ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 791
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184234634 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:20 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
A broken leg is a little different than a back injury, no?
Ford does not have a back injury now and has played a full season since his surgery. ET is still on crutches and there is no way to know if he will be the same player.

We already have 1 gimpy overpaid safety in Berry- why do we need a pair of them when there are healthy guys out there?
[Reply]
O.city 12:21 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Ford does not have a back injury now and has played a full season since his surgery. ET is still on crutches and there is no way to know if he will be the same player.

We already have 1 gimpy overpaid safety in Berry- why do we need a pair of them when there are healthy guys out there?
Early Thomas isn't on crutches.

Back injuries linger even with surgery especially on guys that are doing what Ford is asked to do every play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:21 PM 03-06-2019
Fuck, I dunno guys. I might just draft a safety and take that money to sign a corner I traded for long term.
That would actually be my first preference - trade for a top-tier CB and draft a S. I just don't know that it's doable.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:23 PM 03-06-2019
We're keeping Berry?

[Reply]
O.city 12:23 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That would actually be my first preference - trade for a top-tier CB and draft a S. I just don't know that it's doable.
I would imagine it would take our first to get one of the corners.

Unless you could get Peterson for a 2nd or something maybe, or Rhodes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 PM 03-06-2019
Early Thomas isn't on crutches.

Back injuries linger even with surgery especially on guys that are doing what Ford is asked to do every play.
Exactly.

To say Ford doesn't have a back injury now is incorrect. He doesn't have symptoms. He's been symptomatic 3 times and had surgery twice. His spine has been surgically altered and repaired. His back will NEVER be normal, that's how back injuries are.

The question is whether or not he'll ever be symptomatic again, bad enough that he will miss games or require further surgery.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:24 PM 03-06-2019
Yeah....if you could grab Adderley in the 1st and trade a 3rd for Xavier Rhodes.....that would help this defense immensely.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
We're keeping Berry?
All of the smoke right now points to Berry staying.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:24 PM 03-06-2019
Exactly.

To say Ford doesn't have a back injury now is incorrect. He doesn't have symptoms. He's been symptomatic 3 times and had surgery twice. His spine has been surgically altered and repaired. His back will NEVER be normal, that's how back injuries are.

The question is whether or not he'll ever be symptomatic again, bad enough that he will miss games or require further surgery.
Put his hand in the dirt and make him go up against a LT every play? His back is going to be fucked pretty soon.
[Reply]
O.city 12:25 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah....if you could grab Adderley in the 1st and trade a 3rd for Xavier Rhodes.....that would help this defense immensely.
Do that and sign a vet like Weddle maybe? Fuck this is hard.

I wouldn't be a good GM. I'd never have draft picks or money.

I'd probably send one of our 2nds to the Steelers for Brown and just try to score 60 per game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:25 PM 03-06-2019
I just hate to spend so much on a FA CB when I don't think the difference between 'solid' and 'elite' matters much. There are really one like 2 or 3 guys, imo, that are truly different.

If someone wants to trade one, that's cool I guess, but it's a one or two year rental.

Either way, no matter what you do in FA, I think you need to draft a CB and a S in those first 3 picks.
[Reply]
old_geezer 12:26 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
We're keeping Berry?

My feelings exactly. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Either way, no matter what you do in FA, I think you need to draft a CB and a S in those first 3 picks.
I definitely agree with this.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:30 PM 03-06-2019

[Reply]
staylor26 12:32 PM 03-06-2019
I wouldn’t say all.

There’s been a couple that said the opposite.
[Reply]
Page 134 of 791
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184234634 > Last »
Up