ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Hall of Classics>I can't be what I'm not.
MeatPeeker 11:05 PM 01-18-2003
Some people are jocks. Some people are preps. Some people are sluts. Some people are popular. Some people are all of the above, or a combination of one or more.

Some people are nerds.

I am a nerd.

Nerds don't go to parties. Those other people do.

I'm not those other people. I don't do what they do.

After covering my basketball games (which put the evening at 7pm) I went to the library and got on the computer until it closed at 8. Then I went to a mexican restaurant and ate dinner. It was then 9 pm. I was led to believe the party was starting at 9:30 or 10 pm. I drove over to her house and parked in a nearby lot. I waited. I felt sick. I went to the university center, and looked in the mirror. I looked like a nerd. I went back to the parking lot, ended up circling the house five times and parking again each time.

The last attempt I actually got out of the car. Guys I was so scared my entire body was screaming for me to get back in the car where it was safe. I got in there and left, and tried not to turn my head to look at that apartment building and the people outside it as I passed it.

Two songs played in the car as I began that trip home. Joe Walsh's "Life's been good to me" and AC/DC's "Hell's Bell's." Those are two of my favorite songs, and they are never played on the radio.

Those were my mp3s, calling me home.

I had a good cry on the way home, but I'm here now, where I belong. With you guys, my geforce 4 and no one else.

To thine own self be true. :-)
Attached: nerdroom.jpg (85.6 KB) 
[Reply]
MeatPeeker 11:32 PM 01-18-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by PunkinDrublic
I just turned 26.
You're a little old to be hanging out with college students....wouldn't work.
[Reply]
Phobia 11:33 PM 01-18-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by gochiefs
You're a little old to be hanging out with college students....wouldn't work.
Another cop-out.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:34 PM 01-18-2003
Not really my friends range from 19 all the way up to 26 and I go to college parties all the time.
[Reply]
DaWolf 11:35 PM 01-18-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by PunkinDrublic
Not really my friends range from 19 all the way up to 26 and I go to college parties all the time.
Another reason why he's been disappointing his parents since 1976.

:-)
[Reply]
2bikemike 11:35 PM 01-18-2003
Really introduce him as your cousin from Dallas. Hell when I was 26 I looked 20 got carded all the way to 30. Now I never get carded:-)
[Reply]
theultimatekcchiefsfan 11:35 PM 01-18-2003
Check out the poll results, pretty damn close to the truth:-)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/poll....ts&pollid=1625

I for one consider myself a nerd. Guess what it doesn't matter.
There are alot of chicks out there who dig nerds. Thet get tired of the prettyboy, muscle bound boys. You can still be a nerd and score!

:-) NERDS RULE :-)
[Reply]
MeatPeeker 11:36 PM 01-18-2003
Well....we'll see. I'll let you know if I decide to make another attempt.
[Reply]
TopJet2 11:38 PM 01-18-2003
From one fellow nerd to another.........YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU DONT YOU WILL END UP HATING YOURSELF FOR NOT INTERACTING WITH PEOPLE trust me on this I look back on the days where I too felt sick to my stomach when I met new people and I feel like I wasted most of my High School years being afraid of rejection. I mean do you know how much pooty I missed out on because I didnt get the nads up to go to such parties till my junior year. I kick myself in the ass at least once a week just for that reason. One other thing your not as weird as you think. I would be willing to guess you are overly critical of yourself and you will be the person that judges you the harshest so go have a good time and if they dont like u F##K THEM:-)
[Reply]
MeatPeeker 11:38 PM 01-18-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by theultimatekcchiefsfan
Check out the poll results, pretty damn close to the truth:-)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/poll....ts&pollid=1625

I for one consider myself a nerd. Guess what it doesn't matter.
There are alot of chicks out there who dig nerds. Thet get tired of the prettyboy, muscle bound boys. You can still be a nerd and score!

:-) NERDS RULE :-)
Are you really a nerd? Do you own a pair of Boba Fett boots? Did you cry when Spock, Kirk and Data died? Do you own the soundtrack to every Star Trek movie? Do you ready science fiction novels? Do you own seven plastic lightsabers? Do you go to science fiction conventions? Do you have Jabba the Hutt sitting on top of your monitor, flanked by the Fetts?

THAT IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A NERD.
[Reply]
Phobia 11:38 PM 01-18-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by gochiefs
Well....we'll see. I'll let you know if I decide to make another attempt.
The next time you have a party to attend, your ID will be disabled during the time you're supposed to be there. We're all trying to help, believe it or not.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:40 PM 01-18-2003
Everybody feels uncomfortable in some social situations. If you continue to live in fear you're gonna have a lot of regrets.
[Reply]
MeatPeeker 11:40 PM 01-18-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pHoBiA

The next time you have a party to attend, your ID will be disabled during the time you're supposed to be there. We're all trying to help, believe it or not.
I know you are, and I appreciate it. I really tried tonight. I drove past that house intending to leave twice and turned back twice......
[Reply]
KcMizzou 11:40 PM 01-18-2003
Your problem is you see "them" as the cool people, and don't see yourself that way.

I gave that up when I left highschool, and went to Warrensburg. I was in the so called Honors dorm... and was surrounded by what you might call nerds. It was coed, which was cool.... but it only meant you had both male and female nerds. :-) In that enviroment I was the partier of the group. My buddy Matt and I'd run up and down the halls, bangin' on doors... tryin' to get those bastards to go down to Pine street with us.

Sad thing is... we partied alot, but neither of us came back the next year. It was easy to predict, and I'd change it if I could. BUT... I learned how to have fun. That's a pretty good thing to learn, if you wanna lead a happy life.

Once you get outta highschool.... there is no "cool" anymore. If people like you, great! If they don't? F*ck 'em. Why should it matter to you? Get some balls and go out. Somethin' will happen.... you'll have a great time with the guys... get some good feedback from a girl... (god forbid) make out with some chick.... and then you'll be hooked. Star Wars and Chiefsplanet aint got chit on that. :-)
[Reply]
2bikemike 11:40 PM 01-18-2003
Something you might try is to take small steps into the social life. For instance tonights party. Just stop by for a short period of time say an hour. In that hour make it a goal to talk to 2 or 3 people and then leave. People will stop inviting you if you never show up.

Stop beating yourself up. Quit saying your a nerd or that your stupid for wasting your time.
[Reply]
Ugly Duck 11:42 PM 01-18-2003
The bummer is..... there was a girl-nerd at that party. One that finally got the gutz to walk in or was dragged there by her friends. She just hung around the back of the room, not knowing how to make small talk and feeling uncomfortable. Wishing that some guy-nerd would show up and start talking to her. Someone just like her, someone that knows how it feels to be uncomfortable in a party situation. But you never showed up and she sat there alone.

You two will never hook up until you scope for for her like she's scoping for you. She's out there. Look for her - she needs you...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up