ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 293
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Al Czervik 06:31 PM 01-13-2018
Bruce Weber.....God I love him!!!!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:34 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I feel as good as I can going into this WVU game. Winning ugly has a way of refocusing Bill Self teams. They seem to respond well with their backs against the wall. This feels a lot like playing at Oklahoma two years ago. Expect a big game from Graham.
They'll go over the back for about 18 off boards and win by 9. People talk about the hacks, rightly, but it's the off boards they rake teams in there.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:16 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Probably thinking KSU wouldn't be dumb enough to take a 3PT shot like that down 1 point in a game where they were getting to the rim at will.
It looked like Weber didn't know what to do
[Reply]
farmerchief 07:22 PM 01-13-2018
I expect WVU to hack a soft KU team to death, not get called for any of their fouls and for KU to lose by 10+. Anything else would be a pleasant surprise.
There have been plenty of KU teams, better than this current bunch, who couldn't win at West Virginia, so I don't give this team much of a chance. It would be a major, major upset if KU would win.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:26 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
There have been plenty of KU teams, better than this current bunch, who couldn't win at West Virginia, so I don't give this team much of a chance. It would be a major, major upset if KU would win.
Tackle Basketball extraordinaire.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:17 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
You should watch some bball outside of KU. Top teams are always struggling against inferior talent.

Or watch some KU games before this year because they constantly play down to the other team.
I guess in general that's true. However, Tech has talent and they seemed "off" in that game.

I don't watch a lot of college BB outside of KU before the tournament. Though I did watch the Tech/WV game today. Tech definitely looked "off" in the first half. WV in the 2nd half. Good advice.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:40 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Define "by far".

It's #1 in Sagarin again, about -2.5 points on avg vs the ACC and Big East, and -3.5 fa SEC (down from -5.5 last year).
Ranking of conferences by AdjEM of team that's expected to go .500 in conference play
Conference Rating Conference Rating
1 Big 12 Conference +18.20 17 Western Athletic Conference -3.19
2 Atlantic Coast Conference +15.84 18 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference -3.61
3 Big East Conference +15.09 19 Southern Conference -3.76
4 Southeastern Conference +14.41 20 Ivy League -3.96
5 Big Ten Conference +13.10 21 Big West Conference -4.03
6 Pac 12 Conference +8.96 22 Big Sky Conference -4.05
7 American Athletic Conference +7.15 23 Ohio Valley Conference -5.26
8 Mountain West Conference +4.87 24 America East Conference -5.97
9 Missouri Valley Conference +3.49 25 Big South Conference -6.39
10 Atlantic 10 Conference +1.67 26 Horizon League -6.66
11 West Coast Conference +0.79 27 Patriot League -7.07
12 Conference USA -1.16 28 Southland Conference -7.97
13 Summit League -1.19 29 Northeast Conference -9.22
14 Colonial Athletic Association -1.82 30 Atlantic Sun Conference -9.75
15 Sun Belt Conference -1.88 31 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference -17.11
16 Mid American Conference -1.93 32 Southwestern Athletic Conference -18.05
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:25 PM 01-13-2018
UWV 82 KU 70.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:20 AM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by kstater:
Bruce never dissapoints

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I don’t know if that kid is dumber than a bag of shit or the coach is dumber than a bag of shit but that is the worst end of a half play I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe ever. Jesus fucking Christ. I’m a KU fan and that rules me up. What a fucking joke.

Even if the kid is dumber than a bag of shit the coach has to be good enough to get the ball in someone else’s hands. That’s just terrible.

I expect WVU to hack a soft KU team to death, not get called for any of their fouls and for KU to lose by 10+. Anything else would be a pleasant surprise.
KU isn’t necessarily a bad matchup for once. Normally KU teams rely on big men that they can collapse on and hack the fuck out of. At least this team can spread a team out and limit the hacking to one dude. If (we won’t because we are soft) we handle the ball well I like our chances. But we have to handle and move the ball or we are double fucked.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:49 AM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don’t know if that kid is dumber than a bag of shit or the coach is dumber than a bag of shit but that is the worst end of a half play I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe ever. Jesus ****ing Christ. I’m a KU fan and that rules me up. What a ****ing joke.

Even if the kid is dumber than a bag of shit the coach has to be good enough to get the ball in someone else’s hands. That’s just terrible.

KU isn’t necessarily a bad matchup for once. Normally KU teams rely on big men that they can collapse on and hack the **** out of. At least this team can spread a team out and limit the hacking to one dude. If (we won’t because we are soft) we handle the ball well I like our chances. But we have to handle and move the ball or we are double ****ed.
Yes, theoretically a non-soft KU team that does what KU does would actually be the perfect team to beat WVU.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:50 AM 01-14-2018
I say feed Udoka for posterization all night. WV fans think they've got the B12 locked up already. Time for a classic Bill Self teabagging to temper their excitement.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:55 AM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I say feed Udoka for posterization all night. WV fans think they've got the B12 locked up already. Time for a classic Bill Self teabagging to temper their excitement.
KU is going to need to move the ball to create angles for him to get leverage but yeah.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:57 AM 01-14-2018

Thuggy is gonna drag his sack across Bills chin all night.

This game isn’t gonna be close.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 AM 01-14-2018
WV would love that. Doke will shoot 6/22 from the free throw line, basically giving up 8 possessions on the road as a strategy?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:04 AM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don’t know if that kid is dumber than a bag of shit or the coach is dumber than a bag of shit but that is the worst end of a half play I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe ever. Jesus fucking Christ. I’m a KU fan and that rules me up. What a fucking joke.

KU isn’t necessarily a bad matchup for once. Normally KU teams rely on big men that they can collapse on and hack the fuck out of. At least this team can spread a team out and limit the hacking to one dude. If (we won’t because we are soft) we handle the ball well I like our chances. But we have to handle and move the ball or we are double fucked.
The issue i have here, though is that our guards (outside of Devonte and a little bit of Malik) do NOT handle the ball well. Svi, Vick, Cunliffe, and Garrett don't particularly handle well for "guards"... and they certainly cannot do it well under pressure. Which is exactly what they're going to face. So a supposed better matchup of having mostly guards might theorize well, but the personnel we have to work with isn't necessarily indicative of that. We will see though. Maybe Malik\Devonte is enough.

The other thing that doesn't match well is their perimeter defense is very good.... which we've seen what that does to the KU gameplan.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 293
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up