ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 01:34 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Has anyone done a wellness check on staylor?
I’ve said on multiple occasions that I wasn’t a big fan of the Speaks pick. Sure, I thought he’d make the roster if for no other reason than Clark and Danna are the only DE’s we have under contract for 2021. I definitely thought he’d get a year playing his natural position before they considering moving on, but apparently coming to camp in great shape was’t enough to make up for the bad impression he gave the new staff last year. I’ll eat crow on that, but I never hyped Speaks up to be anything special and am on record saying I thought Jessie Bates should’ve been the pick at the time.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:41 PM 09-07-2020
Speaks didn't even get put on the PS we put a punter on there but not him, that's a pretty serious fuck you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:49 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Speaks didn't even get put on the PS we put a punter on there but not him, that's a pretty serious fuck you.
I said it at the time they did it - putting him on the IR BEFORE cut day last season made it clear what they thought of him. Wait one more day and he could’ve returned that season from an injury with an 8-12 week recovery time.

They said ‘no thanks...’ and put him on the IR a day sooner and took the possibility of a return off the table. They very clearly had no use for him and it was obvious by that decision last season.

If they thought he had any value at all to this club they’d have left him a window to return in 2019. They didn’t.

Speaks sucks. Speaks has always sucked. Any assertions to the contrary have always been blind homerism.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:51 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’ve said on multiple occasions that I wasn’t a big fan of the Speaks pick. Sure, I thought he’d make the roster if for no other reason than Clark and Danna are the only DE’s we have under contract for 2021. I definitely thought he’d get a year playing his natural position before they considering moving on, but apparently coming to camp in great shape was’t enough to make up for the bad impression he gave the new staff last year. I’ll eat crow on that, but I never hyped Speaks up to be anything special and am on record saying I thought Jessie Bates should’ve been the pick at the time.
I'm just giving you shit. I thought he'd make it too.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:52 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I said it at the time they did it - putting him on the IR BEFORE cut day last season made it clear what they thought of him. Wait one more day and he could’ve returned that season from an injury with an 8-12 week recovery time.

They said ‘no thanks...’ and put him on the IR a day sooner and took the possibility of a return off the table. They very clearly had no use for him and it was obvious by that decision last season.

If they thought he had any value at all to this club they’d have left him a window to return in 2019. They didn’t.

Speaks sucks. Speaks has always sucked. Any assertions to the contrary have always been blind homerism.
Also if you want a highly drafted guy that hasn't put it together yet, Taco is far more talented in the comparison.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:53 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

And, yet, Veach saw the need to actually trade up for him. Was he really that worried that some other team was targeting him?
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:01 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
And, yet, Veach saw the need to actually trade up for him. Was he really that worried that some other team was targeting him?
By his words, he thought there was a sharp drop off in pass rush talent, and if the Chiefs wanted to acquire somebody in the draft to help them in that department, it was now or never.

It's clear that he's learned his lesson from the past two drafts he's put together. Not every player will work out, and some of them may fizzle out just as quickly as Speaks did, but I think Veach is confident enough in himself now that if he perceives a particular "need" to fill a hole through the draft, he goes the other way and just trusts his own process in finding solutions elsewhere.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:05 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
By his words, he thought there was a sharp drop off in pass rush talent, and if the Chiefs wanted to acquire somebody in the draft to help them in that department, it was now or never.

It's clear that he's learned his lesson from the past two drafts he's put together. Not every player will work out, and some of them may fizzle out just as quickly as Speaks did, but I think Veach is confident enough in himself now that if he perceives a particular "need" to fill a hole through the draft, he goes the other way and just trusts his own process in finding solutions elsewhere.
Agreed. It just never made sense. To anyone.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:20 PM 09-07-2020
I thought he would be an ok player. I thought the pick signaled that a 4-3 was coming the next season.

I was half right.

It's his own fault.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:56 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

It should be mentioned that Veach said he wasn't a big " metric fan" and relied more on game film after he drafted Speaks.

Then every draft after that one were full of SPARQ heroes on the defensive side of the ball .

Due to Speaks inability to produce has amended Brett's draft philosophy considering accomplishments and athletic potential.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:01 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Agreed. It just never made sense. To anyone.
In the 2018 official CP mock draft, he went with the last pick of the fourth round. We all knew the story.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...light=official
[Reply]
RunKC 10:03 AM 10-02-2020
Tried out for Raiders this week

Today's tryout/visit list includes ...

• The Bears working out RB Lamar Miller.
• The Broncos hosting DT Timmy Jernigan. pic.twitter.com/p3TF3JeVHJ

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) September 30, 2020

[Reply]
thabear04 04:35 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Raiders sign him to the Practice Squad.
[Reply]
In58men 04:45 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Released