ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 72
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Mecca 10:08 AM 01-17-2021
Guys apparently changed their minds, Eberflus turned down the Texans, then yesterday interviewed with them.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:13 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Has there ever been a Patriots way GM that didn't run the Perkins-Erhardt offense? Legit question, because I'm not sure.

I mean it seems like EVERY SINGLE Patriots offshoot just attempts to clone everything Bill Belichick does.

Bienemy's a Reid WC guy.

What did the Falcons run with Dimitroff? To give him credit, he did tend to stray from Patriot bullshit more than some others.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:37 AM 01-17-2021
Philly might be an awesome spot for bieniemy. System continuity from pederson. And its a real good gamble for Philly. Philly has a heavy rebuild ahead. At best, bieniemy has a chip on his shoulder and does a great job. At worst, Philly has a scapegoat. Bieniemy on the other hand has the upside of working for a stable sports town and the excuse of a rebuild if things don't work out.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:59 PM 01-17-2021
Lions and Chargers just hired new coaches. Only a couple jobs left
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:00 AM 01-18-2021

The NFL has granted clubs permission to conduct virtual interviews this week with head-coaching candidates who are still in the playoffs, provided the employer club consents, per source. Notable for the likes of Eric Bieniemy and Todd Bowles, who interviews with the #Eagles today

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 18, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:28 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What did the Falcons run with Dimitroff? To give him credit, he did tend to stray from Patriot bullshit more than some others.
Mike Mularkey, their first OC under Dimitroff/Smith ran the EP.

After that, the Falcons ran the typical WCO under Dirk Koetter, Kyle Shanahan, Steve Sarkissian and Greg Knapp.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:31 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Philly might be an awesome spot for bieniemy. System continuity from pederson. And its a real good gamble for Philly. Philly has a heavy rebuild ahead. At best, bieniemy has a chip on his shoulder and does a great job. At worst, Philly has a scapegoat. Bieniemy on the other hand has the upside of working for a stable sports town and the excuse of a rebuild if things don't work out.
I'd stay away from the Philly and Houston situations if I was an HC prospect.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:06 PM 01-18-2021
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/18/mm...ers-buccaneers

This sucks for Eric Bieniemy. It really does. I’m told he’s gone the extra mile this year to answer all questions in his interviews—and has been very upfront on stuff in his background that’s been problematic for teams.

And it’s too bad his shot hasn’t come as quickly as shots did for his predecessors in Kansas City, Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy. But it’s not like this is unprecedented. Mike Zimmer waited forever for his shot. So did Tony Dungy. And Saints OC Pete Carmichael is a good example of a coach who hasn’t gotten a chance with a lot of the same marks on his resume that Bieniemy has. Carmichael coached a future Hall of Fame quarterback through a mountain of statistical production and personal growth. He also works alongside a legendary play-calling coach.

Bieniemy’s a really good guy, in my experience around him. He’s well-liked in the building in K.C. I hope his time comes. It seems to me like the match for him hasn’t come along like it did for those other guys. And I’m really not sure there’s a ton more to it than that.

The good news is that being with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes should have a way of protecting his stock, so he won’t suddenly fall off the radar in a year or two.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:46 PM 01-18-2021

#Seahawks have spoken to former #Jets head coach Adam Gase about the offensive coordinator opening, per source, and they intend to speak to #Chiefs QBs coach Mike Kafka at some point. Seattle casting wide net to get some new ideas for Russell Wilson and co.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) January 18, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 02:57 PM 01-18-2021
Bieniemy's agent on twitter.

On MLK Day...the
@NFL
should be ashamed that...at this point with only 2 jobs remaining (one after Eagles hire JM) ... zero black coach hires or even 2nd interviews. No coaches coaching in conference championship games are currently connected to either of these 2 jobs.

I don't really think your agent throwing that is helpful.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:03 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:

On MLK Day...the
@NFL
should be ashamed that...at this point with only 2 jobs remaining (one after Eagles hire JM) ... zero black coach hires or even 2nd interviews. No coaches coaching in conference championship games are currently connected to either of these 2 jobs.

Like I said in the other thread, 2 new black GM’s and a minority HC, but that’s not relevant because it doesn’t fit the narrative and nobody gives a shit about other minorities.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:06 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:

On MLK Day...the
@NFL

Saleh was hired by the Jets (first Muslim American HC in the NFL as well), Detroit hired a minority GM... EB's agent makes not mention of those hires.

The inconvenient reality for people who are trying to make a movement out of EB's cause is the fact he may just not be a good candidate in terms of how he interviews, etc.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:22 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
How pissed do you think Jamal Adams is going to be if Gase gets hired?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:27 PM 01-18-2021
People think it's going to be mike singleterry 2.0
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:26 PM 01-18-2021
FWIW

Per source: #Texans have zeroed in on Eric Bieniemy as their next head coach, there is one issue currently being negotiated

Eric wants partial roster control

Things are fluid but we are getting closer

— Just Some Dude (@HoustonFBpodguy) January 18, 2021

[Reply]
Page 42 of 72
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up