ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>IF Erving does well at LT
UChieffyBugger 06:32 AM 09-22-2019
Over the period that Fisher is out, Does that put Fisher on the trade block once the season is over? Cam is younger and would no doubt cost significantly less to retain than Fisher. And potentially the money saved could help to keep the likes of Jones or give guys like Ramsey a contract IF Veach decides to make a trade. Just something to ponder because having a decent O-line on cheap contracts could be a God send for this team moving forward when you factor in Mahomes's impending contract extension.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:21 AM 09-22-2019
We should never make any move on our offensive line because it reduces the cap.

If they're the best players to protect our franchise we keep them. Bottomline.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:23 AM 09-22-2019
Draft a LT... Move Fisher to guard...
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:29 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Fisher is signed through 2021 and would cost quite a bit in dead cap to cut him after this season. We just reworked his contact this offseason. He's not going anywhere.
Not saying we should cut him. I'm saying IF Cam does well and the line functions fine without Fisher, then could we TRADE him in the offseason to teams in desperate need of decent linemen? That's what I'm asking. As it would not only take Fishers wages off the books which could go to Jones, but we could also get picks back.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:33 AM 09-22-2019
If Erving does well at LT...

He won't. And if he does, Fisher is still better.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:36 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Not saying we should cut him. I'm saying IF Cam does well and the line functions fine without Fisher, then could we TRADE him in the offseason to teams in desperate need of decent linemen? That's what I'm asking. As it would not only take Fishers wages off the books which could go to Jones, but we could also get picks back.
Sorry, misread that. Still, I just don't think it's likely that they'd want to move on from Fisher any time soon. He won't bring THAT much value on the trade market, and I think they like Cam as a utility player more than anything.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:39 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If Erving does well at LT...

He won't. And if he does, Fisher is still better.
That
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:43 AM 09-22-2019
Erving is better at LT than you are at creating threads, and Erving fucking sucks ass.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:48 AM 09-22-2019
If he does well, keep him a as your swing tackle. Pretty simple
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:51 AM 09-22-2019
Unless he brings a Tunsil type haul i couldnt think about it at all. Erving would have to take some big steps in the next few games to even make this a conversation.
[Reply]
Chargem 09:11 AM 09-22-2019
It would make far more sense to try and trade Cam after the season if he puts up a good show in Fishers absence. I mean, that still doesn't make a ton of sense but still way more than trading Fisher.

We have an MVP quarterback, LT and the O line in general is not where you try and save a few bucks.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 09:22 AM 09-22-2019
No, you protect the franchise. Trading away online depth doesn't exactly accomplish this.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:25 AM 09-22-2019
Fisher is a better than average player. It took time, but he developed into a good left tackle.

Erving has always been inconsistent and bounced between below average and absolutely awful.

He'd have to be REALLY good for me to endorse this idea due to his long history of inconsistency and terrible play.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:28 AM 09-22-2019
We need all the talent we can acquire to protect the franchise. Hell no and draft another fatty in round 2 and 3
[Reply]
notorious 09:32 AM 09-22-2019
Isn't it interesting that the line became really good as soon Mahomes became the QB?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:35 AM 09-22-2019
Erving is good at one thing and that’s pass blocking....most of the time. He can’t run block to save his life. Fisher is good at both.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up