ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 923 of 2693
« First < 423823873913919920921922923 924925926927933973102314231923 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:43 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Re: Baby Lee

I think the main point that gets confused, lost, whatever when it comes to your views and others is that yes, no one QB can win it all alone. Not even close. You need a good to great team to win a Super Bowl.

However, I do think that if all other facets of a team are equal, you have a much better chance to win a championship with Mahomes at QB than say Smith, or any other game manager type of quarterback. Especially if your defense is just middle of the road.

So whereas you may feel like the defense needs to be top flight regardless of the QB in order to win a SB, period.... I believe that may not be the case with Mahomes. Kid just may need to get hot in January with the defense playing just good enough to keep up.
And that's what most people, not all, have been saying for years. The qb needs help. But your qb better also have the ability to take risks in the playoffs and pull them off. You can't check to the river in the playoffs.

We did well in the first half but as the second half of playoff games go on you need to fit it into tight windows. Yes you need your defense to play well on top of that.

Problem with being conservative is that you need the other team to then lose the game. Hard to find those teams in the playoffs. We found one in Houston and we won. The colts, Titans, and Steelers were not interested in handing us one. They went out and took the game from us.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:49 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Re: Baby Lee

I think the main point that gets confused, lost, whatever when it comes to your views and others is that yes, no one QB can win it all alone. Not even close. You need a good to great team to win a Super Bowl.

However, I do think that if all other facets of a team are equal, you have a much better chance to win a championship with Mahomes at QB than say Smith, or any other game manager type of quarterback. Especially if your defense is just middle of the road.

So whereas you may feel like the defense needs to be top flight regardless of the QB in order to win a SB, period.... I believe that may not be the case with Mahomes. Kid just may need to get hot in January with the defense playing just good enough to keep up.
Not 'lost' I'm well aware that you're on the Rodgers paradigm. I'm more cognizant that even Manning and Brady fell short when the defense wasn't there, or even go back to 0-4 in SBs Elway when he didn't have a complete team.

Even in today's NFL, high flying offenses whose defenses wilted short of the SB far far outweigh just about any other team concept in the playoffs.

And whatever level of defense and running Mahomes will need, it's a pretty good bet he'll need more than the Chiefs have had in 20 straight years. You may think Mahomes will be just enough to overcome giving up 28-35 in the 2nd half of a playoff game, but history isn't with you.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:52 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think the Chiefs take a step back because the team isn't solid. Nothing to do with Mahomes.

I try to explain 9 ways to Sunday, but people are convinced I love Alex and hate Mahomes. But I never said anything but that Alex was 'good enough' to win with a solid team. So I differed with people who thought that Alex was our sole problem. Leaving Alex completely out of the equation, we've consistently had a shaky team that could paste together a few runs of competent play, but maddeningly decimated themselves come playoff time year after year.

I've always been on board with Mahomes, earlier than most of his staunchest supporters. But I try to keep my eye on the prize, because nobody has ever been good enough to win it by themselves. Which means if we want success with Mahomes on the team we presently have, we're hoping for something greater from him than has even existed. And that's not fair to him.

I have been reticent to comment on the team development since Dorsey-->Veach and Smith--> Mahomes, but the 2ndary needs to gel quickly. Houston and Berry need to earn their $$$, and the o-line needs to start protecting like they're professionals earning a paycheck, or it's going to be a long mediocre season punctuated with the occasional wow pass play in meaningless games.

All that said, it's still the preseason, which means most of the data we have is meaningless. Our goal is to make it through the preseason healthy. We've managed that relatively well on the field. We've had worse luck in practice, and in getting previously injured players back to full strength.
With all the hand wringing about the defense I belive its better than last seasons.

I think DL will be better and I think LB will be better and safety should be better.

Fuller isn't Peters but he isn't a JAG.

Yea there WILL be some secondary struggles but there were last year.

Fuller + Berry > than Peters and no Berry IMO. Obviously Berry need to be healthy.

Lots of IF's involved for sure but If they work out we are better than last season on defense and we will be better at QB when it counts most.

I read somewhere we have played 1 snap of defense in the dime package with the starters in preseason which was something like 60% of our defensive formations last season. They arent working on anything in preseason other than sub group evaluation it sounds like. That doesn't defend the guys missing assignments but they may be doing shit different than what they have been practicing.

:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:54 PM 08-27-2018
I think the Chiefs take a step back because the team isn't solid. Nothing to do with Mahomes.

I try to explain 9 ways to Sunday, but people are convinced I love Alex and hate Mahomes. But I never said anything but that Alex was 'good enough' to win with a solid team. So I differed with people who thought that Alex was our sole problem. Leaving Alex completely out of the equation, we've consistently had a shaky team that could paste together a few runs of competent play, but maddeningly decimated themselves come playoff time year after year.

I've always been on board with Mahomes, earlier than most of his staunchest supporters. But I try to keep my eye on the prize, because nobody has ever been good enough to win it by themselves. Which means if we want success with Mahomes on the team we presently have, we're hoping for something greater from him than has even existed. And that's not fair to him.

I have been reticent to comment on the team development since Dorsey-->Veach and Smith--> Mahomes, but the 2ndary needs to gel quickly. Houston and Berry need to earn their $$$, and the o-line needs to start protecting like they're professionals earning a paycheck, or it's going to be a long mediocre season punctuated with the occasional wow pass play in meaningless games.

All that said, it's still the preseason, which means most of the data we have is meaningless. Our goal is to make it through the preseason healthy. We've managed that relatively well on the field. We've had worse luck in practice, and in getting previously injured players back to full strength.
how do you figure? Most were on board as soon as the pick was in.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:54 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
With all the hand wringing about the defense I belive its better than last seasons.
We can hope. Time will tell.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:56 PM 08-27-2018
You may think Mahomes will be just enough to overcome giving up 28-35 in the 2nd half of a playoff game, but history isn't with you.
Alex Smith failed to put up even 24 goddamn points in the playoffs three consecutive times as a Chief.

We scored 20, 16 and 21 in a league where the average points per game for a team is 21.7.

You are being obtuse.
[Reply]
Pants 08:57 PM 08-27-2018
Yes. Pat throws bullets on time and hits his receivers in stride. These sorts of things were rare for AS11.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:57 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
how do you figure? Most were on board as soon as the pick was in.
Most isn't all, and I was coveting the chance to get him before the trade went down. I was immediately ecstatic at what they pulled off to get him.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:52 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Did anyone hear Brian Baldinger on NFL Total Access tonight? About 40 minutes in he broke down Mahomes & said he loves everything the kid does. It's about 2-3 minutes of pure love.

"That type of talent is rare"
Baldy is in love. Of course, those plays by mahomes were damn sexy.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:35 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mahomes gonna be on the Herd tomorrow
Bonerific. People bitch about Cowherd, but he does a great interview. And given how much he talks about the kid, I think I would label him a Mahomo who hasn't yet come out of the closet.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:41 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Bonerific. People bitch about Cowherd, but he does a great interview. And given how much he talks about the kid, I think I would label him a Mahomo who hasn't yet come out of the closet.
Agreed. He tends to ask the questions you are hoping he will.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:28 PM 08-27-2018
I hope you guys have your shitting pants on...because you are about to SHIT YOUR PANTS.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:10 AM 08-28-2018
"fuck it guys, just keep running" :-)

As a former receiver, I really like this.@PatrickMahomes5 tells his receivers before they break the huddle: "Always Keep Running." @KCTV5 pic.twitter.com/biUXE9UX0G

— Dani Welniak (@KCTVDani) August 28, 2018

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:27 AM 08-28-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
"fuck it guys, just keep running" :-)

Fuck it, I'm throwing deep.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:03 AM 08-28-2018
PM was on Golic and Wingo this morning. Podcast is here: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=24502138&s=espn

Interview starts around the 4:30 mark

Not a bad interview, except for the fact that Mahomes, Mayfield and Webb were never on the team together. Glad to hear Mahomes correct them in a respectful way
[Reply]
Page 923 of 2693
« First < 423823873913919920921922923 924925926927933973102314231923 > Last »
Up