ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 56
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:35 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
I picked up this a little before Len passed. RIP!
Beautiful!

Was on the fence a couple months ago about picking one up for about $50. Didn't. Then the hospice thing came and I looked around for another one. Wasn't happy with BiN prices on ebay of $70 and $75. Dumb. Will have to wait a year, or 2 for prices to settle back down.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:37 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Holy shit that's a lot. :-)

I might have ~10k... I think one of those large 4 column boxes holds like 4-5k, plus several more sleeves and several binders. Fortunately doesn't take up a ton of space, which is pretty much why I keep them around.
Yeah, it was a lot.

I was the kid working the card stands at the flea markets on the weekends from 12-17.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:15 PM 08-29-2022
My favorite of the few I have..DT signed
Attached: DT signed.jpg (73.0 KB) 
[Reply]
DCTwister 08:46 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Beautiful!

Was on the fence a couple months ago about picking one up for about $50. Didn't. Then the hospice thing came and I looked around for another one. Wasn't happy with BiN prices on ebay of $70 and $75. Dumb. Will have to wait a year, or 2 for prices to settle back down.
I paid $50 just as he was going into hospice.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:36 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
I paid $50 just as he was going into hospice.
It's all about timing. Those cards were routinely selling anywhere $25-50 prior to the hospice announcement. With an SCG 10 Auto 10 selling for $50 on June 9th and a raw one for $30 on June 16th.

Last year I saw one auction at $16. Now they are auctioning for around $120 after death.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:41 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
My favorite of the few I have..DT signed
Always loved those Pro Line auto's. The first one's that came in packs were damn hard to find. Santa was a top chase, Jack Kemp as well.

I have a Nick Lowery somewhere. He likes to draw a ball going through a field goal with his autos.

Even the wives had autos.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 04:11 PM 08-30-2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 02:24 PM 08-31-2022
I was a bit surprised to see Pat Mahomes while going through cards, heh... and his rookie card.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:26 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I was a bit surprised to see Pat Mahomes while going through cards, heh... and his rookie card.

Oh boy. Sell now. Only time that thing has been worth $1.

I'm sure I can wrangle up some sweet screw downs for that bad boy.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:08 PM 08-31-2022
Oh boy. Sell now. Only time that thing has been worth $1.

I'm sure I can wrangle up some sweet screw downs for that bad boy.
He signs at shows for like $10 in the KC area every now and then. You could spend $10 to make it worth $2.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:31 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
He signs at shows for like $10 in the KC area every now and then. You could spend $10 to make it worth $2.
:-) That's too funny.

I can't blame the guy for trying to make money from his son's success. Sure as hell wouldn't be signing autographs otherwise. Sounds bad but I don't mean it that way.
[Reply]
ghak99 11:13 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
If I had a really nice rookie of his that I liked the looks of, I'd probably do it. My personal collections have never really revolved around their actual values though.

Some of the shit is even just for the laughs or weirdness.
[Reply]
myselff77 03:47 PM 09-01-2022
Many years ago I went through everything I collected as a kid from back when I started in 1985. Even found my Garbage Pail Kids cards from 1984, back when my pack ripping addiction as a kid really started. Any way, my mother wanted them out of her house and after me being gone 20+ years at that point I guess I could see why. So I got them home and went through each one individually and pulled all the stars, minor stars, rookies, etc . Threw away so much junk wax bullshit that I filled up a recycle bin of nothing but bent and torn nobodies. Still had about 50K cards after getting rid of many more and gave all but just a few to my son after that. It's all his shit to move around now. :-)

Definitely brought back the memories going through them again though. More so of how much my mother is a saint for buying me so many packs of cards when I was kid.
I need to do the same thing one of these days. Sounds like we were collecting right about the same time frame. I pretty much have every complete set from 1985 to maybe 1992 in the closet at my parents. Around those years, Sam's Club had boxes of Donruss wax packs for like $8. So that's where my lawn mowing disposable income went. Once Upper Deck entered the scene marked the beginning of the end for me as I couldn't keep up on those packs of cards now being $1.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:37 PM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by myselff77:
I need to do the same thing one of these days. Sounds like we were collecting right about the same time frame. I pretty much have every complete set from 1985 to maybe 1992 in the closet at my parents. Around those years, Sam's Club had boxes of Donruss wax packs for like $8. So that's where my lawn mowing disposable income went. Once Upper Deck entered the scene marked the beginning of the end for me as I couldn't keep up on those packs of cards now being $1.
It was must for me. Growing up as a kid and being a collector starting in the junk wax era most of it was just worthless bullshit. Do I really didn't need 18, 1985 Topps Dave Finzer's or a dozen or so Mike Horan's? Hell no. Nothing but kindling for a house fire.

It did suck seeing the prices go up in 1989 with the first set of Upper Deck. And it being Griffey Jr' rookie year just made it all the worse for kids. It only got worse. Now there are boxes with one pack selling for thousands of dollars.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:49 PM 09-02-2022
Juju's 1st photoshopped KC card.

2022 Prestige /75
Attached: IMG_20220902_194235710.jpg (305.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 45 of 56
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up