ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2925 of 3903
« First < 1925242528252875291529212922292329242925 29262927292829292935297530253425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:13 AM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
What we have watched come to light over the last 1-2 weeks really has not fed the doom and gloom narrative and those who found their virtue in being afraid are now getting a bit pissy.

There are actually more "false positives" than we thought or wanted to believe
Testing results are being skewed by various agencies to push a fear based narrative
Tests are too sensitive causing false positives
We don't need people to test unless they show symptoms

I know I am still leaving a few things out
But the cases!!!!
[Reply]
Dayze 09:59 AM 08-30-2020
My wife was just informed of her positive COVID test.

Monday evening I said she sounded like she had a stuffy nose. Then she stayed home from work the rest of the week. Got a COVID test (due to work requirements) on Wednesday I believe. She felt like ass tues through thurs. Friday a little better. Yesterday pretty decent. But has had an on/off slight fever 100.8 since Thursday . So I told her she should go to urgent care today as it might be an infection. As she was sitting in the parking lot waiting , she literally got the results from the earlier test.

So quarantine for 14 days from last Monday. And same with me. They said they treat it as though I’m positive even though I haven’t had a test. But, I’ll be getting one I’m sure early this week due to guidlines at my work. So we’ll see.

Sucks, because the meds she takes for her MS lowers her immunity overall.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:03 AM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
My wife was just informed of her positive COVID test.

Monday evening I said she sounded like she had a stuffy nose. Then she stayed home from work the rest of the week. Got a COVID test (due to work requirements) on Wednesday I believe. She felt like ass tues through thurs. Friday a little better. Yesterday pretty decent. But has had an on/off slight fever 100.8 since Thursday . So I told her she should go to urgent care today as it might be an infection. As she was sitting in the parking lot waiting , she literally got the results from the earlier test.

So quarantine for 14 days from last Monday. And same with me. They said they treat it as though I’m positive even though I haven’t had a test. But, I’ll be getting one I’m sure early this week due to guidlines at my work. So we’ll see.

Sounds like she is at the end of it or at least let's hope so. Hope you don't have it or have no symptoms anyway. If she has had it all week and you aren't showing any signs yet then that's good for you anyway.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:07 AM 08-30-2020
Sounds like she is at the end of it or at least let's hope so. Hope you don't have it or have no symptoms anyway. If she has had it all week and you aren't showing any signs yet then that's good for you anyway.
Yep.

And man,...last December I got diagnosed with a “respitory infection” flu etc. was the most fucked up /put down illness i can ever remember. Could barely breath etc. so I’m almost sure it was COVID and no one really knew it yet. Of course, that’s just by wild ass guess. But I’ve never been that sick in my life.

So far, despite living together , I haven’t had any symptoms. A little. Tiny stuffy nose that’s remedied by Claritin. Took my temp the last day or two, and no fever. So I’m hosting either I didn’t get it, or I somehow have some antibodies of sorts from December, fuck I dunno

Fingers crossed I don’t end up with it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:52 AM 08-30-2020
My mom, my aunt, my sister were all meeting in Denver this week (they just left). They begged me to come. So finally I gave in and drove from LA to Denver (with a few camping stops and seeing my cousin in Jackson Hole) and surprised my mom. She cried, which was nice.

But the rest of the weekend consisted of going to museums, eating at indoor restaurants, riding in cars together and touching everything like it was 2019. All stuff I said I was absolutely not going to do. But of course I should have known was going to happen anyway. I'm not worried about myself so much as all the older people, and my sister, who has an autoimmune disease. I didn't want to be responsible for any extra activities that might put them at risk.

My aunt had a coughing fit yesterday, and my cousin's wife said she had trouble breathing. But she swears it's just normal allergies. She's riding in the car back from Denver to KC right now with my mom and stepdad. Couldn't be a worse situation if my aunt has covid somehow - a 9 hour blast from the back seat. I expressed my concerns about my aunt and this car ride to my mom, and she looked at me like I was from Mars. They seem to have decided covid is over, or it can't happen to them. I really don't know what they're thinking. They're not coronahoax or anti-maskers.

I'm going to be stressed out for a week or so until I know everyone is ok. This shit sucks.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:59 AM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Yep.

And man,...last December I got diagnosed with a “respitory infection” flu etc. was the most ****ed up /put down illness i can ever remember. Could barely breath etc. so I’m almost sure it was COVID and no one really knew it yet. Of course, that’s just by wild ass guess. But I’ve never been that sick in my life.

I believe this Virus was stateside way before January. Probably before the first of Nov
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:04 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I believe this Virus was stateside way before January. Probably before the first of Nov
Both my daughter and my brother-in-law had "unknown viral infections" right after the holidays that in hindsight appear they could have been COVID.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:21 PM 08-30-2020
Wrong. Dayze's wife will literally have permanent, debilitating conditions and never ever return to any normalcy.
[Reply]
TLO 02:36 PM 08-30-2020
Looks like all the action is in DC today. That 6% number has everyone fired up.
[Reply]
TLO 02:52 PM 08-30-2020
FDA leader says agency could consider authorization for Covid-19 vaccine before Phase 3 trials are complete, Financial Times reports

(CNN)In an interview with the Financial Times, US Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn said the agency could consider emergency use authorization or approval for a Covid-19 vaccine before Phase 3 trials are complete.

"It is up to the sponsor [vaccine developer] to apply for authorisation or approval, and we make an adjudication of their application," Hahn told the Financial Times. "If they do that before the end of Phase Three, we may find that appropriate. We may find that inappropriate, we will make a determination."

Hahn noted that an EUA is not the same as FDA approval.

"Our emergency use authorisation is not the same as a full approval," he said. "The legal, medical and scientific standard for that is that the benefit outweighs the risk in a public health emergency."
Hahn said the vaccine decision would be based on data, not politics.

"We have a convergence of the Covid-19 pandemic with the political season, and we're just going to have to get through that and stick to our core principles," he told the Financial Times. "This is going to be a science, medicine, data decision. This is not going to be a political decision."

CNN has reached out to FDA for comment.

This isn't the first time US officials have discussed authorization for a Covid-19 vaccine before large-scale trials are complete.

During a July 30 meeting inside Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows raised the possibility of an emergency use authorization for a vaccine before Phase 3 trials were completed. The Financial Times first reported the details of the meeting.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:58 PM 08-30-2020
Carl Heneghan
@carlheneghan
·

Yep, it’s in our review on live culture vs PCR here https://medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/....04.20167932v2 ‘ ‘Infectivity appears to decline after about a week of viral shedding around the cycle threshold value of 24.’
[Reply]
petegz28 03:09 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Carl Heneghan
@carlheneghan
·

Yep, it’s in our review on live culture vs PCR here https://medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/....04.20167932v2 ‘ ‘Infectivity appears to decline after about a week of viral shedding around the cycle threshold value of 24.’
English.....
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:17 PM 08-30-2020
English.....
This is in reference to the calibration of the PCR tests or amount of cycles. Carl Heneghan is saying that the PCR test should be stopped around 24 cycles.

Currently they go 37 or 40 cycles. This will make the tests more meaningful and also reduce the amount of cases that shouldn't be considered infections.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:24 PM 08-30-2020
Moar fearmongering

Coronavirus was discovered in the bathroom of an unoccupied apartment in China, suggesting the airborne pathogen may have wafted upwards through drain pipes https://t.co/xx2ZpHHwWt

— Bloomberg (@business) August 30, 2020

[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 04:31 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Moar fearmongering

I thought wafting was reserved for smells emanating from whore houses and college frats
[Reply]
Page 2925 of 3903
« First < 1925242528252875291529212922292329242925 29262927292829292935297530253425 > Last »
Up