ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Man of Steel.
munkey 04:41 PM 12-14-2012
It's starting to look like they might finally just get this right...a mix between Smallville and Superman two which IMO makes total sense.

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:14 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by KCWolfman:
Really?

Luthor's plan is to buy up land in Arizona and then blast it with nuclear bombs so he can sell it for a profit. You don't see plot holes there? I see holes big enough to pass Jupiter through unscathed.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

You said, "They overloaded on character development at the cost of plot and story line."

The complaint you're lodging is about plot/storyline. There's plenty of it in the movie regardless of whether or not it's full of holes.

I'm just saying that I prefer stories with strong characters and character development vs stories with poor character development and a stellar plot.

The problem with the movie isn't that they have too much character and not enough plot, or that they sacrificed one for the other.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:15 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Well, if I remember right, it was the first big budget superhero film, so they were sort of blazing a trail. Different era and obviously wouldn't work in today's film world.
I think the Bat-Man movie was release before Superman. But, to your, point, that's a campy movie as well. That's what audiences expected from comic book/superhero stories.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:16 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I think the Bat-Man movie was release before Superman. But, to your, point, that's a campy movie as well. That's what audiences expected from comic book/superhero stories.
Batman came out like a decade after the first Supes movie.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:18 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Batman came out like a decade after the first Supes movie.
Batman: The Movie came out in 1966. Like a decade before the first Supes movie.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:20 PM 12-16-2012
Batman: The Movie came out in 1966. Like a decade before the first Supes movie.
Ah, of course. I had my mind on the Burton version.

Submitted for your viewing pleasure....

[Reply]
Bowser 02:21 PM 12-16-2012
From the YouTube comments for above vid....

QUESTION - Is there anything batman dosnt have in his utility belt?

ANSWER - Patience for clowns like you
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:22 PM 12-16-2012

:-)

To this day, one of my favorite scenes in any movie. It's just so stupid. I LOVE it.

But thank god Burton showed up to reinvent Batman on film.
[Reply]
007 02:29 PM 12-16-2012

still cracks me up they didn't even try to hide that the shark was tied to the ladder on his nose. :-)
[Reply]
KCWolfman 05:23 PM 12-16-2012
I think you nailed it. I expected Superman to be more serious and handled with forethought. Instead I got a water down version of an Adam West
[Reply]
bowener 06:22 PM 12-16-2012
Can somebody like Reaper give me a critical review of Superman Returns? Please!
[Reply]
Rugby Thompson 01:12 AM 12-17-2012
Superman sucks, no one wants to see that anymore.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is the best super hero film of all time.
[Reply]
Setsuna 05:38 PM 12-17-2012
Saw previews for this when seeing The Hobbit. I am sincerely stoked about this one.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:41 AM 12-18-2012
Is Lex Luther going to be in this film? Id rather see a movie about him and his climb to evil
[Reply]
munkey 03:52 PM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is Lex Luther going to be in this film? Id rather see a movie about him and his climb to evil

From what I'm hearing is it will a mix between say a smallville (Clark growing up) and Superman II with maybe even an ending with Batman? Rumors are all over the place...I would be kinda of a cool way to intro justice league though I never really understood the concept...I mean why would superman need help from anyone? UNLESS he has vulnerabilities other than just Kryptonite...Don't know...can't wait to find out.
[Reply]
bowener 04:10 PM 12-18-2012
This movie is starting to look like it may not be complete shit. I am actually (possibly) excited for Zach Snyder film. I like that it looks like the world isn't quite sure what to make of Superman (from what I have gathered form the trailers). I mean realistically world governments would be pretty weary of a superhuman that is everything proof.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up