB's. It's not like you're going to pay them a second contract anyway, more than likely.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:30 PM 03-31-2024
Yeah, but wondering if he wouldn't drop a bit bc of that... Might be a good replacement for McKinnon, seems like he catches more yards than he runs. Hybrid WR type, maybe.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:36 PM 03-31-2024
Tyrone Tracy Jr. Your next J McKinnon?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:39 PM 03-31-2024
Interesting you mention that, PFF's latest RB youtube vid mentions the strongest correlations for RB success over the years has been 1. How high they're picked in draft 2. hand size 3. age.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:41 PM 03-31-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Interesting you mention that, PFF's latest RB youtube vid mentions the strongest correlations for RB success over the years has been 1. How high they're picked in draft 2. hand size 3. age.
It's more about volume of touches though, right? I subscribe to the theory that there is only so much tread on the tires, and while some tires are more durable than others, you may as well invest in a lightly used set.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:41 PM 03-31-2024
Crazy how J Wright's climbed from 7th round projection to a potential top 3 RB in this draft depending on who's board it is. One of the guys at PFF said he had him at #1, but changed to Benson last min.
Latest PFF vid has him at like #4-6 in this RB class. They mention his hand size and that he's the best pass blocker in the class, which I didn't expect. They also talk about playing around with an updated RB grading model, if they apply their new model to this RB class J. Wright scores 98.8.

I'm not sure he goes as high as some are predicting, early 3rd I think.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:02 PM 03-31-2024
I think it would be super exciting for us to take a RB fairly high in the draft, I believe we have the roster for it now. Someone in the 3rd-4th would be ideal IMO. Currently, I think only Brooks goes in the 2nd but he'd be on my list too.

Brooks, Benson, Wright, Corum, or Lloyd.

Big Pachecco fan, but he's not a top all-around RB type and needs a good compliment I think.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:10 PM 03-31-2024
I think it would be super exciting for us to take a RB fairly high in the draft, I believe we have the roster for it now. Someone in the 3rd-4th would be ideal IMO. Currently, I think only Brooks goes in the 2nd but he'd be on my list too.

Brooks, Benson, Wright, Corum, or Lloyd.

Big Pachecco fan, but he's not a top all-around RB type and needs a good compliment I think.
You don't need to spend a premium pick on a complimentary RB. You get those guys in the 5th to 7th every year with ease.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:32 PM 03-31-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
You don't need to spend a premium pick on a complimentary RB. You get those guys in the 5th to 7th every year with ease.
Thats true! But I'd like to get a premium back, like when we took our shot at CEH, to pair with Pachecco and then take over. A top quality back that can run and catch would be lights out in our offense.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:38 PM 04-06-2024
Came here to point out that RB might be the pick we should be focused on. There's a ton of good WRs in this draft, but not too many RBs in a year we could use some help.

Also, anyone else remember being excited when we Kniles Davis picked in the bottom of the 3rd? Yikes, that one didn't work out too well.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:50 PM 04-06-2024
Came here to point out that RB might be the pick we should be focused on. There's a ton of good WRs in this draft, but not too many RBs in a year we could use some help.

Also, anyone else remember being excited when we Kniles Davis picked in the bottom of the 3rd? Yikes, that one didn't work out too well.
We might take one in the 4th or 5th sure, but I'm not too focused on it. We have our top 2 RBs from last season on the roster. We really need a McKinnon replacement.

I'm more apt to promote a guy like Ainias Smith who can primarily line up as a slot WR but can take snaps in the backfield when you want a change-up in there, then just hold another back like Perine on the roster.

If they go RB at some point, fine by me. I won't look for it in the top 3 rounds though. It's not necessary we find a starter.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
We might take one in the 4th or 5th sure, but I'm not too focused on it. We have our top 2 RBs from last season on the roster. We really need a McKinnon replacement.

I'm more apt to promote a guy like Ainias Smith who can primarily line up as a slot WR but can take snaps in the backfield when you want a change-up in there, then just hold another back like Perine on the roster.

If they go RB at some point, fine by me. I won't look for it in the top 3 rounds though. It's not necessary we find a starter.
I think we might find a quality back in RDs 4-5!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up