ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 23
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets trade up to #3
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:52 AM 03-17-2018

Huge trade: Jets acquired No. 3 overall pick from Colts for No. 6 overall pick, 37th overall pick, 49th overall pick and our 2019 2nd round pick.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 17, 2018

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:31 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Heh, Mayfield is the best QB in the class, The talking heads all agree as well as I.
Bet you a pound of thick sliced bacon Mayfield gets Geno'd into the 2nd rd.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:43 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
IMO, Barkley will drop due to being a RB, and all this draft hype is media generated.
Nope.

And being a RB in normal circumstances yes I would agree. BUT there is Barkeley and then there is the rest of the RB bunch. Barkley is that special who borders on the level of a Bo Jackson type with being just a hint slower than Bo but not by much. However, Barkeley is just as athletic as Bo IMHO. When you have a RB like this who is that dynamic who can check "all the boxes" and then some you can bet teams are salivating over this kid and what he brings to an offense especially now that the RB is a major part of the passing game in the NFL. Barkley can jumpstart a struggling offense while their QBOTF is cutting his teeth the right way. And why I predict Barkeley going first and then Cleveland will either take a QB or Chubb. Barkley won't make it to 4 IMHO and why Dorsey has to take him at 1.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:11 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Nope.

And being a RB in normal circumstances yes I would agree. BUT there is Barkeley and then there is the rest of the RB bunch. Barkley is that special who borders on the level of a Bo Jackson type with being just a hint slower than Bo but not by much. However, Barkeley is just as athletic as Bo IMHO. When you have a RB like this who is that dynamic who can check "all the boxes" and then some you can bet teams are salivating over this kid and what he brings to an offense especially now that the RB is a major part of the passing game in the NFL. Barkley can jumpstart a struggling offense while their QBOTF is cutting his teeth the right way. And why I predict Barkeley going first and then Cleveland will either take a QB or Chubb. Barkley won't make it to 4 IMHO and why Dorsey has to take him at 1.

As I said Kareem Hunt was a 3rd rounder and lead the league in rushing and Alvin Kamira had damn fine season and both were better than Fournette and McCaffery.

I'm not saying he's bad, but it's media hype . Don't even put him as
as a Bo Jackson class of athlete. Both would've gone to the Olympics if it got him paid more.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:26 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
As I said Kareem Hunt was a 3rd rounder and lead the league in rushing and Alvin Kamira had damn fine season and both were better than Fournette and McCaffery.

I'm not saying he's bad, but it's media hype . Don't even put him as
as a Bo Jackson class of athlete. Both would've gone to the Olympics if it got him paid more.
Compare Barkley to Hunt,McCaffrey,Fournette and Kamara then. This is my point. Barkley is head and shoulders above these guys even IMHO.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:30 PM 03-18-2018
Agree. Barkley isn't a product of hype. Did you not watch the dude play?

The fact is you can find a great RB elsewhere in the draft, especially throughout the first three rounds. Barkley is special. If I had two early first rounders, I'd take him and a QB and not blink for a second.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:31 PM 03-18-2018
Compare Barkley to Hunt,McCaffrey,Fournette and Kamara then. This is my point. Barkley is head and shoulders above these guys even IMHO.

My point is you can find production furthet along the draft especially at RB which is a 5 year recyclable position because of wear and tear.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:31 PM 03-18-2018
Bet you a pound of thick sliced bacon Mayfield gets Geno'd into the 2nd rd.:-)
Deal!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:39 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Deal!
:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:41 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Agree. Barkley isn't a product of hype. Did you not watch the dude play?

The fact is you can find a great RB elsewhere in the draft, especially throughout the first three rounds. Barkley is special. If I had two early first rounders, I'd take him and a QB and not blink for a second.
BINGO !!:-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:48 PM 03-18-2018
RB at 1. Laughable. He doesn't do anything 3rd rounders like Hunt and Kuhmara can't do. Does anyone on this board think he's better than Hunt? I doubt it. Equal maybe but two rounds better. Not a chance.
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:31 PM 03-18-2018
This tells me that the league thinks they know who is going 1-2.
I mean this is the Jets, though.
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:32 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
RB at 1. Laughable. He doesn't do anything 3rd rounders like Hunt and Kuhmara can't do. Does anyone on this board think he's better than Hunt? I doubt it. Equal maybe but two rounds better. Not a chance.
Anyone who takes a RB at 1 should be fired before they could get the pick in.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:48 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Anyone who takes a RB at 1 should be fired before they could get the pick in.
The Chiefs have had pretty good luck picking up RB's in the mid rounds. If you do enough research and vetting, there should be no reason to spend a first on a dedicated RB.

An exceptional, once in a lifetime talent with elite RB skills, hands of glue, and the ability to perform outside of traditional RB paradigms would be worthy of at least considering a first round pick though.
But that doesn't come around too often.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:05 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
The Chiefs have had pretty good luck picking up RB's in the mid rounds. If you do enough research and vetting, there should be no reason to spend a first on a dedicated RB.

An exceptional, once in a lifetime talent with elite RB skills, hands of glue, and the ability to perform outside of traditional RB paradigms would be worthy of at least considering a first round pick though.
But that doesn't come around too often.
He better be the.next Barry Sanders.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:09 PM 03-18-2018
I wouldn’t take him at 1. 4? Maybe. But I’d be tempted to A) trade down or B) take Minkah or Chubb.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 23
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up