ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 95
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:59 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
He did get convicted of 3rd degree murder.

Weird. Cop did something wrong, people didn't burn cities and the process worked out.

I don't buy that there is an agenda driven, systemic racism in police.
The fact that you think the process is over and worked out is part of the problem. He’s been charged and arrested. He hasn’t even seen a trial so he’s definitely not convicted of anything yet. Systemic racism isn’t just about the police. It’s government systems in place. The police play a SMALL part in the problem, but unfortunately take the brunt of the blame. The protests cover the whole system but a Black lives vs Blue lives agenda for the media gets the best ratings
[Reply]
eDave 11:00 AM 06-05-2020
The store owners who are being burned and looted out are society...and they didn't do a ****ing thing to any of these people.
I'm not arguing that. Just pointing out were the issue lies.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:02 AM 06-05-2020
I've got several friends who are cops, in small towns, rural counties and big cities on the coast. Have you ever talked with a friend who is a cop about the shit they have to deal with from people? The things they see people do?

It's a wonder cops don't reset someone's factory button with a baton every single day.
I actually know a dude who is part of the swat team, he's a solid guy and I've heard some stories for sure. I have the same view of cops I do anyone else, I've encountered fine cops and other cops that were flaming dicks for no apparent reason other than just because.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:03 AM 06-05-2020
The store owners who are being burned and looted out are society...and they didn't do a fucking thing to any of these people.
I think people are just getting to the end of their rope on this stuff. They're told to peacefully protest. Kaepernick tries that, and he gets kicked out of the NFL for it. When people feel backed into a corner and helpless, they lash out.

Is it justified? Obviously not. But you can bet lawmakers are having a lot more conversations about how to improve policing right now than they would if everyone was just sitting around a campfire and singing kumbaya. In that sense, it's an effective way of sending a message when more peaceful approaches haven't worked.
[Reply]
Pants 11:04 AM 06-05-2020

Weird. Cop did something wrong, people didn't burn cities and the process worked out.

I don't think it's agenda driven either. Wanton abuse and unjustified killings do seem to happen a lot more to black people than any other race. There wasn't much outrage or many consequences for these acts in the past, almost like people didn't care or black lives didn't matter.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:05 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There's some stats out there that I honestly don't have answers to.

Black people commit a lot of crime for the amount of the population they are, men commit a lot more crimes than women do. There just isn't any real black and white type of answer to what causes that.
someone already said it. inequality. rich vs poor. we have f**king marionette strings on us and our oligarchs are pulling our strings.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:06 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The lack of fathers in the home is definitely the biggest issue. There’s just no denying it. Boys need that male influence in their life and they just don’t have it in the black community.

It’s fucking crazy that it’s worse than it was during slavery.
jim crow worked.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:06 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
The fact that you think the process is over and worked out is part of the problem. He’s been charged and arrested. He hasn’t even seen a trial so he’s definitely not convicted of anything yet. Systemic racism isn’t just about the police. It’s government systems in place. The police play a SMALL part in the problem, but unfortunately take the brunt of the blame. The protests cover the whole system but a Black lives vs Blue lives agenda for the media gets the best ratings
Not to mention that historically lots of cops get fired or suspended, but close to 100% end up back on duty again quickly. So many problems would be solved if bad cops actually were held accountable through a fair and impartial process. Holding bad cops accountable is another issue that should be slam dunk but isn't for some weird reason.

Not to mention... It shouldn't take a civilian leaked video for these situations to get addressed. How many times does this happen without a video leak?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:07 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I don't think it's agenda driven either. Wanton abuse and unjustified killings do seem to happen a lot more to black people than any other race. There wasn't much outrage or many consequences for these acts in the past, almost like people didn't care or black lives didn't matter.
Technically, Native Americans are killed by police far more than any other race on a per capita basis. They just don't have much of a voice left.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:08 AM 06-05-2020

weird. gen x or boomer white male doesn't see an agenda. no racism. nope.

weird.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:09 AM 06-05-2020
I've got several friends who are cops, in small towns, rural counties and big cities on the coast. Have you ever talked with a friend who is a cop about the shit they have to deal with from people? The things they see people do?

It's a wonder cops don't reset someone's factory button with a baton every single day.
wow. just wow. yeah. maybe we should get them some therapy so they aren't prone to randomly be shitty human beings?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:10 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think people are just getting to the end of their rope on this stuff. They're told to peacefully protest. Kaepernick tries that, and he gets kicked out of the NFL for it. When people feel backed into a corner and helpless, they lash out.

Is it justified? Obviously not. But you can bet lawmakers are having a lot more conversations about how to improve policing right now than they would if everyone was just sitting around a campfire and singing kumbaya. In that sense, it's an effective way of sending a message when more peaceful approaches haven't worked.
you can only corner an animal so long before they lash out. human beings are animals (biologically speaking). we've been treating a large portion of our society as literal animals (not human animals re: jimmany cricket) for too long. they're pissed about it.

weird.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:25 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Success would involve drastically reducing police funding in order to lessen their capacity for violence against civilians (black, white, native, everyone) and directly address the issues of inequality that are at the root of the street violence you claim to care oh so much about.
How in the hell could that possibly have a positive outcome? This will make for even lesser people being able to become cops.

Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I believe the bolded could have a a inverse outcome as well. Clearly training is needed.
Man a police officer is already one of the most trained professions out there short of the military and doctors. Yet they are underpaid and under appreciated. (The good ones).
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:30 AM 06-05-2020

The FBI did a report in 2006 showing exactly that. White supremacists have been taking over law enforcement systematically to further their agenda and oppress minority communities. It really doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe because it doesn't change reality. Here is the declassified report:

http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...filtration.pdf

"Since coming to law enforcement attention in late 2004, the term "ghost skin" has gained currency among white supremacists to describe those who avoid overt displays of their beliefs to blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes."

This is coming from an FBI Counterterrorism investigation. How much more proof do you need?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:31 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
How in the hell could that possibly have a positive outcome? This will make for even lesser people being able to become cops.

Man a police officer is already one of the most trained professions out there short of the military and doctors. Yet they are underpaid and under appreciated. (The good ones).
I think people are conflating "police budgets" with "access to military-style gear." I agree that simply budgets probably won't help much.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 95
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up