ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 158
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 08:31 PM 01-24-2021
Second straight Super Bowl win incoming.

Time to send old man Brady out to pasture.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:21 PM 01-26-2021
Goddamn do I love Spags. We’ll be ready for these fools

Don't sleep on the Chiefs' pass defense...

🙅*♂️😴#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/h5ZWx47DIy

— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) January 26, 2021

[Reply]
carcosa 01:22 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Azide22:
I guess I'm not sure why they'd watch, listen to, or read anything from the media these 2 weeks. Seems like a waste of time.
Have you noticed that this team has an MJ-esque ability to use doubters as motivation?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:23 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

JFC can some of you stop trying to compare the Bucs front 4 to the 49ers?

It’s not even remotely close.
I will agree with this.

The pressure from Tampa comes almost exclusively from the edges and blitzing White.

We aren’t talking about 4 guys along the DL capable of getting 3 sacks in game on their own like the 49ers had.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:23 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Having Sammy back is gonna be huge. Hell, even having Bell back means we have yet another option that they have to account for. How the **** are they gonna stop this offense now?
If the O-Line plays like last week, they can't. Pass protection and lack of penalties is all the offense needs. Tampa can't cover all the weapons the Chiefs have. KC doesn't even need a running game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:25 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
This is going to be a lop sided game. Brady throwing ducks is going to be fun watching Sneed, Thornhill and Honey Badger running under them.

42-17
I hope they can catch them in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:28 PM 01-26-2021
Weirdly, this game might be all about the defenses. And it will be the same question that needs to be answered:

Which defense can get consistent pressure on the Qb and affect their play in the most negative way?

The Chiefs OL lost their anchor, Eric Fisher on Sunday, which is a huge blow, and now we're looking at yet another reshuffling of the OL. That bears watching, considering how good the TB DL is pass rushing. Chances are high that Mahomes won't have more than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball for most of the game, until late anyway.

And can Spags dial up consistent pressure on Brady. If he can, we know that Brady will make mistakes, even throw up some intercept-able balls.

My guess is that Spags will come with some new wrinkles and try to make Brady uncomfortable early. Expect Sneed to get a sack in the first half. But the game plan will be the same as week 12. Hit Brady early and often. Force him to speed up his internal clock and force mistakes, possibly turn-overs. Destroy their efficiency. Any TB drives that end in either FGs or no points is a W for the Chiefs defense.

Chiefs offense goes out and puts up 35+, and force TB to be perfect down the stretch.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:34 PM 01-26-2021
As painful as it might be, I’m tempted to rewatch our 2014 games against the Broncos.

That might give us an indication of what Reid has planned for Barrett and JPP.

Reid, with VERY little offensive talent, had to game plan for Miller and Ware playing at a very high level.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:36 PM 01-26-2021

Kansas City has an Airport? https://t.co/DeGAHIoJXT

— Tampa International Airport ✈️ (@FlyTPA) January 26, 2021

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:39 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Thank goodness Watkins should be there to work underneath.

Can’t imagine Bell gets much work outside of some pass pro maybe, but it’ll be nice to have the depth available.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:43 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Weirdly, this game might be all about the defenses. And it will be the same question that needs to be answered:

Which defense can get consistent pressure on the Qb and affect their play in the most negative way?

The Chiefs OL lost their anchor, Eric Fisher on Sunday, which is a huge blow, and now we're looking at yet another reshuffling of the OL. That bears watching, considering how good the TB DL is pass rushing. Chances are high that Mahomes won't have more than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball for most of the game, until late anyway.

And can Spags dial up consistent pressure on Brady. If he can, we know that Brady will make mistakes, even throw up some intercept-able balls.

My guess is that Spags will come with some new wrinkles and try to make Brady uncomfortable early. Expect Sneed to get a sack in the first half. But the game plan will be the same as week 12. Hit Brady early and often. Force him to speed up his internal clock and force mistakes, possibly turn-overs. Destroy their efficiency. Any TB drives that end in either FGs or no points is a W for the Chiefs defense.

Chiefs offense goes out and puts up 35+, and force TB to be perfect down the stretch.
Spags vs Brady is real intriguing. Spags has done real well vs Brady. I think it's because his DB's are really disruptive to the quick routes Brady loves. But wonder if Brady has a chip on his shoulder after spags called the Pats out for cheating. Also Arians might have helped Brady open the offense just enough for Brady to be a little different. First time we played Arians went way too aerial. Im guessing they go more with their bread and butter short passing game vs KC.

But my hunch is that if spags beat Brady in his prime, Brady will have an interesting time beating him at 43. I hope I'm right on that.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:47 PM 01-26-2021
So whitehead could be out? That's a starting safety in an already weak secondary which is interesting.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:49 PM 01-26-2021
Thornhill seemingly returning to his rookie form these past 2 weeks is a huge development for any game, but especially this one against a deep passing game like TB has.

The range of he, Mathieu, and Sneed should make for some tough intermediate to downfield throws if Brady goes that route often. And it also allows the corners like Breeland and Ward to play more physical at the LOS.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:49 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So whitehead could be out? That's a starting safety in an already weak secondary which is interesting.
It was my understanding that Winfield was already out for this game?
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:52 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It was my understanding that Winfield was already out for this game?
Winfield was out for the NFCCG but expected back for the SB

Jordan Whitehead will be iffy at best.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:54 PM 01-26-2021

#Chiefs’ Sammy Watkins, Le’Veon Bell ‘expected to be ready’ for Super Bowl LV, reports say: https://t.co/URpKTeGEtd

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) January 26, 2021

[Reply]
Page 26 of 158
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up