ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 426 of 460
« First < 326376416422423424425426 427428429430436 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
tk13 10:17 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
To a point but I think the PGA has some input, just not like other events including Majors.

Shame on the PGA for getting steamrolled by Augusta.
If they had any input at all, the LIV guys wouldn't be there. I'm not sure there's another thing in sports like Augusta. Even CBS and ESPN are billion dollar companies and they have zero pull with Augusta. They do and say whatever Augusta wants. If Augusta doesn't like something the network does, or something an announcer says, they are done. They basically have one year contracts every year, Augusta can pull the plug on them anytime. It's probably why the TV announcers have avoided talking much about the LIV/PGA rivalry.

Every single thing about this event is what Augusta wants. Here's a good article about it. As long as they're the most prestigious golf tournament with the biggest ratings I doubt anything will ever change.

https://frontofficesports.com/newsle...ls-everything/
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:45 AM 04-09-2023
Tiger quit.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:17 AM 04-09-2023
It appears I am far from the only person pissed off at the incredibly shitty coverage of this event.

Twitter fans voicing pretty negative comments. They are richly deserved.

The WORST coverage of any golf event in my lifetime, let alone the most watched Major.

It's a great example why people are sick of the pompous PGA and places like stuck up Augusta.
Augusta national doesn't give a s*** about what you think of the coverage. And by the way the coverage has been fine. I don't know what people are bitching about.
[Reply]
kstater 07:29 AM 04-09-2023
It's pretty obvious this is the first time Scho, and the "Twitter fans voicing their opinions" have ever watched the masters. Not that Scho has ever been right about anything.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:09 AM 04-09-2023
Augusta told Dwight Eisenhower to fuck himself when he asked about the tree on 17. They DGAF.

And people complaining about TV coverage of the Masters have no idea what it used to be like. They have every final round on their YouTube channel. Go and watch the difference in coverage pre-2000. You hardly even see the leaders before 9.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:10 AM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Augusta told Dwight Eisenhower to **** himself when he asked about the tree on 17. They DGAF.

And people complaining about TV coverage of the Masters have no idea what it used to be like. They have every final round on their YouTube channel. Go and watch the difference in coverage pre-2000. You hardly even see the leaders before 9.
I recall very clearly what it used to be like. But there's no excuse for the Masters to not be broadcasting the first 7 holes of the leaders yesterday when they are already showing every shot of every player online. Whatever argument they may have had for doing so expired once they started doing that over the past decade.

Times have changed and they've actually adapted in some ways but not others.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:31 AM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Augusta told Dwight Eisenhower to **** himself when he asked about the tree on 17. They DGAF.

17. The Masters intentionally doesn't maximize profit.

They sell $1.50 sandwiches, hold a lottery for $150 tickets, and only work with 6 sponsors.

Augusta doesn't even make CBS & ESPN pay a media rights fee, giving it to them for free in exchange for full and complete control.

— Joe Pompliano (@JoePompliano) April 7, 2023

[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:35 AM 04-09-2023
I always thought Augusta protected their brand. Even now in the age of social media.
People want more-they refuse to a point.
[Reply]
kstater 08:52 AM 04-09-2023
Up until 20 years ago you didn't know what the front 9 looked like unless were there.

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:03 AM 04-09-2023
Bennett has lost 4 strokes today. That stinks. Hopefully he can make a bit of a comeback.
[Reply]
scho63 09:08 AM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
It's pretty obvious this is the first time Scho, and the "Twitter fans voicing their opinions" have ever watched the masters. Not that Scho has ever been right about anything.

You are certainly a dumb motherfucker, that I am DEFINITELY right about.

Been watching the Masters for 44 years.

I bet you're a real "expert". :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
scho63 09:20 AM 04-09-2023
During the 70's and 80's, TV coverage was VERY different and there was no social media.

Things adapt over time and change for the better.

Maybe we should broadcast the Masters in black and white from the 10th hole to make some of you purists happy that they are keeping with tradition and the Masters way.

On a side note, surprised the crazies haven't gone after Augusta to change the name from "The Masters".
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:42 AM 04-09-2023
During the 70's and 80's, TV coverage was VERY different and there was no social media.

Things adapt over time and change for the better.

Maybe we should broadcast the Masters in black and white from the 10th hole to make some of you purists happy that they are keeping with tradition and the Masters way.

On a side note, surprised the crazies haven't gone after Augusta to change the name from "The Masters".
The protests (as it was) for changing the name already happened. 2020 I think. Mostly in print. If there were actual protests, you’d never know as the Masters keeps the lid on tight.

Their first black player in the tournament was Lee Elder in 75. That discussion took place the year they were going to honor Lee Elder.
[Reply]
scho63 09:58 AM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
Up until 20 years ago you didn't know what the front 9 looked like unless were there.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

This is why you should keep your mouth shut and stick to what you think you know about shitty Kstate.

You know NOTHING blowhard.

1985 Masters showing leaders on 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th hole and all along the way.

Some of you douchenozzles just make shit up.

[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:08 AM 04-09-2023
Brooks Koepka, Jon Rahm, Viktor Hovland and Patrick Cantlay in the final two groupings. It doesn't get much better than that, four greats.

One of them is going to get their first green jacket and it will be a life changer even for a guy with four majors like Koepka.
[Reply]
Page 426 of 460
« First < 326376416422423424425426 427428429430436 > Last »
Up