ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 36
« First < 243031323334 3536 >
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
RINGLEADER 10:16 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well.. that kinda makes sense. Creating a light saber is, like, How To Be A Jedi 101.

Anyway, I thought it was entertaining. It looked ****ing beautiful, as Star Wars flicks always do.

Killing off Ben was chickenshit. They should have allowed Rey to die and kept him. He's a farrrr more interesting character.
I agree he should have lived. His story arc would have had an interesting end place if he realized he didn’t need to control the galaxy or live up to others and could be content with Rey on a ball of dust.

Wouldn’t have fixed the movie or trilogy but it was such a predictable and unnecessary thing to do.
[Reply]
Sorry 07:28 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well.. that kinda makes sense. Creating a light saber is, like, How To Be A Jedi 101.

Anyway, I thought it was entertaining. It looked ****ing beautiful, as Star Wars flicks always do.

Killing off Ben was chickenshit. They should have allowed Rey to die and kept him. He's a farrrr more interesting character.
They actually got my hopes up for Kylo as being a redeemable character and they freaking kill him off?? lol Can't do any more movies until its a verifiable masterpiece.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:35 PM 05-12-2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 PM 05-13-2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:58 PM 05-13-2020
For those rare few who love everything Star Wars, but don't watch Rick&Morty

EDIT: Also, later in the week, this week's episode of What We Do in the Shadows.
Attached: Shadows - SW II.jpg (87.9 KB) Shadows - SW I.jpg (78.0 KB) 
[Reply]
JakeLV 12:22 AM 05-16-2020
Jesus Christ...

Did anybody see Dave Filoni talking about Duel and the Fates and the actual meaning behind it?

Dude just made the prequels that much better ad never shot a scene
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:53 AM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
Jesus Christ...

Did anybody see Dave Filoni talking about Duel and the Fates and the actual meaning behind it?

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 AM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
Jesus Christ...

There were a lot of good ideas behind the prequels, the execution was just lacking.

The ST had the opposite problem.

Just sad.

Should have given it all to Dave. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:28 AM 05-16-2020
So I finally saw Rise of Skywalker. This won't be a popular opinion, but I didn't hate it as much as I expected to. It wasn't great, but it wasn't a disaster, either. Unlike any of the prequels, I could see myself actually watching it again someday. If there's nothing else going on.

The main problem for me - outside of Rey being about as boring a protagonist as possible, as was well established in the previous two movies - was that they tried to cram two movies worth of shit into 2:20.

And I still don't think JJ can put together a complete, coherent movie. He's like the Stephen King of filmmakers. Although maybe that's being unfair to his Mission Impossible work.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:30 AM 05-16-2020
VIII was such a fucking disaster that IX was good by comparison. When I walked out of the theater I liked it.

But the more you think about it, the worse it gets. I have no desire to ever watch it again. Which is pretty much the way I feel about all the numbered films outside of the originals.

Rogue One was great. Solo was entertaining and fun. Those are the ones I'll happily rewatch from time to time.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:40 AM 05-16-2020
If the sequel trilogy had actually been good, they'd have probably crossed the 3 billion mark at some point. The thing that disappoints me most I think was that they were just...mediocre. Like if they didn't exist it would in no way have any impact on the saga.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:52 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Like if they didn't exist it would in no way have any impact on the saga.
Well, not only that but Episode IX invalidated Anakin's journey and destiny as The Chosen One that brought balance to The Force.

It also invalidates the notion that these movies have been the "Skywalker Saga" when in the end, it was all about Sheev Palpatine and his offspring.

Anakin, Luke, Leia and Padme were all reduced to bit players.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:55 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, not only that but Episode IX invalidated Anakin's journey and destiny as The Chosen One that brought balance to The Force.

It also invalidates the notion that these movies have been the "Skywalker Saga" when in the end, it was all about Sheev Palpatine and his offspring.

Anakin, Luke, Leia and Padme were all reduced to bit players.
Ham-fisted, unthought-out, unoriginal CGI-bloated action schlock.

The JJ Abrams college try.

Should have given it ALL to Filoni.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:59 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ham-fisted, unthought-out, unoriginal CGI-bloated action schlock.

The JJ Abrams college try.

Should have given it ALL to Filoni.
OR...not release a freaking movie until the entire trilogy galaxy was planned out and set in stone, like the MCU.

It was a completely wasted opportunity that they'll never have again.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:03 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
OR...not release a freaking movie until the entire trilogy galaxy was planned out and set in stone, like the MCU.

It was a completely wasted opportunity that they'll never have again.
I'm looking forward to the animated adventures we'll get set after ROTJ.

It won't be the "official" ST, but I'm sure it will suffice for many.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 36
« First < 243031323334 3536 >
Up