ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 270
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:24 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nice research; looks like I made some faulty assumptions there.

I remember him coming through clean a ton but gave it the wrong cause. I figured there had to be some reason that Gs weren't getting to him and it turns out that sometimes they just !@#$ed up.

He has some easy money in there but less of it as a result of those twists than I expected.

You will see more of those though, if for no other reason than we'll be in even fronts far more often. It's just harder to run a stunt when you're using an odd front, especially when one of your OLBs is a speed rusher who you'd really like to avoid getting hung in the wash.
Hey man - I didn’t remember. I had to go look it up.
[Reply]
FAX 01:28 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Dude, you're way off base.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2018-e...es-2018-season

That is every sack for Jones last season. There is one at minute 2:35 where he lines up as the 3 tech, then stunts around the right tackle with Dee Ford going to.... I don't know... Russia? WTF is he doing?

There is a delayed stunt at minute 3:25. Same thing - lines up at DT and stunts with Houston around the RT.

Every other sack he got it was from penetrating the gap he originally lined up in.

Additionally, I'm watching Dee Ford's sacks -- zero stunts.

However, at 1:11 of this video, Breeland Speaks drops into coverage. He races back to recover the fumble. Actually pretty impressive.

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvide...rd-2018-season
That Jones cutup was simply beautiful.

Thanks for posting, Mr. saphojunkie.

FAX
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:28 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wow. What a distraction. We're trying to win the super bowl and he's pulling this shit?

[Reply]
New World Order 01:31 PM 07-26-2019
Wow. What a distraction. We're trying to win the super bowl and he's pulling this shit?

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:32 PM 07-26-2019
Troll much?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:33 PM 07-26-2019
I’m so fucking happy.

Football is back. We get to debate football and discuss football. Not child protection services, or grammar, or contract holdouts.

Just what kind of championship memorabilia we plan to buy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:34 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I’m so fucking happy.

Football is back. We get to debate football and discuss football. Not child protection services, or grammar, or contract holdouts.

Just what kind of championship memorabilia we plan to buy.
The media isn't going to let this go, and neither are opposing fanbases.

There are going to be some real dicks exposed in this mess down the line.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:35 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Troll much?
He’s being sarcastic because of some of us that found Ramsey showing up in a Brinks truck as a bad message to start camp on a team that needs to turn things around after a disappointing season.

Because was Sherman did is basically the same thing :-)
[Reply]
FAX 01:35 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nice research; looks like I made some faulty assumptions there.

I remember him coming through clean a ton but gave it the wrong cause. I figured there had to be some reason that Gs weren't getting to him and it turns out that sometimes they just !@#$ed up.

He has some easy money in there but less of it as a result of those twists than I expected.

You will see more of those though, if for no other reason than we'll be in even fronts far more often. It's just harder to run a stunt when you're using an odd front, especially when one of your OLBs is a speed rusher who you'd really like to avoid getting hung in the wash.
Jones' gitoff is impressive and (IMHO) probably capriciously unexpected from the standpoint of an o-line fatty.

I surmise that the O-Fatties don't expect a man that big to have that kind of quickness in the first two steps. Just not used to seeing it ...

Jones is a rather unique physical specimen.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 01:37 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This. He’s our 3rd WR day one and he has great chemistry with Mahomes. It’s not like he has a lot of trade value either as he has 1 year left on his deal and would have to learn a new offense on the fly.
That's worth some money, right there ...

FAX
[Reply]
Mecca 01:38 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The media isn't going to let this go, and neither are opposing fanbases.

There are going to be some real dicks exposed in this mess down the line.
Do you mean KC media or national media?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:40 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Do you mean KC media or national media?
Both.

If Tyreek Hill does anything remotely controversial on the field they will pounce.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:42 PM 07-26-2019
The Sausage makes me laugh.
[Reply]
FAX 01:43 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I don't think that's what Reid wants.

Tyreek was fantastic stretching the defense horizontally. When Reid began using him more traditionally, having him stretch vertically, he lost SOME of that horizontal element. You obviously can't have Tyreek doing two things at once.

DaT was suppose to be that guy, and every offseason they talked up DAT's special packages, and you did in fact see them on gameday. Though he obviously wasn't quite as effective (though effective at times) and couldn't stay healthy.

I think Reid wants to use Hardman to bring back that special ability to stretch horizontally. Force defenses to respect the jet sweeps, fakes, reverses etc even MORESO than they already do by putting a true play maker back there again.

Just look at Hardman's quote the other day for example. They asked Hardman how Tyreek being back changes things for him and he answered something like, "It doesn't change anything i'm doing. Still the same plan moving forward".

My impression was that Hardman has a specific job, and it was never to take Tyreek's role in this offense, but to work on his specific role that Reid has set out for him all along.
Another highly insightful post-thing from Mr. Detoxing.

The horizontal game is the secret sauce to this offense. A defense simply cannot cover every square inch of a football field with 11 dudes. Especially when those 11 dudes are exhausted as a laser-tag cat by the mid-3rd.

The way I see it, the plan is probably to give Hardman a dual role. Threaten with the vertical and destroy with the jet.

FAX
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 01:45 PM 07-26-2019
Is this a joke or are you really that uptight and boring?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 270
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up