ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who will start at Left Tackle on Week 1?
Wanya Morris 20 13.25%
Donovan Smith (re-signed) 69 45.70%
Kingsley Suamataia 40 26.49%
Darian Kinnard 0 0%
Lucas Niang 0 0%
Jawaan Taylor 7 4.64%
Chukwuebuka Godrick 1 0.66%
A veteran interior offensive lineman currently on the roster 1 0.66%
One of the new rookie interior linemen (C.J. Hanson or Hunter Nourzad) 0 0%
Some veteran free agent not listed elsewhere 8 5.30%
Some rookie free agent not listed elsewhere 0 0%
Eric Fisher 0 0%
Mike Remmers 1 0.66%
Orlando Brown, Jr. 1 0.66%
Left tackle? Mahomes don't need no stinkin' left tackle 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who will be the Week 1 starter at Left Tackle?
MIAdragon 07:32 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Our OT position is set I'm assuming.

Kingsley/Morris at LT

Taylor/Niang at RT

Thuney as a break glass in case of emergency option.
Niang, really?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:35 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Niang, really?
That probably is who is going to be behind Taylor on the depth chart, yes.
[Reply]
JimNasium 06:33 AM 04-29-2024
The post-draft optimism planet is at full function with that Suamataia vote. I’m in the camp of bringing Smith back. If Kingsley thrives and is ready, so be it. Better to be safe than sorry with the guys protecting your half-a-billion dollar man.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:42 AM 04-29-2024
Why are we bringing Smith back? He was sliding to below average at best and was an outright liability down the stretch. Assuming a large part of that was the neck issues but that shit isn't going awaym
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:29 AM 04-29-2024
Why are we bringing Smith back? He was sliding to below average at best and was an outright liability down the stretch. Assuming a large part of that was the neck issues but that shit isn't going awaym
Perfect stopgap. Probably not expensive and willing to take a 1 year deal. Which also gives Kingsley the flexibility to win the starting job sooner vs later
[Reply]
Monticore 08:47 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Perfect stopgap. Probably not expensive and willing to take a 1 year deal. Which also gives Kingsley the flexibility to win the starting job sooner vs later
Didn’t he cost like 9 million last year we need RB , DL, LB depth can we even afford him
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:06 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Didn’t he cost like 9 million last year we need RB , DL, LB depth can we even afford him
Protecting Mahomes’ blind side takes priority over all those other needs you listed.

Kingsley will get every opportunity to earn the starting job… but bringing back Donovan Smith at the right price for depth would be smart.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:16 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I think this UDFA should go a long ways towards LB depth.

Curtis Jacobs, Penn State
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:36 AM 04-29-2024
Pretty sure we won a SB with him
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:14 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Pretty sure we won a SB with him
That same line of thinking is why we went into the season with Moore and Toney pencilled in as the starters.
[Reply]
wazu 10:15 AM 04-29-2024
That same line of thinking is why we went into the season with Moore and Toney pencilled in as the starters.
And won a Super Bowl, BTW.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:06 AM 04-29-2024
If KC drafted a LT with a top 10 pick who was plug and play, I could see him starting day 1.

I'm not saying what KC should do, but I would be very surprised if Andy's plan A is having a 'project' rookie learn on the job at LT.

I would imagine he either thinks there is somebody else already on the roster that can be day 1 LT, or he plans on signing a vet.

Now sure, if King absolutely crushes the competition at camp, Andy may be very reluctantly forced to go against his instinct and start him day 1. But barring that pleasant surprise, I'm expecting he has a different idea.

Of course, in the NFL, plan A doesn't always happen. You can't force Smith to sign a team friendly one year deal for instance.
[Reply]
O.city 06:37 AM 04-29-2024
If you bring back Smith...I guess you cut Niang
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 06:40 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Oh no, anyway.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:26 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Or you just put Caliendo on the PS and carry one less guard...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up