Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This might be the worst defense I’ve ever seen
bobbything 09:26 PM 10-14-2018
Ever.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:31 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Eric Berry will help us a ton when he gets back (yes he’ll be back).
Agreed.

Im optimistic about Berry. I think he WILL be the Berry we remember.

That Achilles is getting more time to heal after surgery too.

And if somehow, some way they're able to trade for Patrick Peterson....though ILB is the real issue with this defense.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:31 AM 10-15-2018
At least in 2003, they waited until November and December to get absolutely gashed for huge plays continuously. This team is ahead of the curve!
:-)
[Reply]
dynamicHDR 10:31 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
The deal is nobody is crying on this end. KC hung 40 on you in your house. (Again) This year's New England team is VERY beatable. Just ask Detroit. :-)
KC's team isn't just beatable, but beaten. Just ask New England.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:38 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by dynamicHDR:
Time to ban this pos troll!
[Reply]
mcaj22 10:39 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe I'm the outlier in that I sit and watch about every game on Sunday, but with how people talk about defenses here I wonder if people only watch the Chiefs.

The Chiefs d isn't good. Not arguable.

But there aren't really good D's anymore. Even "good" defenses get lit up by good offenses.
Ravens defense just had 11 sacks in one game. And pitched a shutout. Chiefs will be lucky to have 11 sacks all year.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:40 AM 10-15-2018
The Chiefs defense has allowed more than 500 yards in 3 of their 6 games.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:40 AM 10-15-2018
The only one that mattered was that NE would win.

I'm here to soak up your salty and delicious tears.
Those tears are from us laughing at you so hard, mouth breather.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:40 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Ravens defense just had 11 sacks in one game. And pitched a shutout. Chiefs will be lucky to have 11 sacks all year.
Chiefs have 17 sacks.
[Reply]
TEX 10:41 AM 10-15-2018
Wrong. KC has played 4 road games. Won 3 and lost 1 in the last seconds. NE has played only TWO road games and got CRUSHED in both. They haven't even been competitive on the road. I bet the Bears hand it to you on the road this week. Gotta win on the road, as well as home, to host the AFCCG. New England is not a shoe-in this season despite playing in a craptastic division.
[Reply]
bobbything 10:43 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
In 2003 we were giving up wide open touchdown passes shortly after our offense scored, we certainly weren’t giving our offense opportunities to build leads. Opposing teams are putting up numbers because they’re gashing us underneath and trying to play catch-up. Our current defense is shit but they have given us small windows of opportunity for our offense to build leads.
True, but the first part of your statement isn't really accurate. The 03 defense forced a lot of turnovers, especially early in the season, which gave the offense extra possessions and they capitalized on them. They did that during their 9-0 run. But, it eventually caught up with them as the defense forced fewer and fewer TOs as the season went on.

We may be splitting hairs but I remember that 2003 season like it was yesterday. The one advantage that 2003 defense had was its ability to force turnovers. This defense...I just don't see anything other than an okay pass rush (so long as Houston is in there). Guys are always wide open and our vulnerability to the run is glaring. I mean, they forced zero punts last night and gave up 500 yards of offense, along with 43 points. They got to Brady three times all night. Three times. They are the first team in NFL history to give up 500 yards three different times during the first 6 weeks of the season.

Unless we play a completely inept offense (see: Jacksonville) then I have zero faith in this team come playoff time. We should get a top 2 seed because, other than the Rams, Chargers, and I suppose Baltimore, I think we can basically outscore everyone else. But this has the feeling of 2003 all over again. A good offensive teams rolls into Arrowhead in the playoffs and our defense cannot get off the field. We'll have a turnover or a bad call and we'll be playing catchup the entire game.
[Reply]
TEX 10:46 AM 10-15-2018
Ok. Can I also ask them how come they always get beaten on the road this season? Or can I just ask Detroit and JVille how easy it was?
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:12 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Ok. Can I also ask them how come they always get beaten on the road this season? Or can I just ask Detroit and JVille how easy it was?
Can I ask you about Lewdog's baseballs?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:15 AM 10-15-2018
No it is not. We have had worse Defenses here in KC.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:19 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
For the record this defense is nowhere near as awful as the 2003 defense.
By every measurable metric, this defense is far worse than 2003...I did not believe it was possible...but here we are.
[Reply]
bobbything 11:21 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
No it is not. We have had worse Defenses here in KC.
02 and 04 might have been worse. Maybe an argument could be made. 2008 is probably the only clear cut winner. So, I suppose you're right. I'll say, definitively, there has been 1 defense worse than this one in the last 30 years.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up