ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The blue-state exodus gains momentum
Merde Furieux 11:02 AM 01-11-2020
But that trend also highlights a problem: Some of the people fleeing destructive blue-state taxes and regulations appear to drag their pro-big-government philosophy with them — apparently oblivious to the fact those policies destroyed the state they are trying to escape.

One can even see that dynamic occurring in Texas. For a decade or so, liberals have been predicting (not to mention hoping) that Texas’s growing Hispanic population would turn the state from deep red to purple, and perhaps even blue.

In addition, many California families have decided to migrate to Texas simply to find more affordable housing, lower taxes and streets that aren’t rife with homeless people, feces and used drug paraphernalia. And Texas even has a 367-mile-long coast!

But we cannot overstate the significance of the Bureau’s top-line finding: Texas will gain two or three congressional seats after 2020 while California will likely lose one.

That’s a big deal for California, which has never lost a congressional seat. It is a tacit repudiation of California’s over-the-top taxes and policies. Some of the other blue states, like New York and Illinois, have been bleeding people for years.

Several years ago I interviewed the editor of Chief Executive magazine, which conducts an annual CEO survey of the best and worst states to do business. The editor told me the survey had two constants: Texas always comes in as the best state to do business, and California always comes in dead last. Oh, and Florida, which is projected to gain two seats, usually comes in second place.

But there is another factor: Texas has become one of the primary destinations for disaffected Californians, as more and more California businesses have concluded it’s time to go where they will be appreciated.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...gains-momentum
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:34 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
I just did tell you why. Does that not fit the narrative you want?
Doesn’t fit all the data.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:31 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My work is in Hollywood, so I can't leave, either. But if I could, I'd be out in a heartbeat.

Hollywood is out of control with Gentrification, with 13 more new hotels (One has opened and three others will open this year), millions of square footage for Netflix (which has been a disaster for me personally due to traffic) and several 40+ story towers going up before 2024. There's also a 4 million square foot office space set to go up at The Crossroads of the World by 2024 as well.

But not only is the gentrification, it's the insane property taxes, not only on homes but cars as well. I'm paying more than $14k a year in home property tax and two years ago, California raised the Auto Property Tax by more than 20% so I'm paying at least $500 on two late model vehicles.

The homeless situation is out of control here. OUT OF CONTROL. We have homeless camps on the streets below mine and unfortunately, we pass by more homeless camps taking our children to and from school. Add to that, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! In front of grocery stores, drug stores, restaurants, gas stations - you name it. My kids get scared and rightly so. I'll often pay for Food Delivery fees just to avoid homeless beggars. There are even homeless people harassing drivers in Drive-Thru Lanes!

Add to that, the mayor of LA is a freaking moron, which is saying something because Antonio "Tony Villa" Villaraigosa was maybe the most corrupt mayor this city has seen in 100 years. Eric Garcetti has proposed spending ONE BILLION DOLLARS on housing for the homeless. Meanwhile, our streets are shit, I don't even have sidewalks and the public schools are absolutely pathetic. I mean, PATHETIC. More pathetic than anyone that hasn't experienced them can possibly imagine.

And then we have the Democrats that run this state, wanting to provide FREE healthcare to illegals. FREE! What in the world is WRONG with these people?

It just sucks. I freakin' hate it. My oldest's school is 4.6 miles from our home and it takes a minimum of 25 minutes to get there in the morning, around 20 or so to get home, then at least 30 minutes in the afternoon and 30 minutes to get home. So, I am WASTING nearly 2 hours per day so that my child doesn't have to attend a crappy LAUSD school and instead can attend a Charter School, which STILL costs us at least $7k per child per year plus 100 hours of "Community Service" for both me and my wife.

Life shouldn't be this difficult. It really shouldn't. Yet California has figured out a way to **** EVERYONE in the ass that lives here.
Then :-) and move you fucking baby.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:32 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I liked visiting CA. I got tired of the graffitti EVERYWHERE. On the toilet seat at a c-store. WHat the **** is that ?
THAT MUST HAVE BEEN AWFUL
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:33 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can't, Dude. I'm a TV Composer and my work and business are here.

That said, my kids absolutely LOVE visiting the KC metro area (all of my family is in Leawood or Olathe). My wife took them back for a week this past summer and they FaceTimed me after going to McDonald's of all places:

"Daddy, we actually got to SIT inside and eat at a McDonalds! It was so nice and clean!".

It was sweet of them yet pathetic that they were excited to sit inside a McDonalds. A freaking McDonalds.
:-)

So do something else that doesn't require you to live in and subject your family to such a hellhole, you buttfucking moron.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:12 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
But that trend also highlights a problem: Some of the people fleeing destructive blue-state taxes and regulations appear to drag their pro-big-government philosophy with them — apparently oblivious to the fact those policies destroyed the state they are trying to escape.

One can even see that dynamic occurring in Texas. For a decade or so, liberals have been predicting (not to mention hoping) that Texas’s growing Hispanic population would turn the state from deep red to purple, and perhaps even blue.

In addition, many California families have decided to migrate to Texas simply to find more affordable housing, lower taxes and streets that aren’t rife with homeless people, feces and used drug paraphernalia. And Texas even has a 367-mile-long coast!

But we cannot overstate the significance of the Bureau’s top-line finding: Texas will gain two or three congressional seats after 2020 while California will likely lose one.

That’s a big deal for California, which has never lost a congressional seat. It is a tacit repudiation of California’s over-the-top taxes and policies. Some of the other blue states, like New York and Illinois, have been bleeding people for years.

Several years ago I interviewed the editor of Chief Executive magazine, which conducts an annual CEO survey of the best and worst states to do business. The editor told me the survey had two constants: Texas always comes in as the best state to do business, and California always comes in dead last. Oh, and Florida, which is projected to gain two seats, usually comes in second place.

But there is another factor: Texas has become one of the primary destinations for disaffected Californians, as more and more California businesses have concluded it’s time to go where they will be appreciated.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...gains-momentum
These blue state exodus people are operatives in a liberal plot to turn Texas blue.

[Reply]
Over Yonder 07:40 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
At my work we pay kids out of HS 19$ an hour for entry level security work. They have to be able to get a guard card though. It used to be 22$ an hour and might go back to that rate in February. This is in the Stanford area though where an apartment could rent for $2500+
Ok. Yea, if you /they are paying anywhere close to $20/hr for entry level work, bad things are bound to happen to the working class. $2500 a month for an apartment is nonsense as well. You could probably rent 7 or 8 two and three bedroom houses for that kind of coin here.

I just can't wrap my mind around those kinds of figures. That just isn't logical :-)
[Reply]
scho63 07:56 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Then :-) and move you fucking baby.
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:

So do something else that doesn't require you to live in and subject your family to such a hellhole, you buttfucking moron.
You're just like the Tony Robbins of CP with all your positivity on every subject and all posts. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 07:59 PM 01-13-2020
Not only are the wage earners moving, apparently the homeless are fed up with California too! :-)

Rep. Chip Roy: California's homeless crisis could be migrating to Austin – Here's how to tackle it

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/cali...n-rep-chip-roy

In my hometown, the phrase “Keep Austin Weird,” popularized on T-shirts and bumper stickers, symbolizes the funky, and historically offbeat, culture of the people and businesses of Texas’ capital city. But over the past several months, an ordinance approved by the Austin City Council and defended by Mayor Steve Adler has produced “tent cities” for the homeless and a surge in violent crime.

As droves of Californians move to Texas for jobs, it appears they and their values are turning parts of Austin from merely “weird” to potentially dangerous mirror images of failed California cities.

Beginning last July, the city implemented a new policy allowing homeless people to sleep and camp in public spaces. To be clear, we should do all we can in our community to make sure everyone has a home. But this policy does nothing to address the growing problem of housing affordability in Austin, has endangered the community, and is a bandaid approach that actually perpetuates homelessness.

News from California about that state’s housing problems provides clear evidence that allowing the homeless to camp in the open creates public health and safety crises. Poor sanitation for homeless individuals living on the streets led to an outbreak of Hepatitis A in 2017 that grew to include communities up and down the state.

It is one of the reasons that so many Californians are seeking refuge in the state of Texas.

The residents of Austin deserve to walk the streets in safety and peace — and the homeless themselves deserve better than the “promise” of a tent in a public park.

As the congressman representing much of downtown Austin, I have seen and heard the impact of the homeless problem. Local business owners have told me about their increased security needs and of finding needles in their parking lots. These developments not only endanger the local community but also will have an impact on visitors’ perceptions of the city, threatening the vitally important tourism dollars that come to Austin every year.

California business owner blasts Gov. Newsom for homeless crisisVideo
The changes in Austin came at the same time that the downtown area experienced an 18 percent increase in violent crime during the first 10 months of 2019.

The tragic incidents of last week—when a homeless man fatally stabbed two individuals at a restaurant and subsequently died of his own injuries—speak to the trauma the homeless problem causes for all Austin residents, including the homeless themselves.

In response to the murders last week and the surge in violent crime in downtown Austin, Gov. Abbott wisely directed the Texas Department of Public Safety Thursday to patrol sections of downtown, as well as areas near the University of Texas campus.

The city can and must do better to solve the problems of homelessness and make sure all Austin residents feel safe. City officials and community organizations can work together to provide individuals with access to temporary shelters, mental health care, and social services that will provide not just short-term assistance to displaced individuals, but long-term plans to get them in stable, permanent housing.

More broadly, Austin must do a better job on the issue of housing affordability. As one of the nation’s fastest-growing cities, our housing stock must grow to accommodate our burgeoning population. Otherwise, a shortage of houses will push prices and rents ever-upward, making any “solutions” to the homeless problems temporary and short-lived.

Anti-growth zoning restrictions and crushingly burdensome tax rates do not help “solve” the problem rather— as we have seen in recent weeks, have only created more problems by increasing the homeless population.

As a proud Texan who once enjoyed living downtown – I know our city can come together to solve this problem. The residents of Austin deserve to walk the streets in safety and peace—and the homeless themselves deserve better than the “promise” of a tent in a public park.

Working together, we can prevent California’s homeless and housing crises from migrating to Texas’ capital.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 05:53 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
These blue state exodus people are operatives in a liberal plot to turn Texas blue.

I'd like to think that more than half the people leaving these blue states for red states are not tax and spend liberals.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:36 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
I'd like to think that more than half the people leaving these blue states for red states are not tax and spend liberals.
Oh no, they definitely are. They are sacrificing themselves by living in red states, with the goal of eventually turning them blue.

Not all that different from the pioneers who settled the West.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:40 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Oh no, they definitely are. They are sacrificing themselves by living in red states, with the goal of eventually turning them blue.

Not all that different from the pioneers who settled the West.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:39 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It's so wonderful when Bitch desperately tries to convince himself and funnier, others, that most people think the way he does.

Civil war would have already taken most of us.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:29 PM 01-14-2020
I really don’t need to “convince” anyone when all the data shows us what the reason is.

“Taxes”, JFC
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up