ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
luv 08:11 AM 03-02-2020
His wife posted the news on his Facebook a little earlier this morning. I know that he will be missed by many on here, especially the foodies.

FMB was one of the first people to really welcome me on here when I first joined and started posting regularly. I never met him in person, but he was one great guy and a fellow grammar Nazi. :-)

I'm sure his wife would appreciate any thoughts or prayers.

RIP, Fire Me Boy!

PART OF OBITUARY THAT LEAVES OUT PEOPLE'S NAMES AND CHANGES HIS TO FMB:

FMB, 41, died suddenly Monday morning, March 2, 2020, at his home of an apparent heart attack. [PERSONAL INFO]
[EARLIER EDUCATION] He attended then-Central Methodist College before transferring to then-Central Missouri State University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in broadcast and film, with a minor in vocal music.
[WORK HISTORY] He continued to work there until becoming disabled last summer.
He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet. FMB also was a photographer.[LIST WIFE OF 17 YEARS AND OTHER SURVIVORS]
[SERVICE INFO]
Memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation.
[Reply]
Sorce 08:14 AM 03-07-2020
I decided to buy a rec tec because of his feedback. I post a lot in the food threads which he was a huge part of. He will be missed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bowser 11:19 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Crikey! He seemed way too young for a heart attack. What an awful unexpected reason for him to die.
He had so much medical shit going on. Lord knows what kinds and how many medications he was dealing with. His body might have just given out.

Still miss his posts. Can't imagine he wasn't as good of a dude IRL as he was on here.
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:15 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Miles:
Bit random but I’d just remembered I have a Japanese Shun chefs knife specifically due to his recommendation and changed everything about how I thought of knives in the kitchen. Imagine many were similarly influenced from his love of cooking like other examples brought up earlier in this thread.
I would have never spent a hundred dollars on a kitchen knife before reading his posts, but did on a Global.

Also, I use his recommendation for falling asleep more nights than I don't by counting backwards from 100 by threes. He said he would usually be out by the time he got to the 60s. Not sure what thread it was in.

I also remember him passionately standing up for artists rights against pirating their music/video.

We had some good discussion on wine and he liked one of my recommendations.
[Reply]
threebag 12:43 PM 03-07-2020
Tim was good people. The Cast Iron Jedi will be missed. Good thing he left us some tricks and recipes that have been spot on. RIP
[Reply]
Pablo 01:45 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Tim was good people. The Cast Iron Jedi will be missed. Good thing he left us some tricks and recipes that have been spot on. RIP
Absolutely. I know more than one thing I learned from him that I'll use the rest of my life and teach my son as well.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:15 PM 03-07-2020
It was his worship of cast iron that influenced us to try it for steaks when the weather wasn't conducive to grilling. The Mrs went out and bought a pan, followed his advice for seasoning and the technique for cooking them. I was flat out amazed at the results. They were so damn good I'm not sure why I even bother grilling them at all anymore. And from here on out, I'll probably think about him every time i see that pan. Dude knew his shit.
[Reply]
44yearsandcounting 05:46 PM 03-07-2020
I don’t catch every thread, and am not familiar with the guy, but just reading thru this one restores balance to the universe. Guy sounds like a righteous dude. Good to see CP come together.
[Reply]
seclark 11:14 AM 03-08-2020
Originally Posted by 44yearsandcounting:
I don’t catch every thread, and am not familiar with the guy, but just reading thru this one restores balance to the universe. Guy sounds like a righteous dude. Good to see CP come together.
Fmb could describe cooking a dog turd and make my mouth water
sec
[Reply]
lewdog 12:01 PM 03-08-2020
2 things he taught me that changed my cooking.

1. Cast iron is king. Steaks, burgers, pork chops, chicken. It’s all way better on the cast iron. Amazingly different. Even bought another cast iron to allow for making smashed burger patties with that crispy crust. That was all him.

2. I’ll never cook a steak or pork chops unless I have 24 hours for it to sit salted and peppered in the fridge. That’s creates an amazing seal and much juicier cuts when eaten. That was a game changer when he discussed that technique.
[Reply]
lostcause 03:35 PM 03-08-2020
rip
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:19 PM 03-08-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
2 things he taught me that changed my cooking.

1. Cast iron is king. Steaks, burgers, pork chops, chicken. It’s all way better on the cast iron. Amazingly different. Even bought another cast iron to allow for making smashed burger patties with that crispy crust. That was all him.

2. I’ll never cook a steak or pork chops unless I have 24 hours for it to sit salted and peppered in the fridge. That’s creates an amazing seal and much juicier cuts when eaten. That was a game changer when he discussed that technique.
There was a time when you and I joked about road tripping so he could feed us. I wish we would have done it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:46 AM 03-09-2020
The guy honestly should've been receiving kickbacks from all the products he recommended over the years. I'm on my 2nd Thermapen from a link he posted and I usually gift one over the holidays each year as well.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:48 AM 03-09-2020
41 wow. Way way too young. Glad he got to see Mahomes magic. RIP.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:54 PM 03-09-2020
:-)
[Reply]
Inspector 11:14 PM 03-09-2020
Learned a few things about cooking with cast iron. He was a good guy.

R.I.P. Mr. FMB.

Waaaayy too young. He was younger than 4 of my 5 sons.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Up