ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 46
« First < 303637383940 41424344 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The SNL Thread
Easy 6 08:51 PM 05-12-2007
I've been considering doing this for a while, so here goes. A thread to discuss anyone & anything relating to the show.

They keep a pretty tight lid on all images & apparently stay after youtube as well, so those kinds of things might be a 'lil hard to come by, but oh well.

Pretty much everyone here seems to be a fan of it on some level, so it might be kinda fun.

Its as close to Cant Miss Television as there is for me.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 01:36 PM 11-07-2021
Just youtube the skits the next day
[Reply]
FD 03:29 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Check out the new guys Trump impersonation, he's actually really funny and spot on :-) He shows up about 4:05

New Trump is hilarious and a thousand times better than Baldwin, whose horrible impression has been dragging down the show for years.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:23 PM 11-20-2021
No idea who is doing what tonight, but checking in anyway until I'm able to withstand Che and Jost lying hypocrite act again
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:52 AM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by FD:
New Trump is hilarious and a thousand times better than Baldwin, whose horrible impression has been dragging down the show for years.
I think they hired that guy on the strength of his trump impression, which is actually eerily spot on. he gets the weird analogies and the cadence changes really well

https://twitter.com/shrimpJAJ/status...36720870985729

SNL is really bad nowadays but it's good they hired that guy he deserves it
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:11 AM 11-21-2021
SNL digital shorts (Lonely Island/Timberlake stuff) is about the only thing SNL does/did that's funny.

SNL certainly isn't as funny as it was 20-25yrs ago.

Weekend Update hasn't been funny since Norm.

Woke/cancel culture kills comedy.....absolutely kills it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:12 AM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's a generational thing. No different than music. You've outgrown it are not necessarily their target audience.
actually not really - it's a shit product. I think Zach pretty much nailed it w/ the degree of difficulty post.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:25 AM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
actually not really - it's a shit product. I think Zach pretty much nailed it w/ the degree of difficulty post.

Was it ever that good though? Or are we just remembering the best skits? I used to watch the 70s reruns on Nick at Night and the 80s and 90s reruns on Comedy Central and really liked it. But even though those episodes had been cut down there were still a lot of weak sketches. I'm afraid that if I go back and watch the skits that I used to love that they won't hold up.

This however will always make me laugh:

[Reply]
Simply Red 08:27 AM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Was it ever that good though? Or are we just remembering the best skits? I used to watch the 70s reruns on Nick at Night and the 80s and 90s reruns on Comedy Central and really liked it. But even though those episodes had been cut down there were still a lot of weak sketches. I'm afraid that if I go back and watch the skits that I used to love that they won't hold up.

This however will always make me laugh:

I hate this answer but I'd say - a little bit of all the above.
[Reply]
cripple creek 08:49 AM 11-21-2021
not an on stage talent but the casts' weed dealer was known as the smell.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:47 AM 11-21-2021
It's a pretty well known fact that SNL has always been more misses than hits. You just forget about the bad after a while.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:50 AM 11-21-2021
I watched the Michael Che standup on Netflix last night. He gets off to a slow start but gets it rolling pretty good.

He delivers some legit laugh out loud moments and I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:22 AM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I watched the Michael Che standup on Netflix last night. He gets off to a slow start but gets it rolling pretty good.

He delivers some legit laugh out loud moments and I enjoyed it.
I didn’t know this was a thing. May check it out tonight.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 01:42 PM 11-21-2021
I love the new trump. It doesn't come from a place of pure hatred..it took snl however long, 6 years, to understand how important that is.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:45 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by GayFrogs:
I love the new trump. It doesn't come from a place of pure hatred..it took snl however long, 6 years, to understand how important that is.
Yep, its actually funny now... and that opener is about all I remember from last night, I was freaking hammered
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:51 PM 11-21-2021
Trump should get residuals. :-)
[Reply]
Page 40 of 46
« First < 303637383940 41424344 > Last »
Up