ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 27
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Juju to Patriots
RunKC 12:59 PM 03-15-2023

Breaking: FA WR JuJu Smith-Schuster is signing with the #Patriots , sources tell @theScore

Only 26 years old, the 2018 Pro Bowler comes off a strong season for the #Chiefs, with 78/933/3.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 15, 2023

3 years $33 million.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:07 PM 03-15-2023
I'd argue that Pickens is a combination of immature and passionate about football.

The man isn't off the field assaulting vacuums and shit. He doesn't have some criminal record.

His incidents have all been entirely football related, in the heat of the moment type stuff.

That passion also manifests positively on the field in the form of ridiculous catches because he doesn't give up on the ball, or ferocious run blocks.

He's not a headcase. He's immature. And lot a of the great WR's are/were.

Quite frankly, i like a little bit of "crazy" in my WR.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:10 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'd argue that Pickens is a combination of immature and passionate about football.

The man isn't off the field assaulting vacuums and shit. He doesn't have some criminal record.

His incidents have all been entirely football related, in the heat of the moment type stuff.

That passion also manifests positively on the field in the form of ridiculous catches because he doesn't give up on the ball, or ferocious run blocks.

Even Jerry could get a little heated, even into his 30s. I remember one instance when he nearly got into a fist fight in the locker room after a game, and I'm pretty sure he was over 30 at the time. Great WRs tend to be a little excitable at the least. Even Larry could lose his temper every ten years or so.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:11 PM 03-15-2023
I hope we have a plan for WR1 if we're passing on JuJu at 3 yrs $33m is all I'm saying, that feels like a doable deal for us.

I'd be pissed if we brought Hardman back now, for any dollar value.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:14 PM 03-15-2023
That wasn't the question.

Your statement was that a rookie WR can't be productive here. Now you're moving the goal posts, and in doing so, insinuating my exact point: That they sure could if the Chiefs actually invested in a good one.

Glad to see you come around. Moving on now.
Tapout acknowledged
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:15 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Tapout acknowledged
Yes, i have acknowledged your tap out.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:17 PM 03-15-2023
Apparently the Pats were calling about Hopkins or Jeudy, but picked up JuJu instead to save the pick. Leaves maybe the Cowboy and Giants in the WR market, along with our Chiefs. Did the Pats force our hand?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:18 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Did the Pats force our hand?
No.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:18 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Apparently the Pats were calling about Hopkins or Jeudy, but picked up JuJu instead to save the pick. Leaves maybe the Cowboy and Giants in the WR market, along with our Chiefs. Did the Pats force our hand?
They've got a lot of cap space, I think. They could still go after either.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:22 PM 03-15-2023
I mean, you just completely made up the idea that they passed on him due to character. You want him to defend an argument that you completely made up like its fact.
The chiefs were said to be one of a few teams that did a ton of homework on him. Universal rumor that on top of having a spotty character track record, he gave terrible interviews. Pickens sat there at a wonderful value for a team like the chiefs who just lost a WR1. Andy Reid is known to pass on low character players and the team brags about only bringing these guys in after extensive vetting.

Not hard to do the math. There are so many good explanations for why we would pass on his character. Very hard to explain why we’d pass on his talent. So yeah, I would say it played a very big role.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:28 PM 03-15-2023
Why the fuck are we talking about George fucking Pickens, AGAIN?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:28 PM 03-15-2023

I disagree. I get where you’re going because passion can fuel temper especially thinking of gigantic assholes like Jordan. But that isn’t what Pickens temper feels like. It feels Marcus peters like. Peters also hasn’t been an issue off the field. It’s not just the temper it’s the enormous theatrics and self centeredness of it all. I don’t think that goes away.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:28 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The chiefs were said to be one of a few teams that did a ton of homework on him.
I'm sure all 32 teams did extensive homework on him.

Andy Reid is known to pass on low character players
What? Lol, since when? Andy Reid is known as the guy who takes on "character" guys and gets them to focus in and play ball. Kadarius Toney, HELLO? Are you going to try to argue that Toney wasn't labeled as a headcase, wannabe rapper that quit on the Giants and had a bad attitude?

Not hard to do the math. There are so many good explanations for why we would pass on his character. Very hard to explain why we’d pass on his talent. So yeah, I would say it played a very big role.
Again, you're making the character thing up. George Pickens was never thought of as some slam dunk shoe-in. It's real freakin' easy for you to sit here today and say, "how could you pass up on that talent" when most people weren't saying shit about his talent last year.

Some of us here were, sure. But there wasn't this overwhelming majority that was all in on George Pickens. He wasn't some slam dunk 1st round pick. Most here WEREN'T in on George Pickens.

So no, you don't get to sit here and say, "well he's so obviously talented, what else could it be??"

I deny that attempt.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:29 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Why the **** are we talking about George ****ing Pickens, AGAIN?
Detoxing can't let the drafting WR thing go
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:30 PM 03-15-2023
Can we just skip forward to the draft and everyone's happy?

Oh, wait.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:30 PM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Why the fuck are we talking about George fucking Pickens, AGAIN?
IT'S NOT MY FAULT OK STOP YELLING AT ME.

This is all Superturtle's fault....
[Reply]
Page 18 of 27
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up