ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 404 of 3903
« First < 304354394400401402403404 4054064074084144545049041404 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
FAX 09:28 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I have been looking for these articles. To clarify, are you talking about
community spread prior to January 20th in the USA?
I'm referencing televised interviews, Mr. SupDock. I've found related articles of course (as you have, I'm sure), but the post to which you refer was about those interviews.

Like a bad researcher, I didn't bookmark those. I did spend some time yesterday trying to locate a few, got distracted, and then totally forgot to follow up with you. Apologies.

I'll dig into it again.

Anyway, these were interviews with researchers and virologists from Germany, EU, UK, etc. and some of them were translated as necessary. I spent several hours in total going through that material during my initial research phase.

I promise to post some links tomorrow. Sorry, man. You asked and I failed.

FAX THE REGRETFUL
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 09:29 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Everyone has done a great job policing themselves for the most part.
We seem to be hyper-conscious right now about being respectful of others. I really like this version of "us". After this blows over we can call each other dumbfucks and faggots over draft picks from years ago... For now, we'll stick with the kumbaya
[Reply]
SupDock 09:31 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
Read the article, Mr. FAX. The suggestion is that 86% of all COVID cases were likely undiagnosed. So for every 1 diagnosis they estimated that there were 6 undocumented cases. This is on the order of tens of thousands. The article does not suggest that 86% of Wuhan had the disease.
Absolutely this. Reading more of the article

Using the best-fitting model (Table 1*and*Fig. 1), we estimated 13,118 (95% CI: 2,974–23,435) total new COVID-19 infections (documented and undocumented combined) during 10–23 January in Wuhan city. Further, 86.2% (95% CI: 81.5%–89.8%) of all infections were infected from undocumented cases. Nationwide, the total number of infections during 10–23 January was 16,829 (95% CI: 3,797–30,271) with 86.2% (95% CI: 81.6%–89.8%) infected by undocumented cases.

That is a wide confidence interval on case estimations.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:33 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I've tried. I used to do more cooking when I was poor college student and I hated it. I hated the dishes. I hated the time it took to prepare things. The time I had to go to the store. Some things you can't store for more than a week or it goes bad. Once I started eating out every meal, it liberated my mind & psyche. I highly recommend never cooking, never ever.
Dude, the weber is your friend. Little cleanup and everything is easy. Get some fruits and veggies for a side and you are set. Whenever I go out for food, I'm always thinking about how I could have done it better...

Chicken, beef, pork... It's all easy. Salt, pepper and whatever else you like.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:34 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Thank you! I am not saying it can't happen but we have been hearing "just wait a week or two" for two weeks.

Of course it is going to get worse by the numbers but it's almost like people are wanting us to be Italy so they can say they were right or something.
#Won't sniff the facts
[Reply]
eDave 09:35 PM 03-17-2020
We seem to be hyper-conscious right now about being respectful of others. I really like this version of "us". After this blows over we can call each other dumbfucks and pillowbitergots over draft picks from years ago... For now, we'll stick with the kumbaya
Go fuck yourself, Nickels.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:35 PM 03-17-2020
I hope none of you know someone fighting cancer right now, with many people continuing to not take social distancing seriously.

Those of you not practicing it can get fucked.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:39 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I hope none of you know someone fighting cancer right now, with many people continuing to not take social distancing seriously.

Those of you not practicing it can get ****ed.
Trying man. Really sucks my employer continues to have us come in. I haven't been to the gym since laat Thursday but eating better. Pretty pathetic my gym is still open too.
[Reply]
FAX 09:39 PM 03-17-2020
Read the article, Mr. FAX. The suggestion is that 86% of all COVID cases were likely undiagnosed. So for every 1 diagnosis they estimated that there were 6 undocumented cases. This is on the order of tens of thousands. The article does not suggest that 86% of Wuhan had the disease.
Thanks. I did mention that those were "my words and interpretation", did I not?

But you're right ... if the 80,000 cases in China represent 14% of the total "potentially undocumented", that's easy math and should be a reasonable number for the time being.

But while we're here, let's think this through a moment ...

For every 1 diagnosis they estimate 6 undocumented, right?

How did the "estimated" undocumented get the disease? From the documented? From another population of unknown and therefore "undocumented"? From each other?

FAX
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 09:39 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Go **** yourself, Nickels.
Fuck you too, bud! :-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:41 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Those of you not practicing it can get ****ed.
Well so much for the kumbaya
[Reply]
SupDock 09:41 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
I'm referencing televised interviews, Mr. SupDock. I've found related articles of course (as you have, I'm sure), but the post to which you refer was about those interviews.

Like a bad researcher, I didn't bookmark those. I did spend some time yesterday trying to locate a few, got distracted, and then totally forgot to follow up with you. Apologies.

I'll dig into it again.

Anyway, these were interviews with researchers and virologists from Germany, EU, UK, etc. and some of them were translated as necessary. I spent several hours in total going through that material during my initial research phase.

I promise to post some links tomorrow. Sorry, man. You asked and I failed.

FAX THE REGRETFUL
The only article I saw was talking about community spread after Jan 20th in Washington

6 weeks elapsed between two cases, but the viral analysis seemed to indicate they were so closely related that case 1 caused case 2, indicating it spread through the community.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...pread.amp.html
[Reply]
TLO 03-17-2020, 09:42 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO.
eDave 09:43 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
One last piece of information, then time for rest. Again - sorry I can't embed on my phone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Covid19No...09907879006209
I got you. Good night, sweet prince

NEW: Three of Dallas County’s new confirmed #Covid19 cases are currently hospitalized in critical condition. And two of those are young: one in their 20’s, another in their 30’s. The third critical patient is in their 60’s. No underlying health conditions. #WFAA #Coronavirus

— Teresa Woodard (@twoodard8) March 17, 2020

[Reply]
lewdog 09:44 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Trying man. Really sucks my employer continues to have us come in. I haven't been to the gym since laat Thursday but eating better. Pretty pathetic my gym is still open too.
Being in healthcare we are all essential employees and required to go to work.

The medical center next door to us is setting up what will be a testing station for Coronavirus in the parking lot. Idea is people will use an order from a PCP to get tested if they match the symptoms. Cars will circle stations for testing, allowing these individuals to be contained in their cars and not have to enter medical facilities to limit the spreading of the virus. Just need more test kits for this all to happen.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:44 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He’s talking about the medications and I think you’re taking about the immunization
Ah, you're probably right. I was only thinking in terms of the immunization.
[Reply]
Page 404 of 3903
« First < 304354394400401402403404 4054064074084144545049041404 > Last »
Up