ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 38 of 114
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Papi 08:56 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
it's idiotic... Do you think some St. Louis fans didn't think the same when the Rams left?
Lol Rams only had fans during the greatest show on turf. Horrible example.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:57 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
That is what they were doing in the Crossroads. Build an awesome stadium and let the Crossroads and PNL be the entertainment districts.
Yeah but people actually care about keeping the crossroads intact.

They couldn’t read the room on that one and go with the not so secret site they’ve been planning for years?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:58 PM 04-02-2024
pushback. I believe there are 3 privately funded stadiums. Kroenke is the richest NFL owner, or was at the time of construction. LA is the second biggest market. All true. All reasons that make a privately funded stadium feasible for SOFI. Do you think Clark has the capital or means to build his own stadium?
Acting like there is an equivalency between Kansas City and Los Angeles here is hilarious.

There is a reason Kroenke was breaking down the door to get to LA.
[Reply]
Stewie 08:58 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Not from the area and haven’t spent much time on this, but aren’t they locked in until 2030? Can’t they just get better proposals together by then? The arrowhead updates were the CEH of updates. And down town stadiums suck the peen. Maybe fixing a few things here tips the scales.
Can the lease be broken now that the money from the sales tax is gone?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:59 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
They’re gonna be forced to come up with a real plan and proposal this time around. Whether it’s another county or city this shitshow they put out isn’t gonna pass the sniff test anywhere else.

Maybe actually try to win the voters over next time. They give a D- effort and saw what happened

Look at the pole up top. People that aren’t from KC will apparently say yes to anything! Let’s see if that works for the royals
As has been shared, the Chiefs wanted this to fail. This would force the Royals to leave and the Chiefs would then pass the tax and receive all the $, or it would pass in Kansas and receive all the money. That's why their effort was hollow from the beginning. I didn't want to believe they would walk from Arrowhead, but that is definitely one of the options they preferred over this being a yes vote. The sandbagged it and anyone not believing that still believes Rashee Rice wasn't driving the Lambo...(although he will be good to go)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:00 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Can the lease be broken now that the money from the sales tax is gone?
No the current lease exists til 2031
[Reply]
lewdog 09:01 PM 04-02-2024
Sucks when a state is so full of poor people that they can't vote this through and keep their sports teams.
[Reply]
Arch Stanton 09:01 PM 04-02-2024
correct, that's why I responded to your original post like I did. They don't have to rely on alternatives, plenty of options will be available for public funding.
That's the way it's been sold, but look at the poll in this thread, FFS. And I'm talkin about public funding.

Gimmedats at work. NIMBP. You and him pay my bar tab.

If a stadium can be privately funded, that location deserves a franchise, and it would be history making.
[Reply]
DavidB 09:02 PM 04-02-2024
It seems unlikely that Kansas City would ever lose the Chiefs. I can see Kansas City losing the Royals because MLB is not being run the same way as the NFL. In MLB, there will always be the haves and the have nots. It isn't that way in the NFL. Each team is a Franchise Quarterback away from winning.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:02 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Papi:
Lol Rams only had fans during the greatest show on turf. Horrible example.
What, do you think if Mahomes went to Oklahoma City that Chiefs fans wouldn't follow? Chiefs would likely not get another NFL team for a long long time, if ever. That's not going to happen, but to imply that KC could easily replace the Royals or Chiefs if they left is laughable.
[Reply]
Stewie 09:02 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No the current lease exists til 2031
Leases are broken all the time. When a big revenue stream dries up it's fair game.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:02 PM 04-02-2024
Not going to lie, I'm really disappointed in the idea of abandoning Arrowhead.

I really think it had a shot to become a Lambeau esque iconic venue that fans could enjoy for generations. It's such a cool place.

The idea of replacing it with another bland corporate monstrosity out by the racetrack that Clark (or whatever Hunt owns the team at that point) will declare outdated 25 years after it's build is just sad to think about.
[Reply]
srvy 09:03 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The "parking" freak out was hilarious to me. Where will we park??!!!

Probably the same place people park when they go to the downtown games in St. Louis and Cincinnati and Cleveland and Pittsburgh and Detroit and Minneapolis and Baltimore and Phoenix and Denver and....
Tells me all I need to know is that you don't know this city and have no idea what you're talking about. All you have is throwing a 5-year-old toddler tantrum.

Almost all those cities have viable public transportation with satellite parking areas outside of the city proper where land isn't sold by the square foot.

The choo choo we have downtown is the equivalent of the Worlds of Fun RR that goes around in circles around the amusement park.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:03 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Not going to lie, I'm really disappointed in the idea of abandoning Arrowhead.

I really think it had a shot to become a Lambeau esque iconic venue that fans could enjoy for generations. It's such a cool place.

The idea of replacing it with another bland corporate monstrosity out by the racetrack that Clark (or whatever Hunt owns the team at that point) will declare outdated 25 years after it's build is just sad to think about.
There's no money in that.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:03 PM 04-02-2024
It literally amounts to less than $50/yr per person. Can't believe it failed. Gonna lose all kinds of stuff Jackson county. You ignoramuses!
[Reply]
Page 38 of 114
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Up