ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 454 of 3903
« First < 354404444450451452453454 4554564574584645045549541454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 09:47 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Here is some what positive news. Bill Gates says coronavirus shutdown could last 6-10 weeks 'if a country does a good job with testing'

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/bill-ga...ast-6-10-weeks
But see we suck at testing.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:49 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
And if that takes 18 months?
Two years of educational institutions operating only online if at all, no dining or drinking allowed in public places, no live sporting events and all of that on top of a ton of people without jobs.
[Reply]
Spott 09:49 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Someone does not understand how heard immunity works.
I’ve never herd of it. How does heard immunity work?
[Reply]
patteeu 09:49 AM 03-19-2020
So you understand how ignorant your comment was then. Good to hear.
I don't. Can you explain it?
[Reply]
R Clark 09:50 AM 03-19-2020
I guess I am lucky , small profit margin but not around people at all . As long as the cattle market comes back in nine or so months.if not it will get tight
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 03-19-2020
So you understand how ignorant your comment was then. Good to hear.
I made my position quite clear, as I have a dozen or more times.

There are middle grounds I want to explore and pursue.

But IF the choices are between a police state and letting this virus run its course naturally - I'm taking the latter and doing so without blinking. If it means 200 million people get the disease (160 million of whom show virtually no symptoms), so be it. Is that the ideal scenario? No.

Is it better than an entire nation surrendering its personal liberties? Christ - I don't even understand why I have to answer that question.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:51 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
And if that takes 18 months?
This is what it comes down to for me. Do we need to take this absolutely seriously? Of course. But there are scenarios where you could debate if it would be better if we basically just accepted our fate and allowed otherwise healthy people to live their lives.

I'm nowhere near saying that's what we should do, but I do have trouble figuring out what the endgame is here except hiding in our homes until widespread treatments and vaccines are available, which could be a year from now.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:52 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
which could be a year from now.
If at all and if the vaccination doesn't have strong adverse effects.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:53 AM 03-19-2020
Just got a raise this morning. Apparently chiropractic offices are immune to the coronavirus. Which shocks me to be honest.
[Reply]
Spott 09:53 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Just got a raise this morning. Apparently chiropractic offices are immune to the coronavirus. Which shocks me to be honest.
So you handing out free back rubs or what?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Two years of educational institutions operating only online if at all, no dining or drinking allowed in public places, no live sporting events and all of that on top of a ton of people without jobs.
I picked my girl up from the last day of school and I was more upset than she was.

"Go say goodbye to your friends - you won't see them for while..."

"Yes I will, daddy - I'll see them in first grade!!"

Guys, I'm really not about stealing my kids childhoods. So now my little girl's gonna do 1st grade from her couch as well?

FFS - no. We cannot do that.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:59 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I picked my girl up from the last day of school and I was more upset than she was.

"Go say goodbye to your friends - you won't see them for while..."

"Yes I will, daddy - I'll see them in first grade!!"

Guys, I'm really not about stealing my kids childhoods. So now my little girl's gonna do 1st grade from her couch as well?

FFS - no. We cannot do that.
I dunno, the Chiefs are Super Bowl Champions and Tom Brady is a Tampa Bay Buccaneer, this could actually be the end of the world.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:59 AM 03-19-2020
Going all in on chloroquine

Originally Posted by :
President Trump says he’s pushed the Food and Drug Administration to eliminate barriers to getting therapeutics for coronavirus to patients.

He said a drug currently used as an antimalarial — hydroxychloroquine — would be made available almost immediately to treat coronavirus.

"It’s been around for a long time, so we know if things don’t go as planned, it’s not going to kill anybody,” Trump told reporters at the White House today.

Trump said it was a common drug and would soon be available for “prescribed use” on coronavirus. He called it a “game-changer."

"We have to remove every barrier or a lot of barriers that were unnecessary and they’ve done that to get the rapid deployment of safe, effective treatments and we think we have some good answers,” Trump said.

[Reply]
neech 09:59 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
My wife shredded her knee last Thursday. Her doctor canceled all appointments because she’s scared of this virus. Really, you just want my wife to walk around with crutches for an extended period of time when all she needed was a doctors note for an MRI.

Luckily urgent care got her an MRI. They won’t even let people into the building and will meet you at your vehicle to check your body temp and symptoms.

Her hospital she works at closed off all entrances except one. Same hospital hired us LEO to work security for them in the ER at $30/hr because they’re scared of out of control family members.
Sorry about your wife and hope she recovers as soon as she can under the present conditions in these times.

This isn’t the time to come down with any other health problems with this virus stuff ramping up. Everyone be careful in your daily life.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:00 AM 03-19-2020
Trump has suspended all evictions and home loan foreclosures.
[Reply]
Page 454 of 3903
« First < 354404444450451452453454 4554564574584645045549541454 > Last »
Up