ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2574 of 2693
« First < 1574207424742524256425702571257225732574 2575257625772578258426242674 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:36 PM 12-05-2023
Pat also missed some reads against the Raiders as Kurt Warner pointed out last week. He's got to be examining the tape and making mental notes for sure. Can't afford to let opportunities like that slip away.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:25 AM 12-06-2023
At the risk of being a Debbie Downer, what if the injury to Patrick has changed how he plays?

Just using CEH as an example; after his injury, he is not the same player. As much as we want to make Patrick a superman, he is still just a man and has a lot other than football to think about.

He doesn't seem to play with the same recklessness and carefree attitude as before. Yes, some of this is due to the WR group however when was the last time we saw a no-look pass? He seems to be overthinking everything, afraid to make a mistake which makes him robotic and not the Patrick we are used to seeing.

It just doesn't look like he's having fun out there and this IS a game, so shouldn't the players be having fun?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
At the risk of being a Debbie Downer, what if the injury to Patrick has changed how he plays?

Just using CEH as an example; after his injury, he is not the same player. As much as we want to make Patrick a superman, he is still just a man and has a lot other than football to think about.

He doesn't seem to play with the same recklessness and carefree attitude as before. Yes, some of this is due to the WR group however when was the last time we saw a no-look pass? He seems to be overthinking everything, afraid to make a mistake which makes him robotic and not the Patrick we are used to seeing.

It just doesn't look like he's having fun out there and this IS a game, so shouldn't the players be having fun?
Dude had his knee on sideways - came back like it was nothing.

Why would an ankle sprain that he fought through to win a championship be different?

Now maybe it's family or a change in priorities as he's matured. Maybe he's just having a year where his focus is adrift a bit. Or maybe he's trying to transition as he ages and this is a year where he's finding himself.

But injury? Nah - I'm not seeing it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:30 AM 12-06-2023
Let's not discount the fact that we have a new OC (sort of), new tackles, and a completely retooled WR room. I remember when some were crushing Spags before they got right. I had hoped they would have figured it out by now, but we're still dancing even for the #1 seed.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:30 AM 12-06-2023
Doesn't trust the WR's outside of Rice, and for good reason.

He looks the same when throwing to Kelce and Rashee. Everyone else is not the same.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:30 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:

I don't think that's it, but sometimes I do wonder if he's been over-coached a bit.
You want him to take what the defense will give him, but you're also walking a REALLy fine line between making him efficent and nuetering his best qualities. I mean that killer instinct and going for the jugular is what made him Patrick Mahomes and separated him from scrubs like Alex Smith.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:30 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Why would an ankle sprain that he fought through to win a championship be different?

Now maybe it's family or a change in priorities as he's matured. Maybe he's just having a year where his focus is adrift a bit. Or maybe he's trying to transition as he ages and this is a year where he's finding himself.

Me either; it was just a random thought of what has happened. He does seem to have regressed this year and perhaps it's just what happens. It's got to be difficult to maintain the same drive and competitiveness through everything that is going on.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:30 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I've wondered if there's something going on with the arm/shoulder/elbow.

Dude doesn't seem to have the deep ball cannon, he's actually underthrown a lot of deep shots in the last two years.

This is a guy that used to airmail Tyreek fucking Hill.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:36 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:

Dude doesn't seem to have the deep ball cannon, he's actually underthrown a lot of deep shots in the last two years.

This is a guy that used to airmail Tyreek ****ing Hill.
I have wondered about this too. It doesn't seem like he has quite the zip this year, but I'm not sure if that is timidity or something else
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:38 AM 12-06-2023

This is a guy that used to airmail Tyreek fucking Hill.
Those airmails might have him second guessing.

I've been wondering if it was the birth of his son. Add in the pressure of not failing this time for back to back championships and the troubles the offense has been having. Patrick is the guy who would put all of that on himself.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:39 AM 12-06-2023
i can't believe anyone is questioning mahomes arm :-)

did he underthrow MVS on the last two deep shots? no to both, in fact those were two extremely well thrown balls

sit this one out
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:42 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i can't believe anyone is questioning mahomes arm :-)

did he underthrow MVS on the last two deep shots? no to both, in fact those were two extremely well thrown balls

sit this one out
Cool, we'll ignore 2 years of deep underthrows because his last two have been fine, and you posted a gif of a 30 yard throw.

If you haven't noticed he's underthrown a lot of deep shots in the last two years, you're not watching the games.

Maybe it's his arm, maybe it's footwork, maybe inaccuracy - but it's been there for two years.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 AM 12-06-2023
Cool, we'll ignore 2 years of deep underthrows because his last two have been fine, and you posted a gif of a 30 yard throw.
you're gonna have to show your work, because i sure as hell don't remember them

i remember some OVERthrows, particuarly last year to MVS

PS - that's a 40-yard throw, as the crow flies, on a bullet

this one is 45

his arm is fine, just stop

[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:45 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Let's not discount the fact that we have a new OC (sort of), new tackles, and a completely retooled WR room. I remember when some were crushing Spags before they got right. I had hoped they would have figured it out by now, but we're still dancing even for the #1 seed.
Also, Mahomes. Kelce and Jones have played in half a season more games than most in the league the last 4 years. For 3 of the 4 they played in 20 games and the other 19 games.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 12-06-2023
You wanna underthrow deep balls.

When guys are wide open deep, you don't wanna over throw it. That's the worst thing you can do. Go back and listen to him talk about the MVS one vs the Eagles. He put a bit too much on it.
[Reply]
Page 2574 of 2693
« First < 1574207424742524256425702571257225732574 2575257625772578258426242674 > Last »
Up