ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Late night bullshit: Let's take a moment and remember the Todd Haley era existed.
Direckshun 08:52 PM 09-21-2019
That was an absolutely sublime time to be a Chiefs fan.

Chiefs get a new GM in Pioli pretty much immediately, but we went two months without an actual head coach until we hire Haley after the Super Bowl. We get lots of stories about how he's an offensive mastermind.

That momentum lasts less than a month when the Chiefs trade for Matt Cassel, effectively saddling Haley with one of the most inept beta males to ever take a snap in Kansas City for four unbelievable years.

Cassel misses the very first game with injury, which is the very last start we see of Brody Croyle, which of course he loses, and Todd Haley is seen on national television telling Croyle to snap the fucking ball.

Haley spends most of the next three years exhibiting unhealthy levels of insane rage on the sidelines, almost always directed at his own players. Of particular ire is Dwayne Bowe, who occasionally lines up wrong and gets very visibly screamed at with some of the most disgusting anger faces I've ever seen on anyone.

I believe the third year as a head coach, he approaced the preseason in an unorthodox manner. He ramped up the starters' minutes all preseason instead of peaking in the third game. That leaves the KC first stringers playing the Green Bay fourth stringers in the fourth preseason game, and of course Matt Cassel still gets sacked and he has to basically wear a flak jacket all year because he got his ribs cracked.

Clay here on ChiefsPlanet once showed in a screenshot Haley purposefully trotting out the most uninspired lineups of offensive (non-)skill positions as Pioli routinely cheaped out on talent in free agency and couldn't draft to save his life.

He was hailed as a diva whisperer when we drafted Jon Baldwin, only for Baldwin to break his hand punching a teammate.

He played Thomas Jones in front of Jamaal Charles for an entire season. Thomas Jones got almost all the first quarter carries against the Ravens in the only playoff game the Chiefs had with Haley.

Haley once wore a grubby ballcap for a month straight to games because the Chiefs were on a win streak. There was absolutely no reason for the hat to have dirt on it, but he wanted the effect, I guess.

Josh McDaniel was the Broncos head coach, racing Haley to see who could destroy their historic franchise first, and our first game in Denver, Haley was denied an opportunity to challenge because the replay booth was "inoperable," leading Haley to curse out McDaniel instead of shaking his hand at the end of the game.

At least once he got in a shouting match with his own players on the sideline during a game.

He flipped off George Blowfish.

He started Tyler Palko over Kyle Orton.

And of course the oddest thing to have maybe ever happened to this team: he showed up to a KC Star interview, I think with Kent Babb, to talk about his relationship with Pioli, and he was described in the article as completely disheveled, searching the room for microphones as he was sure Pioli had the room bugged.

Just absolutely insane three years with had with that guy. I'm convinced nobody has ever been more satisfied with a win in Arrowhead as Haley must have when he was coaching Big Ben and those Steelers teams that spanked Alex Smith and Bob Sutton.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:53 PM 09-21-2019
He also had an offensive coordinator who was physically unable to walk in 2010, spending his practices scooting around on a motorized wheelchair.

Crazy times.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:54 PM 09-21-2019
don't even remember Thomas Jones.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:55 PM 09-21-2019
I'd prefer not to, thanks.
[Reply]
Bewbies 08:55 PM 09-21-2019
It’s the Pioli Error.

Haley will never get credit for that shit.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:55 PM 09-21-2019
I think it was Larry Johnson that called out Haley while LJ was still on the roster because Haley played golf in college and never actually played football.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:56 PM 09-21-2019
When Haley was fired, Brandon Albert tweeted something to the effect of "the loudest person in the room usually has the least to say."
[Reply]
Bewbies 08:56 PM 09-21-2019
Cassel, Quinn, Palko.

The all time worst QB room of all time. Of. All. Time.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:58 PM 09-21-2019
I was at Todd Haley's last game vs the Jets in NY.

It. Was. Awful.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:58 PM 09-21-2019
He was caught yawning on screen during an NFL football game that he was fucking coaching.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:00 PM 09-21-2019
The problem with the Haley ear is that it was followed by the Romeo Crennel era which was a horrible idea.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:01 PM 09-21-2019
Also crazy things to think about....
Haley didn't want Matt cassel. He wanted Dalton or Kaepernick or Hasselbeck. The Kaepernick idea is pretty funny to think about. He also despised the tyson Jackson pick.

He also easily got the most production out of bowe and dj of anybody

All in all, if anything were different, Reid would not be our coach and mahomes not our qb. Haley has proven to be a loon and his offense is super bland. But I still wonder what he could have done if Pioli wasn't such a micromanaging shit.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:02 PM 09-21-2019
The fact that Haley has a a Chiefs HC than Herm is just shocking.

Man those years sucked.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:03 PM 09-21-2019
Who is this again??
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:05 PM 09-21-2019

[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up