ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 270
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:01 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
They can have Robinson for a 5th rounder + Janoris Jenkins, howboudah
Wouldn't take Jenkins if they offered him with a 5th round pick in tow for free.

Let's set aside the $10 million base salary this season that will rob of us cap rollover that could be used on Hill/Jones and just discuss his play on the field. The guy's washed. And frankly, for most of his career he's been overrated because of his splash plays. Meanwhile he'd get absolutely torched a handful of times/season while guessing.

I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised to see him cut outright.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:03 AM 07-31-2019
Depending on how quickly he picks up the playbook, I can see Tremon Smith making the team as RB4.

Darrel Williams is a big pile of meh, and Smith has value as a KR.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:04 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Depending on how quickly he picks up the playbook, I can see Tremon Smith making the team as RB4.

Darrel Williams is a big pile of meh, and Smith has value as a KR.
Basically the guys fighting for those bottom spots RB 3/4 WR 5/6 just got some new competition.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:05 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You are then putting all the hopes of a position that is very important into a guy that is injury prone a rookie and a UDFA that has never played in an actual game...

I think people are acting like Pringle is a 1st round pick and it's weird.
:-)

I'm the dude who screams at K State dipshits around here who still pine for Tyler Lockett. I'm not some KSU homer at all. I don't give a rat's ass about KSU.

Or Byron Pringle for that matter.

However, is it reasonable to say that Byron Pringle could be our WR4?

Yes. Definitely yes. And if he can't do the job, do we have lots of other guys who could figure it out? Yes we do.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying trade fucking Hill and put Pringle in his place.

Christ.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:06 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Generally speaking it's good to be out in front of those markets if possible. I'd like to see the Chiefs be the first to get their man signed rather than wait until Thomas and Jones sign. Cooper's gonna get paid as well.

Each of them are going to want to 'reset' the market even if they don't have much to justify it. If they can get Hill for the $16-18 million that was floated, they should do so. I'd rather see 4-5 years than the 3 being rumored, but anything to firm up the salary structure and give the Chiefs clear cost visibility can only help them going forward.
Agreed on all counts.

Originally Posted by O.city:

Come on Frank
I don't think O was melting down about this, more of a "cut the shit Frank." Kind of thing.

In which case, I agree. Cut the shit, Frank.

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Hmmm. They must really be convinced they can do nothing with Smith at CB.

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Dude was struggling catching punts earlier. **** it just keep Tyreek as PR. But I swear to god if Tyreek fields another punt inside the 5 and runs sideways I’m gonna lose my shit
You keep saying this and it keeps being a terrible buttfucking idea.

We're about to pay him a significant chunk of the cap. You don't run him out on low-leverage plays. Playoffs where you need one? Let's roll.

Against the fucking Jags in September? GTFO here with that shit.

Darrell Williams is ok, he's basically a fall forward gain 3-4 yards type, he isn't gonna make big plays.

Now something interesting, if you work Smith as a HB/WR hybrid that plays special teams you could conceivably give him the 6th WR spot and figure out some ways to use his speed...he probably has more value than Dieter or the other WRs battling for that spot.
Even if Hardman has the spot, you'd think that he could move to gunner since DAT is gone now and keep a spot if you're looking at ST guys. He must be truly terrible at corner. If he can do some gadgety shit on offense and cause a split second of hesitation, whatever. I'm in.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:06 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
:-)

I'm the dude who screams at K State dipshits around here who still pine for Tyler Lockett. I'm not some KSU homer at all. I don't give a rat's ass about KSU.

Or Byron Pringle for that matter.

However, is it reasonable to say that Byron Pringle could be our WR4?

Yes. Definitely yes. And if he can't do the job, do we have lots of other guys who could figure it out? Yes we do.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying trade fucking Hill and put Pringle in his place.

Christ.
And in a reasonable situation I might agree with you but you are literally a Sammy Watkins injury away from Hardman and Pringle taking significant snaps, which would hurt to a degree.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:07 AM 07-31-2019
No way I trade Drob unless you get something spectacular in return. He made alot of big plays last year and I fully expect him to continue to improve and I expect big things out of him.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:08 AM 07-31-2019
And for the record, Tremon Smith is a buttfucking awful corner but a guy with 4.3 speed can have offensive value for only that reason.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:17 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Trent Williams is available for trade. Redskins must've really pissed him off.

Sounds like it might be the Patriots making the trade. Goddamnit Redskins.
The Texans should be begging them for a deal. Watson was the 4th highest sacked QB ever last year and he evaded a lot more using his legs
[Reply]
Mecca 11:19 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Texans should be begging them for a deal. Watson was the 4th highest sacked QB ever last year and he evaded a lot more using his legs
They already blew that wad, they signed Matt Khalil and they used their first 2 picks on OL.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:19 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Too bad they traded their upper-tier LT because he was an inmate that got too uppity.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:21 AM 07-31-2019
No to trading DRob. Yes to trading a pick for a CB.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:23 AM 07-31-2019
And in a reasonable situation I might agree with you but you are literally a Sammy Watkins injury away from Hardman and Pringle taking significant snaps, which would hurt to a degree.
We're literally a Sammy Watkins injury away from Demarcus Robinson taking significant snaps, too.

Last year we actually DID have a Sammy Watkins injury and we had to throw shitty fucking Chris Conley out there. Yeah, he had speed, but he had more trouble getting open than if we asked Mitchell Schwartz to play WR and Jalen Ramsey was defending him.

Pringle being the 3rd option if Watkins went down isn't the doomsday scenario you paint it to be, because if it is, we're kinda fucked not matter what if Watkins goes down. And no, I'm not saying we actually would be. That's just the claim going around right now--- inexperience at the WR position (no matter how talented) being the next man up is a very bad thing.

It wouldn't be as smooth as Watkins, but we'd be just fine.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:24 AM 07-31-2019
"Man, people really have a hard-on over Byron Pringle because of a couple of decent pre-season games before he missed the entire damn season w/ an injury. That sure seems strange, I wonder why...."

{Googles name}

Oh. Now I get it.

Fellas, the odds are overwhelming that Byron Pringle is a JAG. He'll probably make the team and he'll probably have a few moments here and there, but why the hell are we just assuming he's a better player than Robinson, who has physical tools for days and is in his 4th year in this system?

Now I'd be willing to trade Robinson for the right return, but this idea that he's just gonna plummet down the depth chart because of a UDFA who had a couple of nice games against backups and then missed the entire season is just silly.
Heh. I’m not a KSU fan, but I love me some Pringle. He’s a better high point receiver with better long speed. I mean did we ever see Robinson burning corners downfield?

The Raiders TD was, well the the Raiders and Robinson didn’t burn the corner deep.

To me Robinson is an intermediate threat as a backup that Hardman will easily replicate. I think Pringle is such a good replacement for Conley bc he can give you what the old Conley (pre-Achilles year) did.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:26 AM 07-31-2019
"Man, people really have a hard-on over Byron Pringle because of a couple of decent pre-season games before he missed the entire damn season w/ an injury. That sure seems strange, I wonder why...."

{Googles name}

Oh. Now I get it.

Fellas, the odds are overwhelming that Byron Pringle is a JAG. He'll probably make the team and he'll probably have a few moments here and there, but why the hell are we just assuming he's a better player than Robinson, who has physical tools for days and is in his 4th year in this system?

Now I'd be willing to trade Robinson for the right return, but this idea that he's just gonna plummet down the depth chart because of a UDFA who had a couple of nice games against backups and then missed the entire season is just silly.
Homerism is a big part of his hype.

But he balled out last preseason.
Veach/Reid shared that he would have made the final roster if not for his injury.
He's reportedly looked great through OTAs and early TC, earning compliments from teammates and leadership and media.

Not sure that he's ahead of D-Rob at this point.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 270
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up