ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Hall of Classics>PPL, Dissent and New Posters
KCJohnny 12:04 PM 08-25-2001
PPL: Planet party line. Marty/Gun "sucks" (not my choice of words), Rams West is COOOOOL, 6-10 under Vermiel is better than 9-7 with Gun, all ex-Chiefs are money-grubbing scum suckers who are overrated anyway, T-Rich ain't good enuff, etc...

Dissent: People who post replies not in conformity to the PPL.

New Posters: People who innocently post their actual opinions rather than subscribe to the PPL and get shouted down by the clique of regulars touting the conventional wisdom.

Oh well, its only football, and most of us deserve each other.

KCJ
Football Paraiah
[Reply]
milkman 03:15 PM 08-25-2001
Johnny,
Take your head out of that box that you received the care package from Gun in.

I used to have respect for for you, and enjoyed reading your posts.

But this kind of post, and the ones that have preceeded this one since the hiring of Vermeil expose you for the very small minded individual you are.

It's people just exactly like you that make the idea of ever returning to a church sickening.
The pews are filled with small minded people like you.

As for this so called party line, I was in the minority here in my displeasure with Vermeil's hiring, and wasn't afraid to share that displeasure here.

I never once felt that there was anyone who treated me badly, even those that disagreed with me vehemently.
They just felt strongly about their opinion, as I did mine.

Now, while I don't like the the way CP went about bringing in Vermeil, and I'm still pissed about losing picks, and pissed that CP still hired Vermeil in spite of the cost (a point of contention between me and some of the other posters here), I am excited about the team's new direction under Vermeil.

You want to watch Martyball, The 3 :-), RBbC, and just plain mediocraty in general, go watch the Redskins.

Maybe they'll send you another package to buy your loyalty.
[Reply]
milkman 03:26 PM 08-25-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by TheFly
Is Gun a good defensive coach? You betcha. One of the best. But he does not know how to coach a whole football team. He showed that he does not have the mindset for it.
Again, I ask, why is it that everyone thinks that Gun was suc a great coordinator?

He was inconsistent in that capacity as well, just not nearly as incompetent.

His defenses went from good one season, to mediocre the next.

It took him an entire season to make adjustments when opposing teams figured his defense out.

I believe that he reached his highest level of competency at position coach.

He reached his first level of incompentency when he became a DC.
[Reply]
KCGannonStalker 03:30 PM 08-25-2001
How can people NOT disagree with moves by an organization who's history is littered with moves like dumping Pro Bowl Starting Quarterback Rich Gannon? Carl "Satan" Peterson is only concerned with filling my beloved Arrowhead to capacity and developing players for other teams. I'm convinced that Donnell Bennett is the next former Kansas City Chief that we'll see as a Pro Bowl starter.

Marty will show you all this season just how wrong you are about the coordinators and their successful reunion in Washington will hasten the end of Carl "Satan" Peterson's reign. It's only a matter of time before Mr. Lamar Hunt figures out that Carl "Satan" Peterson is not the leader to take this organization all the way to the big game and has let talent OTHER than Pro Bowl Starting Quarterback Rich Gannon escape.

The PPL was never more apparent than when the article appeared mentioning "respected special teams coach, Mike Stock." The PPL was to poke fun at the article, instead of recognizing that Mike Stock IS an accomplished special teams coach who is well known and respected throughout the league. It wouldn't have been in an article distributed worldwide if it weren't true, but you all still just can't accept it!
[Reply]
Phobia 03:38 PM 08-25-2001
Marty was great but he lost touch with his players AND his staff. It was time for a fresh start. Too bad we didn't get a FRESH start 2 years ago. Gunther is a wonderful man and a great defensive mind. His time was never here as a head coach.

Rams West? I'm not actually familiar with the term so I won't respond.

MOST football players are money grubbing. The NFL let salaries get out of control. There is NO way anybody should be making over $1,000,000 a year and there is NO way your worst player should be making $275,000. Free Agency ruined loyalty & tainted football as a whole.

Am I conforming to everyone elses' opinions? If not, please tell me what I should believe so I can adjust.....
[Reply]
Brock 03:46 PM 08-25-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by milkman
It's people just exactly like you that make the idea of ever returning to a church sickening.
The pews are filled with small minded people like you.
Is that really necessary? The personal attacks on this board are getting way out of hand.
[Reply]
morphius 03:56 PM 08-25-2001
I'm suddently having flashbacks to Wax and his "we should start Moon" line.
[Reply]
milkman 03:58 PM 08-25-2001
Johnny's topic post is attacking each and every one of us that he considers to be a part of the "party line"

He is just more accoplished at using inuendo than I am.

Personally, I'll take my honest straight forward approach over his masked insults.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:16 PM 08-25-2001
Lay off the acid, Morph. It'll help.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 04:20 PM 08-25-2001
Hey proc,

Practice what you preach...

hypocrate...

:-)

CG

so called Chaplain...

wasn't that guy a slap stick comedian with a hitler mustache?:-)
[Reply]
ExtremeChief 04:58 PM 08-25-2001
KC,

I have always "stayed off" of most of your topics, and usually respected your opinion. I must say now that I am extremely offended. For you to lump posters here together as "towing the Planet Party Line" is ludicrous. I think all you are doing is starving for attention and you want to be attacked. Well, congratulations, you got it.

As far as I'm concerned you are no better than packfan or falstaff. Maybe you can be a chaplain of a troll only board, cause that is what you are, IMO.
[Reply]
TheFly 05:23 PM 08-25-2001
I will vote to put KCJ in a new TV series... GUNsmoke!
:-)
[Reply]
Chiefnj 06:43 PM 08-25-2001
Pastor,

I doubt you could find two people on this board who are in 100% agreement as to how the Chiefs should be run and which players they like and dislike. There is no PPL All you seem to do lately is attempt to create a "me vs. the rest of the world" atmosphere. Why? Years ago on the Star you were not like this. Did the fact that Gunther sent you a care package completely erase all of your objective views of the team?
[Reply]
Luzap 06:46 PM 08-25-2001
By The Way...

Where's Packfan?

Has anyone heard from him since we looked so good against the Jags?

How about the Bears?

Luz
hate it when they don't stick around and take their lumps...
[Reply]
Phobia 06:49 PM 08-25-2001
Proctor probably IS Gunther. He hasn't been posting for the past several weeks because he's been at Training Camp with the Titans, not some jump exercise..... Admit it Gunther - you and Proctor are the same. :-)
[Reply]
Luzap 06:52 PM 08-25-2001
I thought Gunther and SportsWax were the same???

Luz
confused...
and it's morphius' fault...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up