ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 56
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 07:30 AM 04-28-2018

this is the mentioned LSU game. He was DOMINANT in this game.
[Reply]
Best22 07:36 AM 04-28-2018
The goal for this draft was to get tougher and meaner in the front 7. A poor run defense prevented us from an AFCCG appearance on 2016. Then Veach and Reid saw KC get pushed around by Tennessee, in Arrowhead, in the playoffs, and said "Never Again."

Speaks is a backup OLB. He will play, and be an important defensive piece. He is already better than old man Hali, and is a much tougher and more physical player than Zombo. Speaks is a big tough guy who isn't gonna get knocked on his ***. Same thing can't be said for Hali or Zombo last year
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:37 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Let’s see what Tanoh looks like before we start freaking out.
Are we all forgetting his beasting against the Broncos week 17? 2 sacks 3 tfl. He can be solid to good given a chance
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:41 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
Are we all forgetting his beasting against the Broncos week 17? 2 sacks 3 tfl. He can be solid to good given a chance
...against their starters. Oh, and they still have the same shitty line this year :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 AM 04-28-2018
I wish there were more game films available. The game vs. MSU in the OP leaves me pretty curious as to what Veach saw in Speaks... seems like he did next to nothing as a pass rusher.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:50 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
The goal for this draft was to get tougher and meaner in the front 7. A poor run defense prevented us from an AFCCG appearance on 2016. Then Veach and Reid saw KC get pushed around by Tennessee, in Arrowhead, in the playoffs, and said "Never Again."
That was definitely true and it's nice to see us try to course correct on draft day.

I guess I should have saw it coming but didn't. I was looking at CB/S and Veach was thinking "if we're a bunch of soft pussies up front it doesn't matter who's covering."

If I noticed anything it looked like Veach thought "I saw what Dorsey did and I don't agree..."
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 07:51 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I wish there were more game films available. The game vs. MSU in the OP leaves me pretty curious as to what Veach saw in Speaks... seems like he did next to nothing as a pass rusher.
Watch him against lsu above. A couple of sacks and completely disruptive
[Reply]
sedated 07:51 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Some of you people are so mind-numbingly stupid I can't even comprehend how you can figure out how to post.

We've made ONE pick. "We still need a corner" ... "our cornerback room still sucks" ... news flash: you can't fix your entire ****ing team with 1 draft pick, and here's a bonus tip for you - drafting for need is what the Cleveland Browns do. Go be a Browns fan. Have fun with that.
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:05 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
Watch him against lsu above. A couple of sacks and completely disruptive
This A&M game is good one too if anybody wants to embed:

https://youtu.be/IMFXPFAH_PY
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:01 AM 04-28-2018

[Reply]
Halfcan 09:28 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Dante84:
He plays pretty violent and relentless
Definitely, this D has not had that Nasty attitude since the 90's. It is about time to build this Defense up to its former glory to stir the Arrowhead crowd up into a frenzy.

Maybe this might free up Houston from so many double teams as well?
[Reply]
oldman 09:38 AM 04-28-2018
I don't see this pick so much as a threat to Kpass, but an upgrade over Zombo and Nicholas. In addition, Ford is in a contract year. I'm not wild about paying a guy with a history of back problems a boatload of cash this year, let alone next year.
[Reply]
Best22 09:47 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by oldman:
I don't see this pick so much as a threat to Kpass, but an upgrade over Zombo and Nicholas. In addition, Ford is in a contract year. I'm not wild about paying a guy with a history of back problems a boatload of cash this year, let alone next year.
Veach said the rotation would be Houston, Ford, and Speaks. It's clear they view Speaks as an upgrade over Kpass, as do I
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:29 AM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Veach said the rotation would be Houston, Ford, and Speaks. It's clear they view Speaks as an upgrade over Kpass, as do I

KPass experiment is over.
Wasted 2nd round pick.

Originally Posted by :

Meet the Chiefs draft pick: Breeland Speaks Review

It’s that wonderful time of the year again. Where we can close our eyes and dream dreams of guys fulfilling their potential to the fullest. Where we can let our imaginations soar and wonder what it would look like if a prospect’s best traits were emphasized and greatest weaknesses... well, vanished.

Yep, it’s draft week. And the Chiefs traded up in the second round to select... something called a Breeland Speaks.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:45 AM 04-28-2018
I’ve watched a couple of Speak’s games now and I’m still struggling to see whatever it is that Veach and his scouts did. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt because history says that when Veach is all in on a guy, it works out. But I really don’t feel great about this one right now.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 56
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up