ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I just made edibles. AMA
Naptown Chief 07:19 PM 09-21-2019
As the title suggests, I just finished making edibles. I've never had one, I've never made them before, and I have no idea what to expect, other than likely passing TF out lol. I've never been much into bud and hadn't smoked in years prior to Thursday.

I have (tremendous) chronic pain and received my MMJ card on Thursday after 2+ years of being on opiates. I bought a high CBD strain called Harle -Tsu, which I've been using along side tinctures during the day, and absolutely love it. Very little head high (which is what I was hoping for) but it does appear to be working pain-wise, despite simultaneously tapering off of opiates.

That said, I've also bought a few strains of (much) higher THC to help with my insomnia and, TBH, to utilize the fact that I can do so. One of which is 31% called Mag Landrace (which I haven't tried yet). I've been using an 80% Northern Lights pen to go to bed and holy shit :-).

Anyway... I know you're supposed to decarb, but I found a brownie recipe by Mario Batali. It calls for 4g. I got a deal on 1/4oz of AAA OG at the dispensary today for $25, which claims 16%, and opted to use it. I figured for my first time I likely wouldn't care about (potentially) tasting the greens since I've never had a decarbed brownie.
The recipe- https://www.leafly.com/news/lifestyl...infused-recipe

TLDR- I have medical card, lots of pain, first time doing/making an edible, and pretty nervous/excited. I know I say a bunch of stupid shit here, so roast away.
AMA.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:49 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by xbarretx:
Then start with 1/4 Cookie. Use the whole batch of butter and you should make anywhere form 80-100 cookies. You won’t OD. My wife does 1/4 and she has no tolerance. I do one whole one. Like i said, only trick is to not dive in head first. Try a small amount and see how it hits. If it’s weak then try more the next day, don’t have extra because sometimes those extra bites hit you with some compound interest highs...... once you get use to how strong your edibles are you will know what to take. Just remember that sometimes it hits in 15 minutes...and I’ve had it take 2 hours...just don’t make the mistake of going oh nothings happening ...let’s have another cookie. That’s why there a bunch of memes about thinking the edible didn’t work so you ate the whole chocolate bar and now your getting dragged off to hell (remember that doctor who got dragged off the plane..that image was used in the meme.....funny and VERY TRUE)
Is there a particular strain or potency % you like to use? I've thought about decarbing this Harle-Tsu because of the high CBD. Admittedly, this was to have some fun, but I am on medical in hopes of pain relief.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:50 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
R U GAY?
I mean $20 is $20
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:50 PM 09-21-2019
I’ve done edibles many times but have only felt them twice. In Jamaica the ones we got were strong. Had me feeling really good. Then the other day the guy I work with made a couple brownies and he put a whole syringe worth of concentrates in them and I was blasted. Def the highest I’ve ever been off of them.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:53 PM 09-21-2019
I'd definitely try the first batch at home.

Put on some headphones and listen to Pink Floyd.

:-)
[Reply]
xbarretx 07:55 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Is there a particular strain or potency % you like to use? I've thought about decarbing this Harle-Tsu because of the high CBD. Admittedly, this was to have some fun, but I am on medical in hopes of pain relief.
Best batch I made was some $50 shake I got on special last time I strolled through Denver. It ranges anywhere from 26-30% just remember or pay attention to the type of grass. I like hybrids (both indica and sativa). Just remember....Indica=in da couch... and sativa it more mind high. I like things heavy on sativa with bits of indica...if your looking for pain mgmt try a hybrid the leans indica or full on indica. Don’t focus on the potency as long as it’s above 24%...focus of the type of grass (indica or sativa). Make sense?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:58 PM 09-21-2019
Damn I can't wait until it's legal for recreational use here and the price drops so I can make some edibles. The Mrs and I went to Seattle in Feb to visit her brother. One of my first stops was a smoke shop. It was so cheap and the various edibles and bones were great. It's supposed to be on the ballot here next year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:21 PM 09-21-2019
Best batch I made was some $50 shake I got on special last time I strolled through Denver. It ranges anywhere from 26-30% just remember or pay attention to the type of grass. I like hybrids (both indica and sativa). Just remember....Indica=in da couch... and sativa it more mind high. I like things heavy on sativa with bits of indica...if your looking for pain mgmt try a hybrid the leans indica or full on indica. Don’t focus on the potency as long as it’s above 24%...focus of the type of grass (indica or sativa). Make sense?
Yes it does, thanks again man. I have been buying indica and/or indica dominant so far because that's what was suggested to me for pain. I REALLY like that Harle-Tsu, though I think the thc is very low. I love the body high with very little mind.
[Reply]
ping2000 08:24 PM 09-21-2019
Add in 1/4 cup of Prestone.
[Reply]
Bewbies 08:30 PM 09-21-2019
Damn son I’m on my way to your house.
[Reply]
xbarretx 08:41 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Yes it does, thanks again man. I have been buying indica and/or indica dominant so far because that's what was suggested to me for pain. I REALLY like that Harle-Tsu, though I think the thc is very low. I love the body high with very little mind.
Np man! My fav strains thus far is black ice (hybrid), blueberry headband( hybrid), recon (full on indica), and some special jawa-pie hybrid strain that tastes JUST like key lime (no clue what type but it was dank)!

I don’t focus on strains because unless your growing your own....the dispensary will rotate there stock constantly so you won’t be able to focus on just one or two. That’s why i look for the type and the % of THC. GL man and hopefully your not doing that stuff alone...I mean you can but someone else with ya is funny because it can hit them in different ways. Be safe brotha!
[Reply]
xbarretx 08:42 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Damn son I’m on my way to your house.
#par-tay at Naptowns....LOL!!
[Reply]
Nickhead 08:44 PM 09-21-2019
my last crop was laden with seeds, so i intend to work on extracting as much as i can. am just having a hard time pulling the trigger. i will eventually make the time :-)
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:44 PM 09-21-2019
Don’t tell us unless you’re sharing :-)

My only experience with edibles is eating half a cookie, bitching about feeling nothing, then literally getting hit with a tidal wave of highness. Ended up puking like a bitch :-)
[Reply]
xbarretx 08:47 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
my last crop was laden with seeds, so i intend to work on extracting as much as i can. am just having a hard time pulling the trigger. i will eventually make the time :-)
Feminize seeds might solve that.
[Reply]
Nickhead 08:49 PM 09-21-2019
Feminize seeds might solve that.
no where around here to get, and illegal to import. its all bush seed :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up