ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 172
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Gonzo 05:50 AM 03-24-2015
It's pretty rare for me to get so immersed into a story that I actually get pissed off that it ends so soon. This show does that almost every week. Yesterday's episode wasn't all that action packed but the story is so good that I just get lost in it.
I'm really curious as to how this lawsuit gets derailed. It's also looking fairly likely that we're going to see Mr. Fring here pretty quick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:35 AM 03-24-2015
Is this only one season as of now? Have multiple seasons been discussed or confirmed yet?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:46 AM 03-24-2015
http://bit.ly/1y1sXKJ
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:48 AM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
http://bit.ly/1y1sXKJ
Dick. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:55 AM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
Is this only one season as of now? Have multiple seasons been discussed or confirmed yet?
Season two has been confirmed as having 13 episodes instead of this year's 10 in 2016.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:17 AM 03-24-2015
Only 2 EPS LEFT?!?!?!?

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
notorious 01:51 PM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by Buck:
God damn this show is great.

I fear for what will happen to Jimmy in the next episode. I don't think using Chuck's printer code was very smart.
I am guessing HHM is going to use that to get the fees associated with the case.

Saul is going to make money, but not great money. This office in BB is proof.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
I am guessing HHM is going to use that to get the fees associated with the case.

Saul is going to make money, but not great money. This office in BB is proof.
I've never watched BB - is Chuck in it at all?

If no, my guess is that somewhere during the pendency of the case, Chuck dies and Hamlin takes over as lead counsel thus forcing Jimmy off the case.

The whole 'prequel' side of this is a little unsettling because you see that Jimmy's really a pretty decent guy with a bit of a shyster streak to him and in the end, absolutely none of this is going to end well for him.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:55 PM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

If no, my guess is that somewhere during the pendency of the case, Chuck dies and Hamlin takes over as lead counsel thus forcing Jimmy off the case.

The whole 'prequel' side of this is a little unsettling because you see that Jimmy's really a pretty decent guy with a bit of a shyster streak to him and in the end, absolutely none of this is going to end well for him.
How can you say that? He ends up managing a Cinnabon which means all the free cinnamon roles you can eat.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:00 PM 03-24-2015
I think it's far more likely that Chuck ends up institutionalized than dead. The ending of the episode this week further drove home the psychosomatic nature of his illness, and since he knows he was fine before Jimmy said something to him, it's likely that it will further reinforce the inconsistency of his illness to himself, lumping self-doubt on top of psychosis.

Also, using his printing code will likely be used as an excuse from cashing Chuck out, as HHM can say that he was capable of working, as evidenced by the code usage. Thus their pittance of a pay-off will be seen as justifiable because Chuck "could" work, but chose not to.

So, Chuck ends up 1) institutionalized and 2) without any remuneration from the firm he built.

On top of that, Jimmy will lose the right to use his name, as foreshadowed earlier this season, and based on what he's seen, there's not really much of a reason not to become a criminal lawyer, because where does being upstanding get you?
[Reply]
notorious 04:18 PM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I think that HHM see's that Chuck is working on the case by using his code.

Therefore, they can bill for it, screwing over McGill.
[Reply]
notorious 04:19 PM 03-24-2015
It looks like Hamas beat me to it.

Good work.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:58 PM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
I think that HHM see's that Chuck is working on the case by using his code.

Therefore, they can bill for it, screwing over McGill.
Yup. Jimmy is screwed. Kim will side with HHM, and Saul will be born at this season's conclusion.

Hope Saul finds a way to screw over HHM hard next year.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 08:37 PM 03-24-2015
There's definitely a problem with the timeline on this show and with BB. This show is set sometime in the mid to late 90's and BB in the late 00's however Mike's granddaughter is basically the same age. Sucks, but I guess there was no way around it.

Edit: I see now that BCS takes place in 2002, 6 years before Breaking Bad which closes the gap a bit but still can't hide the fact that she hadn't really aged at all. They should've made her an infant in BCS
[Reply]
notorious 03-24-2015, 09:01 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Molitoth 10:02 PM 03-24-2015
Finally caught up. This show is freaking awesome. Far exceeding my expectations.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 172
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up