ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 299 of 1209
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349399799 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buzz 05:16 PM 10-01-2016
Well, I never grew up having chicken and noodles, it was one of the few things the wife could cook so I just followed her lead. It is a lot of starch with potatoes but we don't do a heaping mound in the bottom of the bowl.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:25 PM 10-01-2016
Rolled up to Wisconsin today to grab some of their beers that we don't get down here. A must stop is Tenuta's Deli in Kenosha. KC folks can imagine Red X meets Little Italy. Wooden Indian statues, cigars, incredible liquor selection, 300lb log of provolone, pinky rings. Anyway, they have my favorite hot giardiniera (pickled veg). Going to try their sauce for the first time tonight on some spaghetti.

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:32 PM 10-01-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I save the backs and carcass and freeze them. Then make giant batches of stock and freeze.
I've never actually made stock, but it seems like a relatively straight forward process, just throw some bones in water and boil them for a while correct?

How much stock would just one carcass make? How much water for just one carcass?

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. My mom did the same thing. But I've had them recently and figured out I don't eat like that anymore. I used to ****ing crush them. But they're too heavy for me now.
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Well, I never grew up having chicken and noodles, it was one of the few things the wife could cook so I just followed her lead. It is a lot of starch with potatoes but we don't do a heaping mound in the bottom of the bowl.
I love them over mash, its an awesome gutload for a cold day
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:43 PM 10-01-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I've never actually made stock, but it seems like a relatively straight forward process, just throw some bones in water and boil them for a while correct?

How much stock would just one carcass make? How much water for just one carcass?

I wouldn't bother with just one carcass. I usually wait till I have at least 3-4. One carcass, probably a quart or so of stock. I use it all the time, so I don't really want to waste the time and energy unless I'm "stocking" up.

If you have a pressure cooker, it's super fast.

Otherwise, I brown the carcasses in the oven with a quartered unpeeled onion, a couple carrots, and a couple sticks of celery. All goes in the pot, cover with a gallon to 1.5 gallons of water, throw in some thyme, parsley, and a couple bay leaves. Some peppercorns if you like. Bring to a boil, then drop to a very low simmer (barely a bubble) and cook for 6-8 hours. Sometimes I'll finish with a big spoon of tomato paste to deepen the color.

If you prefer a lighter colored, lighter flavored stock, don't brown anything and skip the tomato paste.

This is unseasoned stock, so if you want, add salt. I prefer to leave it unseasoned, so I can adjust for whatever I'm cooking.

Double strain, then cool, and refrigerate. The next day, freeze for long-term storage.

EDIT: I like to store in 2-cup containers like you'd find at the deli. Two cups thaws perfectly in my microwave at 5 minutes.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:49 PM 10-01-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I wouldn't bother with just one carcass. I usually wait till I have at least 3-4. One carcass, probably a quart or so of stock. I use it all the time, so I don't really want to waste the time and energy unless I'm "stocking" up.

If you have a pressure cooker, it's super fast.

Otherwise, I brown the carcasses in the oven with a quartered unpeeled onions, a couple carrots, and a couple sticks of celery. All goes in the pot, cover with a gallon to 1.5 gallons of water, throw in some thyme, parley, and a couple bay leaves. Some peppercorns if you like. Bring to a boil, then drop to a very low summer (barely a bubble) and cook for 6-8 hours. Sometimes I'll finish with a big spoon of tomato paste to deepen the color.

If you prefer a lighter colored, lighter flavored stock, don't brown anything and skip the tomato paste.

This is unseasoned stock, so if you want, add salt. I prefer to leave it unseasoned, so I can adjust for whatever I'm cooking.

Double strain, then cool, and refrigerate. The next day, freeze for long term storage.
Thanks mang, I'll refer back to this when I get 2-3 carcasses saved up and make a smaller batch

Figure I can get that many in my freezer without hogging up all the room if I break them down real good
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:30 PM 10-01-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Rolled up to Wisconsin today to grab some of their beers that we don't get down here. A must stop is Tenuta's Deli in Kenosha. KC folks can imagine Red X meets Little Italy. Wooden Indian statues, cigars, incredible liquor selection, 300lb log of provolone, pinky rings. Anyway, they have my favorite hot giardiniera (pickled veg). Going to try their sauce for the first time tonight on some spaghetti.

Giardiniera without rolls or Italian beef?
[Reply]
Buzz 06:42 PM 10-01-2016
I went ahead and made the mashed potatoes and they have to be the best I ever had, no pic, been a bit busy. The chicken and noodles are on the stove now.

Attached: 000_0004.jpg (140.7 KB) 000_0006.jpg (87.8 KB) 
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:56 PM 10-01-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Giardiniera without rolls or Italian beef?
I put it with just about anything. I had a slice of giardiniera and cheese curd pizza today that was outstanding.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:57 PM 10-01-2016
That looks down home and delicious, Buzzmeister

All those taters soaking up the chicken juice Mmm
[Reply]
Buzz 07:20 PM 10-01-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That looks down home and delicious, Buzzmeister

All those taters soaking up the chicken juice Mmm

Thanks, it was very good. I added moar chicken stock to the mashed potatoes and they are full of flavor.

Cooking with about an arm and a half, moved furniture today for a nephew from the bottom floor of an apartment, across town, up three flights of stairs to another and pulled something in my elbow. Got an ice bag strapped to it, hope I didn't fuck something up.
[Reply]
Buzz 10-01-2016, 07:55 PM
This message has been deleted by Buzz. Reason: .
Buzz 09:10 PM 10-02-2016
So, the Chiefs suck. What do you guy's think about brussle sprouts? I have never had them that I can recall. Wife said gross, others said smells like feet. I bought a small bag to try them out. What say you CP?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:13 PM 10-02-2016
So, the Chiefs suck. What do you guy's think about brussle sprouts? I have never had them that I can recall. Wife said gross, others said smells like feet. I bought a small bag to try them out. What say you CP?
Garlic
Bacon Grease
Cast Iron
[Reply]
Buzz 09:27 PM 10-02-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Garlic
Bacon Grease
Cast Iron

I just may have that, care to go into any detail?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:49 PM 10-02-2016
I just may have that, care to go into any detail?
It's almost impossible to mess up, because sprouts are so hardy under heat.

Toss them with finely diced garlic and bacon grease [with bits of bacon included], then roast them good and hard in cast iron.

They'll char, but they won't burn, and the charring will bring the sugars out of the sprouts.

Deglaze the pan at the end with a little balsamic vinegar if you like.

[Reply]
In58men 07:05 PM 10-03-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
I will be making this very very soon.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/lo...0.0167230.html

Boursin cheese is simply amazing with mashed potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 299 of 1209
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349399799 > Last »
Up