007 06:50 PM 09-23-2020
I'm humbled.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:42 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I feel like there are 2 groups of people:

1) People who will defend Iron Man 2
2) People who will defend Iron Man 3

And there's really not a ton of overlap. I liked 2 and a lot of folks really don't. I thought 3 was just god-awful, but some people enjoy it.

Something about the difference in tones between the 2 movies has created a weird little venn diagram where the circles just barely overlap.
I’m outside the diagram. Both aren’t great but enjoyable and I’ll watch them if they’re on.
[Reply]
eDave 01:49 PM 09-24-2020
Fassbender would be awesome, IMO. Same character as Inglorious Basterds would work perfectly.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:00 PM 09-24-2020
Don't really like it, but I'll give him a chance.

He's one of the greatest living actors.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:04 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I feel like there are 2 groups of people:

1) People who will defend Iron Man 2
2) People who will defend Iron Man 3

And there's really not a ton of overlap. I liked 2 and a lot of folks really don't. I thought 3 was just god-awful, but some people enjoy it.

Something about the difference in tones between the 2 movies has created a weird little venn diagram where the circles just barely overlap.
The reason people poo-poo Iron Man 2 and 3 is because...well...there's not a whole lot of places to go with Iron Man after he's defeated the first "big evil tech" villain.

That's why the Avengers movies are really Iron Man's best movies. Because there's more interesting things to do with the character.

Still love Iron Man 2 (why I chose it last year for Mahomes).

Iron man 3 is OK. But still fun. But it's the law of diminishing returns on Iron Man villains.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Iron man 3 is OK. But still fun. But it's the law of diminishing returns on Iron Man villains.
I'd say it's more "the law of making Pepper Potts a badass" but that's just me..
[Reply]
luv 03:32 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I like Hardy, but he's too safe of a pick. I would have preferred the following:

George McKay

Tom Hiddleston

And I know he's not British but

Michael Fassbender
As much as I love Tom Hardy, he just seems too rustic. You need a guy that exudes charm and class that can also do action. I think Tom Hiddleston would be perfect.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:25 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
As much as I love Tom Hardy, he just seems too rustic. You need a guy that exudes charm and class that can also do action. I think Tom Hiddleston would be perfect.
That was always my hang-up w/ Elba.

I just don't know that he can do suave.

Hardy as Reggie Kray (not Ronnie) in Legend kinda demonstrates his ability to be suave but hard-edged. Early on in the movie when he's playing 'young' Reggie and he's clean-shaven and coiffed and wearing suites while trying to be something of a gentleman gangster.

And to some degree I think you're overstating the 'class' angle. Bond's charm has always come to some degree from the undercurrent of danger that surrounds him. He's not some dapper Bogart sort of figure. He ain't Rhett Butler.

Daniel Craig's Bond never really focused on class and his charm always came from raw masculinity. Hardy can absolutely do that.

Bond needs to give the appearance that he's taken a punch or two. Hiddleston in The Night Manager kinda required you to suspend disbelief a bit. He feels more like an 'everyman' sort who just happens to be smart and resourceful and can feel his way through tense situations on guile. He never feels like any kind of trained killer.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:35 PM 09-25-2020
Hiddleston definitely seems more Roger Moore.

Hardy seems more like Craig.

No right or wrong.

Just my perception...
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up