ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chiefs' Playoff Paths
Rain Man 05:04 PM 12-15-2018
Here are all of our potential outcomes for your viewing pleasure. Scenarios A through M based on the outcomes of various combinations of games. The big numbers are our final seeding.

(Edit: Updated with a new graphic to show changes heading into Sunday on Week 16.)
Attached: Playoff Paths.jpg (76.3 KB) Playoff Paths Week 16.jpg (66.3 KB) Playoff Paths Week 16 After Saturday.jpg (53.9 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:45 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
So if I'm reading the board correctly, we are 95% positive we are losing to Seattle this weekend. Is that correct?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:57 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I'll start to worry once it gets up past 98%
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:01 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'll start to worry once it gets up past 98%
97 then
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:08 PM 12-17-2018
I still think the Ravens pull it out this weekend. Combined with a Chiefs victory in Seattle, we'll all be feeling a lot better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:22 PM 12-17-2018
Be interesting if we lose and fall to #5

1. San Diego
2. Houston
3. NE
4. Pit
5. KC
6. Bal

We've already proven we can beat Pit at their place. Then we'd go to two places where we have won with regularity.

Could still wind up in the Suepr Bowl. :-)
[Reply]
highBOLTage 03:41 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Be interesting if we lose and fall to #5

1. San Diego
2. Houston
3. NE
4. Pit
5. KC
6. Bal

We've already proven we can beat Pit at their place. Then we'd go to two places where we have won with regularity.

Could still wind up in the Suepr Bowl. :-)
Baltimore isn't making the playoffs if they lose Saturday. One Pittsburgh win and Tennessee and Indianapolis beating the skins and Giants in home games eliminates them.
I'd think it is
1. KC
2. NE
3. Houston (philly wins)
4. Pitt
5. Lac
6. Indy
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:37 PM 12-17-2018
PFF on the AFC West.

https://youtu.be/lnyhXLa1nA8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Toad 02:06 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by highBOLTage:
Baltimore isn't making the playoffs if they lose Saturday. One Pittsburgh win and Tennessee and Indianapolis beating the skins and Giants in home games eliminates them.
I'd think it is
1. KC
2. NE
3. Houston (philly wins)
4. Pitt
5. Lac
6. Indy
Ravens aren’t eliminated with a loss to the Bolts. Plus, the Bolts are playing for AFC West title and HFA, so get that reverse voodoo mojo crap outta here :-)
[Reply]
TEX 02:19 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I still think the Ravens pull it out this weekend. Combined with a Chiefs victory in Seattle, we'll all be feeling a lot better.
How so? The Chargers have more than enough defense to shut down a one dimensional Ravens team. Also have enough offense to score when the Ravens cant.

Regarding the Chiefs chances...Seattle presents major problems both rushing and passing. Their run game is even better than the Ravens, and KC could not stop B-more. Wilson can also extend plays and he has a deep threat in Lockett. Seattle is a bad matchup for KC. Plus, Seattle needs a win to make the playoffs and they get a chance to try in front of their home crowd. Also, someone has to pay for that ugly loss to the 49'erd. Not a good spot to be in if you're the Chiefs.

I dont see one road team winning, much less both.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:44 PM 12-18-2018
I think shutting down the Ravens rushing attach is easier said than done. The Ravens are great at controlling the clock and playing outstanding defense.
[Reply]
bobbything 02:47 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
How so? The Chargers have more than enough defense to shut down a one dimensional Ravens team. Also have enough offense to score when the Ravens cant.

Regarding the Chiefs chances...Seattle presents major problems both rushing and passing. Their run game is even better than the Ravens, and KC could not stop B-more. Wilson can also extend plays and he has a deep threat in Lockett. Seattle is a bad matchup for KC. Plus, Seattle needs a win to make the playoffs and they get a chance to try in front of their home crowd. Also, someone has to pay for that ugly loss to the 49'erd. Not a good spot to be in if you're the Chiefs.

I don't doubt that Seattle is a poor match up for us, defensively, but pretty much any team with a pulse is a bad matchup for us on defense. We are a terrible matchup for Seattle offensively. Terrible. So, there's that.

Also, Baltimore has averaged like 200+ yards rushing since Lamar took over. I don't care how good your defense is, that's difficult to prepare for. Plus, their defense is legit too. It will give Rivers fits.

Baltimore is going to be a tough out for anyone. I expect their game with LAC to be as close as ours was with Baltimore.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:20 PM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:

So we're up to 99% that we are losing. Time to start panicking everyone!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:43 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Despite the Chargers' performances of the past, it's pretty clear to me that they're a better team this year than they've been for quite some time.
Chargers are different this year.

The typical Charger team losses at Arrowhead with the Chiefs are up 14pts in the 4th quarter with under 4 minutes to play
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:28 AM 12-22-2018
How has the ESPN playoff machine still not been fixed? If by some chance the Chiefs beat Seattle but lose to the Raiders, and the Chargers lose to the Ravens but beat the Broncos - then we have the same division record. So the next tiebreaker should be record vs. common opponents - where the Chiefs have one less loss.
[Reply]
jjjayb 01:15 AM 12-22-2018
As much as I hate to say this, we may be better off not getting the #1 seed. The strength of this team is our offense. Playing in Arrowhead in January isn't going to do our offense any favors. And as we've seen, our defense is putrid enough that it doesn't matter if we play here, LA or Mars, they're still going to suck. We'd almost be better off playing away in someplace nice like L.A. or Houston.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up