ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3033 of 3903
« First < 2033253329332983302330293030303130323033 30343035303630373043308331333533 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 05:41 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
A local source rather than the 30,000 ft view the AP gave.
As Dr. Larsen points out we see a lot of non-covid patients as well and has some have said, it's that couple with the rise in Covid patients. There is still plenty of beds across the area. I don't think anyone is saying there hasn't been a rise in hospitalizations but rather that it is not just Covid and the capacity issues are not being caused solely by Covid as the media seems to want to portray.

I hadn't heard 80 patients so that's a bit new. I think this article though gives some good overall perspective and sheds light on the fact that shit happens besides Covid.

For example:
Originally Posted by :
North Kansas City Hospital was on full diversion for less than half an hour late Friday morning, a spokesperson said, but that was due to “some significant trauma cases” in the emergency department.

[Reply]
petegz28 07:56 PM 10-16-2020
I apologize to Donger for the comment. It was not meant to take a personal shot.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:35 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
I think mask work some but they also give a false sense of security. I went to urgent care because I thought I was developing p-neumonia. I was in the little room by myself with a quality mask on and I felt a cough coming on so I also cover my mouth with my hands and when I coughed I could feel the air and moister hit my hands. I went for the sanitizer so I wouldn't spread my covid on everything I touched.
Its why I dont understand why use of N95 masks are not urged more. But I suspect going from maskless to a N95 would literally make the antimaskers flip out and would a tall ask. N95 masks are waaaaay more effective for the wearer than regular masks, with a marginal more discomfort.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:38 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Almost up to 200 hospitalizations here.

The test numbers are dropping slowly so hopefully the rest will follow
71k cases and rising. Which is to be expected. I was hoping the cold and flu spike wouldn't begin until Nov. We are most definitely going to see 100k cases a day, as I predicted this summer. Its inevitable since extended families and friends refuse to give a shit.
[Reply]
TLO 01:43 PM 10-17-2020
Kind of hoping we've hit our peak of hospitalizations here locally. We were up around 70 not all that long ago.

Down to about 50 today.
[Reply]
Donger 02:20 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I apologize to Donger for the comment. It was not meant to take a personal shot.
Thank you. It's accepted.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Kind of hoping we've hit our peak of hospitalizations here locally. We were up around 70 not all that long ago.

Down to about 50 today.
It’s went up and down like that here for a while so who knows
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:23 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

Down to about 50 today.
With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming I think that cases, hospitalizations and all numbers will continue to go up.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:31 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming I think that cases, hospitalizations and all numbers will continue to go up.
Because people will be spending time with their familys?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:44 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
That is part of it. People are more active shopping, traveling and spending time with members of the family that is not a part of the household and of course the time of year is colder with more flu, common cold, etc.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:48 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
the CA Governor has gone off the ledge...

♦ “Gatherings that include more than 3 households are prohibited.” …

♦ “The host should collect names of all attendees and contact information”…

♦ “All gatherings must be held outside. Attendees may go inside to use restrooms as long as the restrooms are frequently sanitized.” …

♦ “Seating must provide at least 6 feet of distance (in all directions—front-to-back and side-to-side)” …

♦ “any food or beverages at outdoor gatherings must be in single-serve disposable containers.” …

♦ “People who are singing or chanting are strongly encouraged to do so quietly (at or below the volume of a normal speaking voice).”
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:37 AM 10-18-2020
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The surge in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations is so severe in the Kansas City area that some hospitals were forced to refuse ambulances due to a lack of space, according to officials with one of the region’s largest health care providers.

Eight hospitals, in both Missouri and Kansas, reported such high volumes of patients Wednesday night that they temporarily stopped accepting ambulances, said Dr. Marc Larson, operations director of St. Luke’s Health System’s COVID Response Team. A St. Luke’s spokeswoman added that two of the hospitals were part of the St. Luke’s system. She did not identify the others.

“We’re bursting at the seams in the metropolitan area, and really across the state and the region,” Larson told the Kansas City Star in a phone interview.

Missouri has reached record hospitalization levels several times over the past few weeks, with the latest record of 1,443 being set Wednesday. Data has not yet been released for Thursday or Friday. Among the regions setting new records was the Kansas City area.

“I worry that if we don’t start taking this seriously as a metropolitan area, we’re going to be the next New York,” Larsen said. “We’re going to be the next hot spot, because though we have a lot of hospitals, we have a lot of capacity in the area, we are filling up fast.”

Missouri is among several states seeing a surge in new virus cases. On Friday, the state reported 2,017 new cases and 17 additional deaths. Missouri has reported 152,571 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 2,459 deaths since the onset of the pandemic.

The outbreak is prompting the White House Coronavirus Task Force to recommend that universities in the state test all students before Thanksgiving break, KCUR reported. Some university leaders said it’s a costly plan and mass testing isn’t effective.

The task force urges schools to “work with university students to keep cases low, with the goal of low transmission in preparation for Thanksgiving.”

[Reply]
O.city 11:56 AM 10-18-2020
We’re gonna find out what happens when we don’t do much precautions wise at this point. There’s no political will for it and people are generally exhausted on it.

So yeah, we’re gonna just have to gut it out at this point and hope hospitals hold up
[Reply]
petegz28 11:57 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The surge in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations is so severe in the Kansas City area that some hospitals were forced to refuse ambulances due to a lack of space, according to officials with one of the region’s largest health care providers.

Eight hospitals, in both Missouri and Kansas, reported such high volumes of patients Wednesday night that they temporarily stopped accepting ambulances, said Dr. Marc Larson, operations director of St. Luke’s Health System’s COVID Response Team. A St. Luke’s spokeswoman added that two of the hospitals were part of the St. Luke’s system. She did not identify the others.

“We’re bursting at the seams in the metropolitan area, and really across the state and the region,” Larson told the Kansas City Star in a phone interview.

Missouri has reached record hospitalization levels several times over the past few weeks, with the latest record of 1,443 being set Wednesday. Data has not yet been released for Thursday or Friday. Among the regions setting new records was the Kansas City area.

“I worry that if we don’t start taking this seriously as a metropolitan area, we’re going to be the next New York,” Larsen said. “We’re going to be the next hot spot, because though we have a lot of hospitals, we have a lot of capacity in the area, we are filling up fast.”

Missouri is among several states seeing a surge in new virus cases. On Friday, the state reported 2,017 new cases and 17 additional deaths. Missouri has reported 152,571 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 2,459 deaths since the onset of the pandemic.

The outbreak is prompting the White House Coronavirus Task Force to recommend that universities in the state test all students before Thanksgiving break, KCUR reported. Some university leaders said it’s a costly plan and mass testing isn’t effective.

The task force urges schools to “work with university students to keep cases low, with the goal of low transmission in preparation for Thanksgiving.”
You either quoted a story that left a lot of things out or purposely left a lot of things out. Considering the misspelled Larsen's name too....

Earlier in the week, St. Luke's was on diversion for a short amount of time, which Larsen said happens at every hospital. This means they weren't accepting ambulances except for issues such as heart attack and trauma.

As of Friday afternoon, St. Luke's was not turning away ambulances.

The hospital sees a high volume of non-COVID patients in the beginning of the week, such as people who come in for surgery and need to stay a few days. Volumes typically level off toward the end of the week.

North Kansas City Hospital was on full diversion for less than half an hour late Friday morning, a spokesperson said, but that was due to “some significant trauma cases” in the emergency department.

The spokesperson said about half of the patients in critical care and the ICU at NKCH are COVID-19 patients and the hospital “continues to have capacity and is prepared to provide essential medical treatment."
[Reply]
petegz28 12:05 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
We’re gonna find out what happens when we don’t do much precautions wise at this point. There’s no political will for it and people are generally exhausted on it.

So yeah, we’re gonna just have to gut it out at this point and hope hospitals hold up
The hype about the hospitals in the KC area is a bit overstated. There is concern but the media is being a bit dramatic, big shock I know.

There is capacity. No one is being turned away. There are ICU beds and regular beds available across the area.

Are things busy? Yes.
[Reply]
Page 3033 of 3903
« First < 2033253329332983302330293030303130323033 30343035303630373043308331333533 > Last »
Up