ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 191
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 PM 02-28-2024
I really like Javon Baker from UCF. He looks like a guy that will be a steal due to a loaded WR class.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:26 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I really like Javon Baker from UCF. He looks like a guy that will be a steal due to a loaded WR class.
I am going crazy waiting for the combine to kick in. I really want to see what Baker runs.

I can't stop watching highlights, etc, and now I am sure that I would take Brian Thomas Jr. over Franklin if they were both there at 32.

I would move up for Thomas Jr. if he gets into the 20s.

But, I am also nearly positive that Thomas Jr. isn't making it into the 20s. He isn't as fast (just my eyes) as Franklin, but his releases are better I think, and he while he can run away from people, he does a lot of the work before the pass is even thrown. I think he is better than Franklin manipulating defenders, reading leverage, etc.

I am not bashing Franklin, because I would love for him to be a Chief, but today I think Thomas Jr. is better.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:05 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I am going crazy waiting for the combine to kick in. I really want to see what Baker runs.

I can't stop watching highlights, etc, and now I am sure that I would take Brian Thomas Jr. over Franklin if they were both there at 32.

I would move up for Thomas Jr. if he gets into the 20s.

But, I am also nearly positive that Thomas Jr. isn't making it into the 20s. He isn't as fast (just my eyes) as Franklin, but his releases are better I think, and he while he can run away from people, he does a lot of the work before the pass is even thrown. I think he is better than Franklin manipulating defenders, reading leverage, etc.

I am not bashing Franklin, because I would love for him to be a Chief, but today I think Thomas Jr. is better.
Those are the areas Franklin needs to improve I agree, but I really like his releases.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:00 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Those are the areas Franklin needs to improve I agree, but I really like his releases.
Man, I have liked Franklin for a couple of years. Brian Thomas Jr. kinda came out of nowhere for me. I knew he was good, had all the TD catches, but I thought maybe Nabers got all the attention, so Thomas was usually matched up with the lesser corner, etc.

And while that is a little true, I think he can embarrass any corner with his release and get off. And while he doesn't look as fast as Franklin, he strides out and accelerates with a great sense of timing.

I would be thrilled to have any of the top receivers. I know that we can't get the big 3, but I have seen a couple of mocks by the young draft analysts that do the ESPN podcast, and I am high and can't remember the other two I saw, but they have projected Coleman, Thomas Jr. or Franklin to fall to 32. One had Coleman falling, one had Franklin falling, and one even had Thomas Jr. falling.

If we drafted Coleman, Franklin, Thomas Jr., or Worthy at 32, I would be so damn happy. AD Mitchell would be a notch below, but it wouldn't make me mad at 32, unless Coleman, BTJ or Franklin was available and we took Mitchell instead. Then it would piss me off.

If we waited until round 2, I would be happy with AD Mitchell, McConkey, Legette, Polk, or Corley.

My prefence, though, is for a big receiver. I dream of Mahomes being able to throw a jump ball knowing we have a stud that is going to snatch the fucking ball out of the air.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:29 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Man, I have liked Franklin for a couple of years. Brian Thomas Jr. kinda came out of nowhere for me. I knew he was good, had all the TD catches, but I thought maybe Nabers got all the attention, so Thomas was usually matched up with the lesser corner, etc.

And while that is a little true, I think he can embarrass any corner with his release and get off. And while he doesn't look as fast as Franklin, he strides out and accelerates with a great sense of timing.

I would be thrilled to have any of the top receivers. I know that we can't get the big 3, but I have seen a couple of mocks by the young draft analysts that do the ESPN podcast, and I am high and can't remember the other two I saw, but they have projected Coleman, Thomas Jr. or Franklin to fall to 32. One had Coleman falling, one had Franklin falling, and one even had Thomas Jr. falling.

If we drafted Coleman, Franklin, Thomas Jr., or Worthy at 32, I would be so damn happy. AD Mitchell would be a notch below, but it wouldn't make me mad at 32, unless Coleman, BTJ or Franklin was available and we took Mitchell instead. Then it would piss me off.

If we waited until round 2, I would be happy with AD Mitchell, McConkey, Legette, Polk, or Corley.

My prefence, though, is for a big receiver. I dream of Mahomes being able to throw a jump ball knowing we have a stud that is going to snatch the ****ing ball out of the air.

You want an Alpha WR.

As I said, welcome.

We have t-shirts.

https://www.canva.com/design/DAF-HGs..._source=editor
[Reply]
O.city 07:38 AM 02-29-2024
Chiefs don’t throw jump balls.

Need guys that get open.
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 02-29-2024
If I want a big physical WR, Rice would be my pick later in the draft.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:13 AM 02-29-2024
Doesnt baker have character concerns? Is it just the blowing kisses to coaches while he runs by them or more serious stuff?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:07 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Doesnt baker have character concerns? Is it just the blowing kisses to coaches while he runs by them or more serious stuff?
We're putting together a football team not a play date for your toddler.

**** your minor character concerns! Look at these fools in the NFL parading around after their TDs with pre-planned cheerleading routines. You guys will hang on any minor "character concern" like the kid went and shot up a local mall or something. One kid talks trash, the other celebrates when he wins, come'on!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:12 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
We're putting together a football team not a play date for your toddler.

**** your minor character concerns! Look at these fools in the NFL parading around after their TDs with pre-planned cheerleading routines. You guys will hang on any minor "character concern" like the kid went and shot up a local mall or something. One kid talks trash, the other celebrates when he wins, come'on!
{looks at Kadarius Toney situation again}

Okay - maybe put a little time into investigating 'character concerns'...

The Right 53 is bullshit. Don't do that. But the league is littered with idiots and malcontents who absolutely refused to get out of their own way.

It's not something to completely disregard, IMO.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:56 AM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{looks at Kadarius Toney situation again}

Okay - maybe put a little time into investigating 'character concerns'...

The Right 53 is bullshit. Don't do that. But the league is littered with idiots and malcontents who absolutely refused to get out of their own way.

It's not something to completely disregard, IMO.
Tony literally shot up a local baseball diamond! lol HE WAS AND IS A CHARACTER CONCEN! lol ok, ok, he didn't fire any shots but he intimidated a bunch of dudes with an AK by rolling up on them and chasing them off the field. THAT SHITS CRAY! lol
[Reply]
kcbubb 12:52 PM 02-29-2024
Speaking of crazy. Which WRs do you see as the riskiest or have the lowest floor with draft position in mind?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:26 PM 02-29-2024
ALSO regarding character concerns... Let's not forget Travis Kelce was suspended for an entire season in college.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:27 PM 02-29-2024
I'm watching Keshawn right now say "You can't have a team of choir boys and expect to win in pro football. You gotta have a little edge out there."
[Reply]
wannaGOback 01:42 PM 02-29-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Speaking of crazy. Which WRs do you see as the riskiest or have the lowest floor with draft position in mind?
BTJr, Xavier Worthy
[Reply]
Page 104 of 191
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 > Last »
Up