ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2583 of 3903
« First < 1583208324832533257325792580258125822583 258425852586258725932633268330833583 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:24 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by EWOK:
Right now they have drive up service, so the problem becomes if the parent can't/won't make the trip to the school.
Man, that sucks and I'm really sorry to hear about that because no child should go to bed hungry in this country.

Fortunately, LAUSD has delivery drivers and pick up options available.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:26 PM 07-13-2020
Don't know if this was posted last week, but after re opening schools, Israel is pointing at schools as spreaders.
July 8, 2020

Originally Posted by :
Tuesday was Israel’s worst day of contagion, with 1,400 new cases of COVID-19 announced, a record since the start of the outbreak.

Event spaces, bars, and gyms have been re-shut but instructions regarding public transportation remain unclear, and the transport and finance ministers squabble on the airwaves.

On Tuesday, in testimony to the Israeli parliament, Dr. Udi Kliner, Sadetzki’s deputy, reported that schools—not restaurants or gyms—turned out to be the country’s worst mega-infectors.
https://news.yahoo.com/second-wave-c...&ICID=ref_fark
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:29 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
How are they screwed?
My guess is that it derives from an American Academy of Pediatrics article published a few weeks ago stressing the importance of in-person learning for children. They've since walked it back after being criticized for not taking into account the well being and safety of staff and teachers.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:42 PM 07-13-2020
I know most here arent a big fan of letting others chose for themselves but I would be interested to hear what high school kids thoughts are on the matter of retuning.
[Reply]
eDave 01:43 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
My guess is that it derives from an American Academy of Pediatrics article published a few weeks ago stressing the importance of in-person learning for children. They've since walked it back after being criticized for not taking into account the well being and safety of staff and teachers.
I can support that notion as I have worked from home for a considerable amount of time and collaboration is sorely missed. But one year of it certainly isn't screwing anyone. It screws the parents, which is the angle I presume he is coming from.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 01:47 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I know most here arent a big fan of letting others chose for themselves but I would be interested to hear what high school kids thoughts are on the matter of retuning.
my 17 year old nephew with major health problems wants to go experience his senior year. I get it, but...

yeah, let's totally let 17 year olds and younger decide. they have way better judgement and ability to make good decisions than adults with knowledge and experience, right?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:48 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
my 17 year old nephew with major health problems wants to go experience his senior year. I get it, but...

yeah, let's totally let 17 year olds and younger decide. they have way better judgement and ability to make good decisions than adults with knowledge and experience, right?
Their input should absolutely matter
[Reply]
Monticore 01:48 PM 07-13-2020

HS kids have been proven to be really bad at decision making .
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:50 PM 07-13-2020
Their input should absolutely matter
:-)

Did your input matter to your parents when you where a teenager? It certainly didn't matter to my parents.

"Do what you're told or pack your bags" is a pretty easy rule to follow.
[Reply]
Great8 01:51 PM 07-13-2020
My daughter will be a senior this year, and she definitely wants to go back to school in person.
She misses her friends, she wants a prom, and a real senior year.
It looks like she is going to be able to go 2 days in person, and the other 3 days remotely.
They are having half of the school go on Monday and Tuesday, the other half on Thursday and Friday, with Wednesday being a cleaning day at the school.
She has told me that she gets so much more out of face to face class time as opposed to the remote learning.
[Reply]
TLO 01:51 PM 07-13-2020
What's the cut off point for one of these Phase III trial vaccines being "good enough" and distributed out to the public?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:55 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

Did your input matter to your parents when you where a teenager? It certainly didn't matter to my parents.

"Do what you're told or pack your bags" is a pretty easy rule to follow.
Sure did.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:56 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
What's the cut off point for one of these Phase III trial vaccines being "good enough" and distributed out to the public?
Also..I'm curious to how these are fast tracked.. What corners are cut to get it through faster?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:58 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
HS kids have been proven to be really bad at decision making .
Like I stated, I am well aware of most of the people's positions in this particular thread when it comes to individual freedoms.They prefer them reduced.
[Reply]
eDave 01:59 PM 07-13-2020
Sure did.
I would think the kids wanting to return are in the minority with a majority of those just wishing to be around their friends IRL.
[Reply]
Page 2583 of 3903
« First < 1583208324832533257325792580258125822583 258425852586258725932633268330833583 > Last »
Up