ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1415 of 3903
« First < 41591513151365140514111412141314141415 141614171418141914251465151519152415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 04:25 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's essentially illegal to prevent people from traveling from state to state, so you should be fine.
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I've been looking at how to get back to PHX from STL.

I think you're fine in Texas since you're not coming from Louisiana.
Cool. Thanks Gents. Wanted to avoid this shit (which supports OWP's Luisiana plates assumption):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkERvfw-2zY
[Reply]
TLO 04:37 PM 04-15-2020
IHME put out a statement saying they're pushing back their model update until tomorrow. So I guess we will have to save our bitching till then.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:37 PM 04-15-2020
Vince McMahon after being declared an essential business, and going on that advisory group...fired 30 people today with the speculation there are alot more to come. The WWE live event business is a big deal so he likely has some inside track info they won't have fans for a long time with these cost cutting measures.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:39 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Vince McMahon after being declared an essential business, and going on that advisory group...fired 30 people today with the speculation there are alot more to come. The WWE live event business is a big deal so he likely has some inside track info they won't have fans for a long time with these cost cutting measures.
Doesn't look good for fans in stadiums anytime soon.
[Reply]
TLO 04:40 PM 04-15-2020
Just saw that. Holy smokes.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:42 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I've been looking at how to get back to PHX from STL.

I think you're fine in Texas since you're not coming from Louisiana.
LA is the only state they are making lock down, and I think that's nly if your declared destination is in TX. No clue how the hell they are enforcing it, so I'm pretty sure they aren't.
[Reply]
eDave 04:43 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Doesn't look good for fans in stadiums anytime soon.
Originally Posted by TLO:
Just saw that. Holy smokes.
Fauci said sports can return "quickly" if fans are prohibited. And 72% of Americans polled said they would not attend if sporting events resumed without a vaccine for the coronavirus.
[Reply]
TLO 04:44 PM 04-15-2020
Is anyone else going through various emotional states throughout the day?

Feeling kind of depressed
Feeling a little angry. (I'm not generally an angry person at all) I'm getting annoyed by a bunch of little things.
Feeling optimistic.
Feeling like I want to self isolate
Feeling absolutely mentally and physically drained by 6pm.

This is wild..
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:45 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Fauci said sports can return "quickly" if fans are prohibited.
Yeah I know. I think that's stupid except for baseball and golf.
[Reply]
TLO 04:45 PM 04-15-2020
Fauci said sports can return "quickly" if fans are prohibited.
WWE is still running with no fans in the stands. I'm sure they're operating at a crazy loss though.
[Reply]
TLO 04:46 PM 04-15-2020
I like WWE to an extent. But I can't watch it without fans. It feels so eerie.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:46 PM 04-15-2020
totally played our governor like a fiddle. Gets the “essential” designation (which is obviously total BS)then the next day starts the layoffs.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:46 PM 04-15-2020
Fauci said sports can return "quickly" if fans are prohibited. And 72% of Americans polled said they would not attend if sporting events resumed without a vaccine for the coronavirus.
With no fans they sell no merch it's killing them. They lost mega millions on WrestleMania this year.
[Reply]
eDave 04:47 PM 04-15-2020
It's my belief that a stadium full of fans is part of the sport being played. Fans do play a roll in games. Without them, a lot is missing.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:47 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
totally played our governor like a fiddle. Gets the “essential” designation (which is obviously total BS)then the next day starts the layoffs.
There's a story they gave him an 18 million dollar bribe because without live shows their tv contracts are in breach...with those they're dead in the water.
[Reply]
Page 1415 of 3903
« First < 41591513151365140514111412141314141415 141614171418141914251465151519152415 > Last »
Up